No announcement yet.

Four ladies...315 LEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green75 One of my plants were acting strange with its growth and when I went to take a clone, saw something that reminded me of a response you once left about one of your plants. When I cut the branch, notice it was hollow unlike other cuttings in the past. After seeing this, on several cuts, decided to strip the entire plant for other use and scrapped it but was wondering what would cause a plant to be hollow in its branches?

Comment

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      I've also had hollow stems with certain strains. I grew a Blue Widow that had the biggest roots ever and it was just stocky with thick stems that were impossible to bend. When I topped it there was a big hole going down the middle of it's main stem. The hole naturally closed itself within a few hours. I've also seen holes in the middle of stems at harvest

• intergalactic_harvester
      intergalactic_harvester commented
      Editing a comment
      hollow stems on my kosher tangie too. the 2 fastest anyway. the 2 that arent growing as fast are solid.

• Lord-Xanthor
      Lord-Xanthor commented
      Editing a comment
      This was the mother plant, straight from seed in December. Another plant that had died two month prior, had similar in all branches except the main stem and that plant only died after I took cuttings to try cloneing it as it was showing sickness. The clones are actually alive. Mother plant dead. I'm checking when I get home on what type it is.

From what I have noticed...

1.. Hollow stems in old mom plants..usually caused because they get treated like house plants eventually ...getting fed every so often..not letting plant store food so it eats itself trying to get after stored vitamins...can give hollow stems to clones..
    2.. Hollow stems in plants at harvest time..means you have cut back on nutrients and the plant is eating itself from inside out..using all stored vitamins
    3.. Hollow stems in plants that are under fed are just simply hungry...plants store food/sugar...if it's not on a constant supply it won't store it up it will just eat as it's given and eat itself from inside out trying to get more stored up food...hence hollowed out stem and stalks..

Some strains want more than others... That's why I always suggest feeding at full strength so you can tell right off what plant or strain needs more or less...
    If you always feed at half dose ....that's crazy to me.. How will you know if they can handle more... So what if you nute burn them a little... It's not the end of the world..

A... Give them all the light you can afford
    B... Give them all the nutrients they can handle
    C...strip the built up salt content out of medium very occasionally
    D...have fun

This is How I've always looked at it in my head of thoughts...seems to ring true

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
      intergalactic_harvester commented
      Editing a comment
      well then, another reason buying my nutes bulk might not be such a bad idea. these indicas/ hybrids im feeding are bottomless. both grows, lol. good shit green.

• Lord-Xanthor
      Lord-Xanthor commented
      Editing a comment
      Never got a chance to thank you for the information Green75. I used to water my plants on a daily basis and feed them once a week but after I was told it was too much, and switched to every three days, that's when a lot of these issues came up so back to watering almost daily and I am going to let my remaining plants go to flower then finish them off and start from fresh. I dumped the recent clones. Rather start over with those as well.

Agreed, i never half did anything else in life, why half feed my plants lol. It just never logically made sense to me so i never did it.
    Perpetual setup!

Comment

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Right on brotha

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X