Curing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curing question

On GWE site, Nebula says that if buds "clump" together in mason jars there is too much moisture. My buds are clumping together but I know it's not moisture, just the buds are too damn sticky ( yeah, yeah...). Should I be concerned about mold? Been shaking jars to separate buds and burping, but just curious...
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

I have the same problem. I use a long metal probe to break them apart when I burp them. Shaking is okay but you're breaking off trichs. You'll end up with a sparkly jar and resin stuck to the sides and bottom. I'm picking up some long tweezers soon 😉. Pencil or something to pry them apart will do but try not to shake em too much imo.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Very good tips. I learned the hard way not to shake jars when burping in earlier growths. I got exactly as you said; "sparkly jar and resin stuck to the sides and bottom" lol. Now I just roll the jar slowly while poking at those few that get stuck together with these thin round wooden craft sticks you get at the dollar store.
      Last edited by Cannabliss; 08-01-2018, 11:07 PM.

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know. I have always shook my jars in the past but using a long screwdriver to seperate buds this time.

Is hard to say. If you live where there is a lot of humidity, I would be more concerned about mold then where I live, where there is little RH. My weed is like yours. It's just so damn sticky.

Comment

Unless you have something to measure RH, I would definitly take them out and let sit on some cardboard to take away some moisture. They may be sticky, but I would rather smoke slightly drier herb than moldy herb. It would be a shame to have it mold at this stage!

You cant eyeball RH, dont take the chance!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

I think there's sticky and there's sticky: in the drying in jars phase, when I keep my eyes like a hawk on the humidity, my buds always stick together, and I also use a long probe to gently separate them. How can they not stick to each other??? I think of that as way different from moister plant matter, like when I first hang the colas to dry or lay them out and make sure they don't touch each other...

I've never had a problem with mold, although I live in a humid place; the big dehumidifier and all the hygrometers were good investments for me: I always know what the humidity is in my drying room, which is the most air-conditioned and hence dryest room in the house.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• PuravidaC
          PuravidaC commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't had a mold issue either but keep a close eye on jars the first week or so, then I start using humidity packs.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I put the Bovedas in as soon as the jars hit 62.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X