Do you grow hydroponic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you grow hydroponic?

Hey everyone, I’m looking to gather some information from anybody that grows in hydroponics. I would like to hear from everyone with ANY experience. Do you use enzymes? What are you min and max reservoir temps? Have you had any root problems? Does your reservoir have any odour? I am in the process of testing a product to replace hygrozyme as it is way to expensive to use with 60L res changes once a week. The product is not something sold for horticultural purposes, but I am in week 3 using it with great results and the cost is a tiny fraction of the products sold for this use. Any info, help or questions are appreciated. I look forward to discussing 😁
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Not to sound rude but I would prefer first had experience people here. Even if your on your first grow just want to hear as much from first hand experience as possible. Not what a friend did or said, I find information degrades quickly through the translation of stories. Lol
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

I am moving into hydro after this current grow so this will be interesting for me to read up on later, GL

Comment

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, love the name! Well the switch to hydro was seemless and the best choice I’ve made in my garden. The growth rate is much faster and conditions seem to be so easy to maintain or fix in the event of a problem. I now use meters the monitor res temps,ppm and ph so as long as you take a look once a day and adjust accordingly problems are nil!

Yes all the meters are and have been on my amazon list for last three months now I also want a good par meter but even cheapest is around $400 I love hydro for all the reasons you point out above and was going to begin with it from the get go but financial issues forced me to go with soil first. As for the name lol my wife is to blame since she noticed I always tend to the garden fully nude lol

Comment

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha that’s one way to garden 😂 careful closing the zipper on the tent! Hahaha

As far as meters go, I have BlueLab guardian meters. They are expensive but the accuracy and ease of calibration make them well worth the money. If you watch them on Amazon they get reduced by 60% sometimes making the cost not far from the cheaper ones. A friend uses Trimeter brand but they are not very reliable in our experience. Just a tidbit of my thought on the topic. Also the meters I have you can purchase a connect stick which allows you to record and track all parameters on your pc wirelessly. I have not used this as the USB stick is a lot of money but I think I will in the future.

Originally posted by BlueBudz View Post
      Hey everyone, I’m looking to gather some information from anybody that grows in hydroponics. I would like to hear from everyone with ANY experience. Do you use enzymes? What are you min and max reservoir temps? Have you had any root problems? Does your reservoir have any odour? I am in the process of testing a product to replace hygrozyme as it is way to expensive to use with 60L res changes once a week. The product is not something sold for horticultural purposes, but I am in week 3 using it with great results and the cost is a tiny fraction of the products sold for this use. Any info, help or questions are appreciated. I look forward to discussing 😁

Welcome. BleuBudz
      I've grown in hydro for 3 years now, made plenty of mistakes and floods. Thankfully, my learning curve was steep and after experiencing most of the pitfalls it's not any hassle anymore. I run a 4 tote RDWC/UC setup as well as individual bubbler buckets for single plants. I originally used Hydroguard as a root innoculant but the last year I found the same microbe in Garden Friendly Fungicide by Southern Ag. I dilute it 20:1 with water and mix it just like the Hydroguard 2ml/gal. It's also great stuff for knocking down PM. I only grow my meds indoor over the winter because I don't have climate control(A/C) in my space so rez temps will stay in the 70's-I probably could get better results if I dropped the temps but my plants grow well enough.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Howdy BlueBudz, I have grown with hydroponics for three years now. I use two 10 gallon totes with six 3 3/4 inch net pots (I only put plants in five of the net pots, the other one is for nutrients, water, and ice bottles). I use the General Hydroponics line of MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom with Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, Armor Si, Diamond Nector, Flora Nector, all at the recommended (GH) levels and on the schedule that GH shows for recirculating DWC. I use the FloraShield for controlling the brown algae (at 2 ml per gallon) and I use the FloraKleen for the per harvest flush. I run a four outlet air pump with four 2" x 4" air stones for each reservoir and I use ice bottles (as needed) to keep the reservoir temperature between 62° and 70° F., and small oscillating fans running 24/7 to keep the air circulating. My lighting consists of four 55 watt CFL bulbs (two at 2700° K and two at 5000° K) for each reservoir.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Hey Budz, I grow hydro in a Roommate stealth box and a smaller closet box. I definitely battled root rot on my second grow; ended up installing chillers for both boxes, which keeps the res temp at 68-69 degrees. I use Great White Mycorrhizae and while it stains the roots, I have no problems anymore with root rot. Everyone has to figure out what they need for their specific grow environment, though...

Also, check out the Hydro topic:
          Thought I’d start a feed specifically for the hydro growers of the GWE family. If you’re growing in any type of Hydroponic medium, or are interested in
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Hi glad to see another friendly face! I personally followed all the tutorials on GWE for my RDWC setup, including GH trio and Hydrogaurd, it's all inexpensive, time proven, and provides great results. I've done hydro for two years now and I like to think of the KISS example, if it's not broke dont fix it right? Regardless I run a 4x4x8 tent, 6in exhaust, can fan max, 6in 100w cooltube my res has two large air stones w/ air pump, manifold, water pump, etc... as long as I use hydrogaurd I find res temperature to be no issue, I've had temps reach 87 degrees F and plants were absolutely thriving. All in all you're in the right place my friend, hope this helps, good luck and happy growing!!

p.s. they explode with growth in hydro, be prepared for the LST and training sessions of the year !
            Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X