Safety when buying equipment.?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety when buying equipment.?.

Been lurking around here for a couple of years now, learning everything I could. Now just about ready to start buying my equipment. Not going big; just a couple plants at a time to grow my own medicine. My biggest hangup is what's the safest route to purchasing and shipping equipment. Have found almost everything on Amazon and well within budget. Just seems risky to me to buy it all from the same website and have it shipped to my address. Also, I'm really hung up about the seeds; where to buy and where to ship them. Can some of you please give advice on how to proceed?
    ​​​​​

Welcome to the new world bud. All my stuff, well most, was bought at Amazon. I always ask the sellers if they use discreet shipping. If they don't I go to the next one. Best place to buy seeds is nirvana.com . They are both knowledgable and discreet with their shipping. Their customer service is off the hook and you won't beat the prices. I know you said you had everything picked out, but you wanna share the size and how many your gonna grow? I have a indoor and outdoor going and it's not legal in my state either. There's a couple ppl I talk to on here that you can look up. One is oldjarhead100 and the other is Blazed227 . Super helpful guys. I'm new to indoor myself. I've always grown outdoor. Send me a message anytime and I can help if I can.
    T

Comment

Going with a 4'x2'x7' tent, growing in soil (3-5gal smart pot), 1-3 plants, using 1-2 600w white light (3500K) led panels on adjustable hangers, 4" fan/filter combo. Want to start with one photo plant to get my feet wet. Planning on using manifold technique and some LST to maximize yield (seems most straight forward method). Going to germinate with Rapids Rooters and transplant to soil. Plan is to veg until 18"-24" and make switch. Tent height should allow for a 2x stretch and still keep panel at least 18" above top. Haven't totally decided on strain yet but, looking for a mostly Sativa hybrid (energetic but not gittery), easy on beginners, good production, potent, can tolerate the manifold, low odor and flowers relatively quick (9-10 weeks flower). Chiefly decided to grow because I'm tired of all the meds and hassle that comes from dealing with the VA doctors and, all the danger and unreliability that comes from street vendors.

Comment

If anyone asks, your buying items for a winter indoor garden. Your addicted to tomatoes.

Amazon wont care, nor will the posties im sure. If its shipped in multiple boxes, is it any different than ordering from wayfare or Ikea online? As retodd said, ask for discreet.

I vouch for nirvana and seedsman, both have great customer service and good quality seeds!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

I have bought tons of Pot growing equipment and seeds through the internet. and only lost one shipment of seeds. That was from a seedbank I've never dealt with before. I will continue to buy through the WWW.

Comment

Most of my grow setup came from Amazon, I'm able to have stuff shipped to a pickup location that's on my way home from work (tent was shipped directly here as it would have been a royal pain to haul home). Amazon has an option for discreet packaging now I think. Soil and nutes I was just able to buy at a garden store--not cannabis-specific, but they worked until I found a local grow shop.
            ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Thinking back on it, based on the assortment of items I've purchased online, I am obviously building a WMD. Hold on, there's a knock at the door...
              WHAT???
              5x5 grow space
              900w of Vero's and F-strips
              4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Ok, sounds like I'm being too cautious. Just wanted to hear from some more seasoned folks here on site. I appreciate the assurance and will proceed as planned. Sure I'll have more questions as this continues. Peace to all.

Comment

Haha, I was recently going through my AMZ purchase history and thinking that I have to be on some watchlist someplace...
                  ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

Comment

Pretty sure I'm on a list now. Got my seeds jacked by customs twice, original seedsman order, and the free replacement.
                    Great company to do business with, the stealth shipping could be lot's better though. MSNL seeds I ordered once, were really great stealth, as I always hear Nirvana's is.
                    Organic Soil,
                    with molasses,
                    In a Greenhouse with,
                    Redneck engineering.

Comment

Best to use an alternate address, and a different name. Customs got me once, but i am not going to let it happen again.

Comment

No issues with my Seedsman order, but the stealth product probably raised an eyebrow somewhere.

Comment

• starramus
                          starramus commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Damn quit dancing around and tell us just what the hell it was. Was it a condom? If so I hope it wasn't lubricated!

• WeirdWiredWolf
                          WeirdWiredWolf commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nothing close to that weird...it was glasses wipes of all things (I did actually need some, so...). Some postal customs guy was probably thinking "Who the hell buys glasses wipes from the UK?"

• GreenhouseEffect
                          GreenhouseEffect commented
                          Editing a comment
                          A little dissapointed, not gonna lie. Sex toys were a lot funnier

To give you a idea how stealth nirvana is, I almost wrote them the first time thinking they didn't send them...lol. I got a perforated card and some rolling papers. Took me a 1/2 hr to find them in the middle of the card.....maybe I shoulda been smoke free

Comment

I don't like customs either, that's why I get mine from the USA.
                          3-4day shipping.
                          Cfls for a week or two
                          315lec for everything else
                          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                          36x36x63 inch tent.
                          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                          Smart pots
                          Molasses
                          Autoflowers

Comment

Soon I should be able to buy seeds locally...fingers crossed.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X