Going on Vacation at Harvest time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going on Vacation at Harvest time.

Hey everyone, I have 3 plants growing, all NL autos, 2 of them will be ready for harvest just before we leave for Texas, the 3rd won't be done till 3rd week of Sept. or so. So I have a couple weeks before we leave Aug. 29th - Sept. 8th.

What I'm thinking of doing is chopping the first 2 on the 28th and hang them whole "but trimmed" in my closet with fan for air circulation until we return 11 days later. The average house temp and humidity are 72 DegF and 70% or so humidity. What do you guys think of that plan? Just a bit concerned because I won;t be here to check on them for mold and dryness and I don't have anyone to check on them.
    The 3rd plant will stay in the tent with my auto water system.

So what do you think? sound good? sound bad?
    Last edited by uncledoug; 08-13-2018, 06:32 AM.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

That’s a critical time. Can you reschedule your vacation? You should always include Murphy’s law into your calculations. Although temp and humidity are OK.

Comment

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Wish I could change vacation plans for a couple weeks but can't.

I had a similar experience what I came up with is this, empty cigar box’s ( cardboard ) placed buds and 6.2 humidity packs inside close the lids,use one playing card as a gap between lid and box, put in a cool dry place. Jared upon my return. OK 👍

Comment

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Potted. Thank you for the idea.

I would hang the entire plant- but not trimmed beyond large fans and 1/2 the buds leaves-

While you need fresh air circulation- make certain that the fan does not blow hard or directly on the hanging bud.

I have done this before while away for 12 days- my humidity is lower- so I did not trim the buds leaves at all- upon return I ran my hands along the buds and the dried leaves fell off.
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Weed Pharma, Thanks, Kinda how I was thinking, so I'll hang whole plant and trim like you suggested. I feel pretty good about doing it this way, Thanks again.

I had a simular situation a couple of grows ago. I wasn't gone as long as you are planning (one week) but I decided to harvest before leaving and let them dry while I was away. Worked out fine but in hindsight I wish I had waited to harvest when I returned. Are you trying to time your harvest on breeders estimated timeline? I have found that autos, like photos, take longer than breeders estimates. Good luck, it can drive you crazy, I know!!
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      PuravidaC, This is my second grow and I found out on the 1st grow about breeders timeline's.lol 1St grow took 15 1/2 weeks. this grow will be 15 weeks this coming Friday and I think it will take another 4 or 5 days after Friday. I'll flush after that until the day before we leave. Thanks for your help.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X