Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

atu grow 8: Afghan Kush (WoS), OGKush (RQS), NL (RQS), Tangerine Dream (BF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    9fingerleafs I'm with you

that is my understanding as well (phytochrome red) - I didnt remember the name

I hadn't heard/read about inducing/forcing flower with 24 hours of darkness before the flip - but it makes sense when we write it out.

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    so by giving the plant 24 hours of darkness right at the flip you make sure all pythochrome is in its far red form and the red form never reach high levels again.

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    its all about the pythochrome red and far red. its a molecule that changes from the far red to red when blue light hits it. red light does the oppossite but not as efficiently so at night when theres no light the molecule goes back from red to far red but it takes time. the balance between this two is one of the main flowering signals. too much red and it stays in veg, when you reduce the light schedule to 12/12 and change the light spectrum you force the plant to flowering by maintaining as much far red as possible.
    this is why some growers claim infra red light can help flowering and its used at the end of the light cycle to revert back to far red

if i got some of this wrong please say something im not an expert this is just my understanding of it (:

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    I suppose it definitely should trigger those hormones

Something to put on my 'try todo list' - thank you

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    LurkingInTheGrass I forget where I read about it, but I really think it makes a difference in my plants. It triggers the flowering hormone, I think.

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    Is that common? 24hrs dark before the flip?

• alltatup
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	247687

Pre-hurricane update:

The girls are growing like crazy !! This is week 1 of flower and the stretch is on. I believe they really love the 24 hours' darkness before the switch to 12/12.

Leave a comment:

• PaganRich
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup Very pretty lass that.

• Chefbjy
    commented on 's reply
    That's a crazy looking pic.

• alltatup
    replied
    Chefbjy Thank you for your kind words!!! I didn't fill that box: she did!!! That was grow # 3: I was still a total newbie. I should have researched more thoroughly how this strain--Purple Haze x Malawi--was gonna grow. But I didn't know to do that yet. AND I should have manifolded one plant to form a spoke of colas radiating out from one of my large box corners. But I didn't understand manifolding. I learned a lot, and I'd like to grow a Sativa again.

I've got some Dr. Grinspoon seeds that I'd like to grow: she went out of stock coupla years ago, and I'm lucky to have the seeds. Here's what she looks like: she has a 14-week flower period. The PH x M was 16 weeks in flower!!!!! But it was ok back then cuz I had a good supply of buds. Now I'm out of home grown, just waiting patiently for harvest in 8-9 weeks and a two month cure. So in only four months, I'll be vaping home grown again...

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	247027

Leave a comment:

• Chefbjy
    replied
    alltatup ma'am you have intrigued me in so many ways 😉. I love how you were filling up that box. I bet if you didn't have to decide and just grew that beast things would have gotten a little crowded lol. I have seen some crazy boxes just packed full of bud like a bail of hay. Microgrow in a computer tower or an empty tv set lmao. I have always wondered if I could do something like that. I think that grow would have surprised you if you didn't have to choose 😉.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I didn't think it was wide enough!! Put up a pic of the plant in the box on your Topic.

• Juicyj89
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah? Lol why?

• Redwasp
    commented on 's reply
    I cut them down but try to leave a few tiny leaves on the bottom stalks. I then just put them back under a 18/6 light schedule. I have even done it with a few that had no leaves left and it works. In most revegs the plants grow back far bushier than before. They dont need much training at all when raveged. It's called monster cropping. If you look up monster cropping on the gwe site you can get alot of information on it. If you have a photo plant that did well it is worth the time. They grow faster because the root system is already in place. I have had great success with it.

• Euroaznscotty
    commented on 's reply
    Redwasp

What is your process for letting them reveg?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X