Afghan Skunk Auto Harvest ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afghan Skunk Auto Harvest ?

hi guys and girls, this is an auto ive had outside during the day and inside in my tent at night, 24/0 light schedule from seed. She is about 67 days old and looking like she is about ready to harvest. Back in the day, i would have already harvested her a week ago, but after 10 years of growing, ive learned to wait till she is absolutely ready and crying to be cut down. She still has some white hairs and the trechs have no amber in them. I've been flushing (feeding) just PH water for the last 10days and the PPM coming out in the run off is down to 175. So its pretty much cleaned out. Now im just waiting for her to go all out in a last ditch effort to plump up before i harvest her.
    One thing that surprised me is the color she has taken on in the last week or so.
    here she is last week (7 days ago).and today. Big difference.

UP DATE. Im wondering if anyone has let their plants go this far till all the leaves are yellow and the trachs are cloudy, and let it go a little further? I dont know if she will get any fuller if i let her go another week or is she at the biggest she will be ??
    Last edited by Gordo41; 12-05-2016, 10:09 PM.
    A man believes what a man desires to be true.

Beautiful plants! Fantastic work.
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Really nice!

Comment

So pretty! Love the red cabbage look!

Comment

Thanks. Red, white, blue and green,, just right for the season.

Comment

Damn Gordi, you stay gone for a while then BANG you show up with this awesome show. Beautiful plants my friend. Next time dangle a carrot before our noses before you surprise us like that.

Comment

• Gordo41
              Gordo41 commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol, hahaha. She has been around for the last 68 days but I didn't think to show he off as she was just your typical auto plant but its only in the last week or so that she has come out with all the colours and started looking like something from a seed catalogue. She's actually the first plant i have let go that long before harves.

Gorgeous Gordo! Did you top her, train her to get that beautiful shape? If so, more proof that autos can take it better than originally thought.

Comment

• Gordo41
              Gordo41 commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually I didn't do any training or even top her. She is just a natural beauty. I too am amazed by her shape.
              She is looking pretty dank. And i think she might produce 3 oz when its all said a nd done. I usually think 1 or 2 oz from an auto,, especially for 68 days from seed. (Sprout) is a good haul. Im hoping to get 8-10 oz off the MLs.

Beautiful Gordo, and especially the colors! Enjoy the harvest! 🙌
            Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
            Recent grows...
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

Excellent as usual Gordon. They look great.

Comment

Thanks to all.
                Attitude seed bank just asked me if they could use the photos of her for their social media. I had sent it to them just to show them how nice it came out and they want to use it. How cool is that.

Comment

Nice Gordo! Let us know when it goes up on attitude!

Comment

• Gordo41
                    Gordo41 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah im going to ask them to send me a link.

Originally posted by Gordo41 View Post

UP DATE. Im wondering if anyone has let their plants go this far till all the leaves are yellow and the trachs are cloudy, and let it go a little further? I dont know if she will get any fuller if i let her go another week or is she at the biggest she will be ??
                  The concern I would have would be the degradation of the thc. As the cloudy heads oxidize, they turn amber and the result is CBN which will make you sleepy/sedated. This will also reduce your potency.

She already looks done to me in that closeup shot.

Comment

• Gordo41
                    Gordo41 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I thought the same thing but right now im feeding her molasses and water for a few days to see if she wants to fatten up a little more. I use to do this with all my plants but got out of the habit until now. At any rate, i will harvest her this weekend.
                    Thank you for your input.

• Sonnyhad
                    Sonnyhad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The Afghan plant I harvested last month had just about lost all the leaves before I saw any Amber and chopped it down. I don't care if it gets to 10%or anything, I just want to see a couple, then I know I've gone as long as I dare!

Originally posted by Gordo41 View Post
                  Thanks to all.
                  Attitude seed bank just asked me if they could use the photos of her for their social media. I had sent it to them just to show them how nice it came out and they want to use it. How cool is that.
                  Totally awesome!! She sure is a beautiful specimen. I guess the only thing about letting her go longer is if you don't want amber trichs, better take her down soon.

Comment

• insomniaczzz
                    insomniaczzz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oops, didn't see Nugs comment when I posted this.

Have you asked Greens opinion yet?

Comment

• insomniaczzz
                    insomniaczzz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Didn't recognize you.....new avatar. Is that one of your current buds? Looks mighty nice.

• Gordo41
                    Gordo41 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well Green, what do you think?
                    Yes this is a current grow. She is about 75+ days old righ now.

Here is a photo of a Panama allowed to go yellow leaf. Some yellow leaf start to dry. Still no amber trichs. Harvest 10 days later.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X