Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

atu grow 8: Afghan Kush (WoS), OGKush (RQS), NL (RQS), Tangerine Dream (BF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you post a pic of the underneath of your plants? Just kind of want to see what your base and branches look like. Thanks.
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

Juicyj89

On my previous grow, I trimmed them up too high and missed out on a larger harvest:

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	254038

On this grow, I trained the branches away from the middle, and I exposed the interior space to more light.

I did strategic defoliation following the tutorial much more carefully--mainly trimming that inner space, but always conscientious to expose bud sites to light.

After I switched to 12/12, a bunch of smaller colas sprung up and made it to the light, so consequently, I'ma have more cola tops in the light.

Finally, I didn't do what I did on the previous grow, so the colas go down lower.

Name:	
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	254039Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	254040Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	254041

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that looks good! So are you going to do any defol during flower or no?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I defoled slowly during 1st three weeks of 12/12, leaves kept coming back with a vengeance, so I kept defoling.

They have stopped growing fan leaves and I see the sugar spike leaves emerging. So I'm being more conservative about snipping. If I can tuck, I do.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        no shadows in there nice job I tend to get carried away with defoliating my self lol

Looking gorgeous! Textbook defol and you should see some nice results! They've grown so much since last pics. Kudos.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Euroaznscotty I'm really paying a lot more attention to more things, and re-reading the defol tutorial over and over until it sinks into my thick, old stoner head. Tryna keep learning; keeping the mind active (and vaping lots of home grown bud) prevents senility...

Wowza! Your girls are beautiful. I'm intrigued by the hydroponics, looking forward to seeing your results. 🙏Namaste
      "Not all that glitters is gold, not all that is sticky is tar." proverb ☮☮☮

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Namaste right back atchya, Glitter!! ;-}

Thanks sis for giving me the link, been reading through and I’m very impressed indeed and also a little jealous of your setup. Nice grow matey. Subbed.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        NAKEDGARDENER Jealous!!! How could you be? The box sets quite a limitation of how much I can grow...

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks very efficient, almost like a lab.

PaganRich I’m not saying that it was Aliens. But it was Aliens...

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        Such an awesome grow atu, well done matey.

Finishing out week 4 12/12: They grow up so fast.... Sigh....

This time of 12/12 has really flown by: I sorta can't believe it's been a month.

I'm continuing to measure a couple of colas: one Tangerine Dream cola stretched 1.5" and one Afghan Kush cola stretched 2". They still flexin...

One thing I did not achieve on this grow: a nice even mesa-like canopy... Funny how the NL (left rear) had one dominant cola pop up, OGK (right rear) had twins pop up taller than the rest.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.29 MB ID:	254836Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	254837

9fingerleafs There are a few 9-finger leaves on the AK and on the TD. This one is dedicated to you (from AK). It's the only leaf that went variegated.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.50 MB ID:	254838
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        Red, yes on both.

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        It's weird that it's always white widow. But not every white widow.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 If anyone around here grew outside this past summer, their crop was ruined by the 2 weeks of rain in July.

So that's not tmv?
      “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
      192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
      3 Gal Smart Pots
      FoxFarm Trio
      +Open Sesame
      +Cha-Chang
      +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
      192w t5
      Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
      FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
      FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        alltatup. No no slower growth, funnily I must have two seeds from same mother as two of em have it, and it’s more likely they are from same mother rather than same phenome.

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        As I stated earlier could very well be ph fluctuation. If you went from one water source to another which I saw you said in another post NAKEDGARDENER. And if you're using gh ph up and down I've seem some crazy things happen with that stuff in good soil with good buffers. Just a thought ✌.

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        Chefbjy no I don’t use the gl ph up/ down, just bicarbonate since it generally needs lifting rather than making it acidic but from time to time I did use small amounts of white distilled vinegar to lower ph. The bottled spring water that the plants only got most of their veg stage has a ph of 6.90. and I had never ph tested it during the first few weeks, then I switched to my well water which is tapped and that ph is just under 6.5. I tend to agree and suspect it is a ph fluctuation or since I know the seeds are from the same plant then it could be that they share this due to their genetics. So far though I haven’t noticed anything wrong with growth etc.

The biggest bud I've ever grown had the same type discoloration.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Redwasp Yeah, the albino buds: I wonder what they're like, powerful like the Winter brothers...

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol yeah. People always talk about bag appeal. I want to see a bag of albino. Would probably be really pretty.

• furrysparkle
        furrysparkle commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly I’m not sure if it would be easier or harder to work with an albino strain

alltatup Sorry about that. I doubt anyone remembers. I thought I had more pictures of the plant in that post "Holy ------- Cola. But here is the one I could find. It does not show the leaves very well. Sorry. But you can see it did not stunt its growth.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image_51856 (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	255309

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Californiakid What was that, a half-gallon beer they sold????? That's a lotta beer...

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        They used to have a beer called crazy horse in the 90s that came in a 64oz jug. That's what I thought about Californiakid 😉

• Californiakid
        Californiakid commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep I remember crazy horse as well. 👍 Old English #8 also had a 64. Seems like to sell malt liquor in the 90s you needed a jug.🤣

Yeah 64oz is a couple more ounces than a typical picher. Lol

Installed the T-5s today. This is the beginning of week 5 12/12, which is like week 4.5 flower. So we're peaking on nutes this week, and will slowly start lowering the dose.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	2.62 MB ID:	255723
      Last edited by alltatup; 10-06-2018, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I like it: it goes in after week three of flower.

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet. Might look into that myself. Nearly tried sidelighting until I learned it was pointless.

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah im skeptic too, i think if the underside of the leave could process light the same as the top the leaves wouldn't turn and twist to "face" the light. but ive never tried it either so i dont really know

Weekend update: Starting week 6 12/12

I flushed the girls for two days when I saw a tiny bit of nute burn on some tips. We are coasting downhill now, and I've begun lowering nutes. Buds are growing and filling in the internode spaces. Triches are smelling awesome; got the humidity set at 45-40%.

Name:	oct13.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	257844Click image for larger version

Name:	oct13 wk6.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	257847

Name:	IMG_2281.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	257845Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2282.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	257846Click image for larger version

Name:	Tangie wk6 oct13.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	257848

And here's the small grow box which is like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder how I keep from goin under... Everyone got way too tall for this stupid little box. The Blue OG in front is supposed to grow like an Indica. My foot, I had to supercrop it all over the place.

Name:	clost wk6.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	257849

Attached Files

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        its snowing on those buds (:

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful @alltatup...lonely bud shots!

• Euroaznscotty
        Euroaznscotty commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking like a jungle in there!

Very nice looking plants.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Redwasp tryna keep up with you!!!

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        You are doing a very great job. Keep doing what you are doing. Beautiful plants.

Looking good ATU yup that one is a wild child good luck with it lol, We were supposed to have a frost last night burr still have stuff in woods and yard but yard is covered . oh no its here
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I knowhow you feel. We are going low 50s at mifht this week. Yikes!!!

• SinsemillaScientist
        SinsemillaScientist commented
        Editing a comment
        We hit 34 here in missouri i was shell shocked lol

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        The low last night was 70, at my house, supposed to have first cool spell of the year, tonight.
        Mosquitoes will tote your ass, off down this way.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	260119Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.63 MB ID:	260120Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.59 MB ID:	260121Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.70 MB ID:	260122

PISTILS BEGINNING TO TURN COLOR, WK 7:

The girls are doing swimmingly (what an odd expression). I am fascinated by watching the pistils begin to turn and change color: I don't ever remember observing each stage so carefully; I guess I have enough stuff under control now that I have more time to focus on other things, like triche development and pistil transformation.

What an amazing, extraordinary plant she is, filling my house with perfume. No visitors (except my one vaping buddy) allowed. Excluding y'all, welcome any time...

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Heres a smile for you ATU it was 25 Sunday night yikes , those girls look amazing but when do your plants not look amazing ,even unexpected stuff looks great (Purple haze x Malawi ) which I just finished up thank you very much

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 Wowie, you still had some PHxM? Now that will keep you warm on a cold winter's night.

Temp's slowly inching its way down here: it was a chilly 41 yesterday morning. But days are in the 70s. Best time of year. Got my firewood all stacked.

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Very pretty lasses you`ve got there Atu. Been an excellent grow

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X