I have no idea what’s going on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea what’s going on...

I’ve had nothing but problems this grow and it’s driving me nuts!!! My pH is perfect, temps range 83-85, RH 32-40, I’m using KindSoil and FFOF on top of that. They were showing these exact signs as early as they could make leaves. I was told deficiency but with KindSoil you don’t add nutes I was desperate so I added organic nutes to them and it seemed to help for about two days. And they aren’t developing the burnt tips so I don’t see it being an excess of nutes.. What is the problem? I haven’t seen any bugs. Conditions seem perfect. At this point idk if I should just flush a ton to clean out the KindSoil even and just give them nutes from here on out or leave it alone or what. And on top of this I’m leaving for vacation on Friday for a week. Someone help me please.
    3rd Grow
    Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
    Tent- 4x4x6.5
    Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
    Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
    Pots- 3gal fabric
    Nutrients- None

Also the small one isn’t stunted, it’s about 2 weeks behind the others. And these are all Autoflowers. So they are already beginning to flower. They’re about 30 days old except for 2 of them that are about a week to two weeks old
    3rd Grow
    Tent- 4x4x6.5
    Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
    Pots- 3gal fabric
    Nutrients- None

Comment

• Greymowser
      Greymowser commented
      Editing a comment
      I was having the same trouble with my white widows (femed) I did the exact grow last year and had minimal problems. but this year I've had nothing but trouble. I flushed with regular tap water and the seemed to snap out of it. Here is what I posted a couple weeks ago. maybe this will help. Good luck... https://forum.growweedeasy.com/searc...2soil%22%5D%7D. If that don't get you there use the search box for Greymowser, Panic mode. Let me know how things go. Peace..

This is what they looked like 2 weeks ago after flushing. they came back pretty good for me.

Comment

Tobacco mosaico virus? But wait experts . Hope that a nutrient issue.
      Last edited by Roob; 08-01-2018, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t think it’s tmv I have a plant with tmv and it looks much different imho I can post photos if you like .

Kind of hard to say with that yellow light but I'm leaning towards a mag issue. You shouldn't use bottled nutes with kind soil...it kills the microbes. I think Californiakid would agree.

Ffof has a tendency to lose it's buffer over time and has a high salinty out of the bag. My guess is ph was off but when you tried to correct it with nutes the microbes are dying off. You should probably continue a with bottled nutes now...but never used kind soil. Maybe D.A.A.S.69 can help too he's grown with kind soil.

Have you been watering to run off? You don't have to with kind soil and shouldn't. It leeches out all the goodies. If not and adding nutes I would suggest you start. Bottled stuff will build up salts that can cause all sorts of problems in soil if you don't water to run off.

Kind soil specifically says not to use bottled nutes on their site. With that being said I think you should start it on some calmag. Ph water going in and coming out. The ec/ppm will be off because of the organics in the kind soil. Ffof has caused many of a calmag issue in my experiences using it and wouldn't be surprised if that's the case here. Hope you get a good answer from some kind soil growers but that's the best I can ascertain.
      Last edited by Chefbjy; 08-01-2018, 03:13 AM. Reason: Tag
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Not watering to runoff, but with all these issues I almost feel like I should and just neutralize the KindSoil so I can start feeding with nutes.

Ans yes I did know you aren’t supposed to add nutes to KindSoil, I didn’t add enough to where it got in the KindSoil but stayed in the top layer of FFOF. That might not make a difference but it made me feel better about adding them.

So what’s my course of action??
        flush real good and start them off with cal/mag no other nutes? Or should I give them some bloom nutes after the flush?
        3rd Grow
        Tent- 4x4x6.5
        Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
        Pots- 3gal fabric
        Nutrients- None

Comment

What is your ph going in? I use roots organic over kind soil, I'm not familiar with ffof. But Chefbjy is right about the microbes. I would brew some tea to get those microbes back in the game.

If its was like this from the beginning maybe its your water. Tap, ro, charcoal filtered? What kind of water do you use? I use brita filtered tap water. Had problems with ro water in the past. Keep after it we'll help you figure it out !

My opinion, don't flush.
          Last edited by Californiakid; 08-01-2018, 06:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
          "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Kpenn I`m subbed because I have had the same issue with my last two grows and haven't gotten a good grasp on WTF is going on either! My last two grows were autos so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Many on here love them but I'm going back to photos, never had any issues with my photo grows. Most information I got was cal-mag or phosphorus deficiencies. I gave them plenty of cal-mag from the start and used FF Tiger Bloom which has plenty of everything. Maybe mine was lock-out, I flushed but it was too late in flower to see much of a difference. Maybe the Marijuana Gods were just fucking with me??? Let us know if it spreads. I don't mean to alarm you but mine did...Good luck finding the answer! Enquiring minds want to know!!! 🤔🤓😤
            DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
            315 LEC
            6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

They were doing good, just watered them and fed with General Organics bloom, bio bud, calmag, and bio marine at 3/4 strength. This is what they look like 2 days later
              3rd Grow
              Tent- 4x4x6.5
              Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
              Pots- 3gal fabric
              Nutrients- None

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                With KindSoil, you should be using teas, or just topdress, with more Kindsoil, at least that's what I do.
                I do use Recharge with KindSoil, And I have used cal-Mag several times when I used Led lights, never had any problems.
                But I wouldn't advise using cal-Mag very often when using KindSoil.

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm leaning towards a p deficiency...have you phd yet? I have almost the same splotches showing up and it's not on lower growth... Now would be good to check ph with a little run off. You're going to want to know if it's lock out. I've used ffof for the majority of my grows and I will only say that there's multiple issues I've ran into with it. I'm thinking over fertilization and lock out try watering to run off and checking ph. I believe it can resolve itself if you know what direction your ph is going.

• NAKEDGARDENER
                NAKEDGARDENER commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s odd that some have multiple issue with ffof soils, I use it and it’s perfect for me no issues at all, ph is perfect and never had any ph fluctuations nor lock outs or deficiencies Must be my well water I guess which is 25 ppm and ph at 5.75 I was thinking of using kindsoil in my next grow but now am shying away from that idea. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. This is true for me. GL

D.A.A.S.69 i flushed the kind soil a while back I used about 3 gal of water for each 3gal pot. And since then I’ve been watering to runoff just like you would with regular soil. But this is the same problem I’ve been having since they’ve had they first set of leaves, that’s why I went ahead and flushed. I’d figure by now the microbes are gone wouldn’t you? I could be totally wrong

Ive ran autos in KindSoil before and literally never had a single problem, I don’t know why they were having problems straight from the beginning.
              3rd Grow
              Tent- 4x4x6.5
              Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
              Pots- 3gal fabric
              Nutrients- None

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Kpenn, I'm no scientist, but I don't think you can flush, KindSoil of all its good stuff, I do know that if you dont have enough KindSoil in your pots ,to start with, you will run into deficiency at the end of the grow, unles you use teas or either topdress with more Kindsoil. .
                I also don't think that you can kill all the microbes and bacterial in your soil by using chemical nutrients, at least not very quickly, if at all, there is literally billions of them. I think your soil is overloaded.
                I remember you growing some fine plants last year with KindSoil, with no problems.
                I always throw a handful or two of KindSoil in my pots, every 3-4waterings, just to be safe, and you can tell by topdressing, with KindSoil, cause you will get tip burn, if your soil still has plenty of good stuff in it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X