Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YouTube Reviews, What would you want reviewed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube Reviews, What would you want reviewed?

Hey GWErs. So I found out late last night, that I am being donated items from a website. (Brand new) I wont be providing my channel name or website source through without nebulas and Sirius's permission. Although I am doing this as a hobby and not to make money, they are providing a promo code for my viewers!

Anyways, so basicly I now have access to any of their products, I will be doing a review once per month. I know many things people want to have seen as a review.... but I am not perfect, I would like your input.

What I want to know, is what exactly would you like to know about the following items when a review is done. I want to ensure I cover all basis, while still keeping the video short sweet and to the point. (5 min max unless it is a large item)

Grow Tent (Light Leak, reflection of light, exhaust/intake ports, quality as some examples)

Grow Light (HPS I am not familure with as much as LEDs, but watts used per hour, a good example of a 24hr light schedual with watts used during that time frame, so someone can accurately estimate their electric bill as one example)

Exhaust (Including fan, filter and all)

Hydroponic set ups (Brain bucket and all)

Nutrients

Soil/Soiless grow mediums

Smart Pots

Storage

Greenhouse

Are there items you would recommend to a business that they dont carry? (This is difficult without announcing the website... so you can actually see their line up)

This review tube will be all about gardening, and not limited to weed. Although it can easily be used for such.

The big kicker is I am able to keep the item, although I am going to be giving away alot of them to random users who sub and share. (Again sorry I cant announce it!)

I just want to ensure to that the grandmother that cant get out of her wheel chair to garden right up to a knowlagable GWE grower can buy these items with no issue and to rest assure that the quality is there for what you pay for it!

Thank all of you who participate in this post!
    Qwertywill

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

That’s fantastic Will wtg man! I will certainly take part where I can, I know the type of tent I bought has mixed reviews on Amazon but it was only 80 dollars so ya get what ya pay for, it is a good tent but does have some minor light leakage out, thankfully it’s in a dark place so no light gets in.
    it would be totally useless for Co2 enrichment obviously.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing more

Comment

Ill still post my reviews here if enough people want to see them! Minus the website, unless approved!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

I think you could do something like a bargain build where you check out the low cost / smaller systems and compare to the high end just to see what kind of difference that extra money really makes.

Drop testing, sad but it happens to almost everything.

Running temps on lights

How easy it is to clean up the equipment if it gets dirty.

Storage, put the tent up, see if it will ever go back in the box / bag it came in. Mine won't lol

Just a few off top of my head

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          I will go look later. I have a bad memory. But have lots of lights. I think over 4500 actual watts

• Qwertywill
          Qwertywill commented
          Editing a comment
          Right on! Let me know, ill see if they have the same brand and review it!

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Sent you a pm

I think u have the making of good idea, good luck

Comment

• Qwertywill
          Qwertywill commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

So good news, I can announce my youtube channel.

My channel is listed as "Honest Gardening Reviews"

It wont show up just yet, however I will try to slam out a video of simle pruning shears, I want to work out kinks prior to the bigger reviews. (Pending I can still buy them this time of year, if not I will order two pairs online) Is there any pairs that any of you would like to see?

It will be a durability test of them, along with a review. The second pair will be given away! (I will pay the shipping for this item).

The second review aimed for after is a review on a SunBlaster GROW LIGHT GARDEN ($199.95 cost).
        (Keeping this for a background item in videos)

Octobers will be on a 2x2 grow kit (complete)
        This will have a in depth review. THIS WILL BE GIVEN AWAY!!!

Future items will include:
        Grow lights (LEDs, MH, HPS etc), vegetable seeds, greenhouses, presses, soils, nutrients, custom wooden garden boxes (I would like a schematic that could be made!) Etc.

If you have any items you want reviewed let me know! Ill see what I can do. Very few things I will be keeping, unless it has something to do with my background setting I will not be keeping it!

This will be honest opinions, If its a good item, it will be praised that way, if its garbage it will be praised that way as well.

To let you know, I do not make money off this. I just want to inform people of options available!

Thank you for reading this, I would appreciate any support I can from any of you!

Added: So I have a carpenter that is currently working on a design for a nice (possibly oak) wooden box, he is thinking a flip open lid storage, with a small drawer in the bottom. It will have wood burned "HGR" on the top. He is good at what he does. But it will fit seeds, or whatever you choose to store in it. This will be an item given away as a promotion. I also have a small 2x2x3 grow tent that will be reviewed and given away as well. Great for the seedlings!

I will keep you all updated!
        Last edited by Qwertywill; 08-16-2018, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I am always a sceptic when I see reviews. It is generally known that folks providing the items, 'appreciate' good reviews. They do not 'appreciate' bad. or less than glowing reviews. Actually, many honest reviewers, trying to do a good job, have lost their sponsorship over bad reviews.
          How do you intend to handle the items you review, that are not up to par. Will you put out a bad review, or just find all the good things to say that you can? Or, perhaps not post a review for a questionable product? Just asking.
          completed 7 grows
          what I have learned so far:
          environment maters more than nutrients
          at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
          effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I used to be an online video reviewer for air rifle products, and was sent items to review such as top end air rifles from American air arms and Benjamin and Daystate. I got a rifle sent from Benjamin and it was awful, couldn’t keep a zero on scopes I fitted, barrel droop was incorrectable, I called them so they sent another for review and this one was even worse!, I refused to review the rifle and sent it back stating that the only review I could give wouldn’t be one that Benjamin would want to see. They cancelled my sponsorship immediately.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
              NAKEDGARDENER commented
              Editing a comment
              Cannabliss. Exactly my friend, and I stopped doing the reviews because the community of reviewers would kiss that companies ass and get a top end freebie like Benjamin .25 Marauder with all the air tank and even a compressor! Re keyed same rifle and said he’s for its money it’s a great rifle, one re iewer suggested shimming the scope to keep it on point lol amateurs

• Qwertywill
              Qwertywill commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats a load of shart! They want to sell crud when they could fix it and make a better product, one that people wouldnt return! I know I would return it if it wasnt working to what I expect!

• Cannabliss
              Cannabliss commented
              Editing a comment
              Amateurs indeed. I mean a weapon should be well-made. Whether you're shooting cans with a pellet gun or blowing up Mars lol.

I will strive to just be honest, I will give my personal opinion on said item, some I will purchase, some will be given to me. I will always find a nice way to give a negative review, however I will rate the items out of 10, if it deserves a 3/10 I will give constructive criticism of how I would improve said item.

I will always highlight the positive and negitive aspects.

I will always take the risk of losing a company to ensure the bad products are weined out, while highlighting the great products and will always leave room for opinions of others. Just because I lose a chance to review, dosnt mean I need to stop. I want to ensure quality for the money you pay for a product.

All companies should be striving on their end to provide the best quality items they can to buyers, or at least an extreamly good return policy as a worst case.

As is the company I am working with has amazing customer service thus far. Amazing return policy, and discreet shipping. (I received the item a few minutes ago)

I will not be selling out to a single company to just give them good reviews. I don't belive in that, its better a company will work with me to improve the selection they have!

So the answer is, yes I will put out a bad review if it deserves it. I will be more selective down the road in regards to items I feel would be better than others. However if I review an item I will post the video regardles of quality/effectiveness. But always with constructive criticism.

The "Honest" is there for a reason!
            I want people to respect me online, I want to ensure people get a proper review. I wouldnt want to buy a s**t item online after watching a review that highlights it. No one should!

I look at it like I start with nothing, but I can build trust.
            Last edited by Qwertywill; 08-16-2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Flockshot
              Flockshot commented
              Editing a comment
              I wish you the very best of luck.

• Californiakid
              Californiakid commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm with ya ! Best of luck. Don't trip on the negative comments, there will be a bunch, damn trolls.

• Qwertywill
              Qwertywill commented
              Editing a comment
              Absolutly there will be, if its something negitive about the product and I feel it is positive I will state my opinion and clearly state it.

If its just negitivity in general it wont get a response, why expend energy on someone trying to get a response?

Already for my first item, I am VERY please with it! I am not going into too much detail. There are 3 downfalls I have found with it but all very minor.

But thats the initial reaction from me, the real test will be if it grows anything! (Starting it today, and a month or two will be live with results!)

I am going to toss together a small video before I do this item, want to work out any issues I have prior to the big products, ill say when its uploaded. I would appreciate any positive feedback! (Ie lighting etc) So troll away!

My goal is a clean and professional review channel!

Qwertywill You're onto something interesting. As the old saying goes, "Honesty is the best policy". I respect a review that's honest, no matter how it may/may not hurt the feelings of the company or the trolls. I, as the buyer, want and need to know if this product that I'm about to purchase is worth the price and if it will do what they claim it does. For example, some meter companies claim their pH, EC/PPM, meters are water-proof. Perhaps a meter that's "accidentally" dropped in water and scooped up and tested can be on your list? Another comparison you can try is with a product that comes with special wipes that clean your shears and hands in between trimmings. You can compare those with just using old fashion alcohol? Things like that. But bottom line, be honest. As Californiakid has a pointed out, you're going to encounter plenty of trolls that'll hit a nerve or two. Stay the course.You're honesty will matter to the consumer much more than hurting someone's feelings lol. All luck to you my friend.
            Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
            White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Qwertywill
              Qwertywill commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, absolutly! If anyone recommends something on GWE i will review it at some point down the road! It will be well worth it. This company is allowing me my creative freedom with every review. So as much as i dont wanna do a drop test I will (Not every light, but some!) Worst case I know a few electricians that would probably fix it. Ill see if any meters are listed as water proof, and will gladly drop it in water, and leave it submerged for what do you figure is fair? 1-5minutes? You walk off to get some nutes and it falls it.

• Cannabliss
              Cannabliss commented
              Editing a comment
              As far as meters go, I had a cheap meter slip and fall into the reservoir no longer than 5 seconds or so. Water leaked in immediately and stopped working lol. Then again, it was a cheap brand, but lasted a few years until I dropped it. I think no more than 20 seconds seems fair. I would think the majority of those that drop them in the water reach in right away. I'll try to come up with reviews as you go along. Looks like something good may come out of this.

• Qwertywill
              Qwertywill commented
              Editing a comment
              True, most will be caught right away. I will gladly work with others to get more ideas, no way I can come up with eveything. Picked up some cheap shears today for a test run. Still giving a set away, going to destroy the other set. I know this one is a cheapy, but I want to get rid of most of the kinks! As i said before, lighting, layout etc. I am currently working on my background layout and whatnot! Its comming together!

Just so everyone knows,

First three giveaways are planned for the youtube channel promotions! There will be 4 videos out by the time the third giveaway will be given.

1) Pruners
            2) Bluelab ph waterproof pen ($129.95 CAD Value)
            3) 2x2x5 Grow Tent, including a viparspectra 300w LED, 4" activated carbon filter and vortex 220 cfm fan. ($574.99 CAD Value)

I do not support these items, I am solely doing reviews on these products to see how good or bad they are! I am reviewing all products I can get my hands on! Almost everything will be given away!

I will keep you updated,

YouTube Channel is "Honest Gardening Reviews". I plan on having the first out within the next month! (You may not be able to find it yet!)

Note: There will be some stipulations, as they are items to promote the channel, but you wont need to purchase the item outright! Great for beginers or experinced growers!

Thank you GWE, I will be doing a shout out to you within the first few videos!

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
              NAKEDGARDENER commented
              Editing a comment
              Really looking forward to subscribing to your channel my friend.

• Qwertywill
              Qwertywill commented
              Editing a comment
              If I get support thats all I ask! In the end I am looking for the best equipment quality for the cheapest price, allowing everyone to grow their veggie gardens! Along the way to give away stuff is like a dream hobby come true! Lol

• NAKEDGARDENER
              NAKEDGARDENER commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m sure the views will sky rocket

Still lots of work being done, trying to figure out if there is a way to link YouTube without a video being uploaded as of yet.

Here goes,
            This channel is dedicated to you all, my goal is to find the best quality products for your indoor/outdoor garden while trying to save you money! I will not be limiting myself to seeds, tools, tents, lights. So anything is fair game. I want everyone to enjoy the peace and relaxation of whatever gardening you choose to do. From amateur to expert gardener! I have been gardening for several years now, and I have found you need to research products before you buy. Some break on the first day, and others tend to just not operate as intended, and some burn your plants! This just won't do! With my reviews, I will save you personal time doing the research myself! Enjoy! Please contact me if you would like something reviewed!

Comment

subscribed..

Comment

So it worked ok? Perfect!

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
                NAKEDGARDENER commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeh people can see the name home page and subscribe, wtg mate!

• Cannabliss
                Cannabliss commented
                Editing a comment
                Subbed as well. Yea, looks good. Nice-looking heading too.

• Qwertywill
                Qwertywill commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you!

First draw is set up on facebook, (view my youtube discussion for the link) If you dont have fb, set one up. Dont say your from GWE! I want to keep this away from the youtube channel/fb! It will be a 23"x23"x35" tent (Perfect for veggies and flowers!). Draw TBD, but will be announced on the video uploaded reviewing the product.

Comment

• Qwertywill
                Qwertywill commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice, just under 2 months and I can smoke again! I cant wait to try it. Although I KNOW that i'll be such a light weight! lmao.

• NAKEDGARDENER
                NAKEDGARDENER commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol will, yeh you’ll take one puff and pow you’ll be spaced out and wondering what it was you were doing and how the hell ya got to where you are, hahaha

• Qwertywill
                Qwertywill commented
                Editing a comment
                It's not like 10 years ago prior to my career choice.... I smoked an oz a week. Near the end of my smoking days I got uber paranoid. But I think that's from when they decided to harvest the stuff.... lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X