To flush or not to flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To flush or not to flush

Found an intresting article from 2016. Thought I'd share since there might be others planning on a flush soon. It would be intresting to do this experiment.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Very good, i had seen a similar article before touching the same topic. But this was very good. The science fits with my own understanding and believe it to be true. Thanks.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

This is the 3rd time I have read this article, and I feel that they make very good points. My favorite quote in this is:

"The levels of nutrients concentrated in plant tissue are up to 1,000 times more concentrated than those nutrients in the root zone. One-hundred ppm nitrogen solutions produce plants whose leaves can contain upwards of 10,000 ppm of nitrogen. Since we have established that none of those 10,000 ppm are going anywhere but within the plant, we are looking for explanation of how that concentration is being reduced by a flush to the extent it can affect flavor. We haven’t found it yet."

That one was a real eye opener the first read through. If there is that many ppms in the plant, it's not leaving through the flushing process.

I didn't flush my amnesia XXL. It didn't taste the best when it was first dry, but it could be just the taste that partuparti strain has. It's tasting better now, and that is probably attributed to the curing.

​​​​​​I like this article for the fact that it goes against the grain of what most growers hold to be true. I will be running 2 strains next grow, 2 plants of each. I will try the flush and not flush method on each strain and see if there is a difference. Check back in November!
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Doubledealing72, that was good what you wrote,
        On your test comparison, I bet you want be able to tell much difference at all, I'm saying I bet you want be able to tell any difference, I've tried flushing, and we can't tell any difference at all, it taste just the same.
        But our taste buds might be burnt out, for all I know, lol.
        Everyone has got their on opinions on flushing, just like they do about defoliating. An several other things.
        Have a great day Mcubed476.

Flushing is an "at least I did something" internet wisdom phenomenum- in soil grows anyways (I don't do DWC etc.)

During the grow, I give plants water only when they appear too dark. (until the color lightens up)

I may give plain water for the last feeding, as I'm uncertain the nutrients 2-3 days before harvest makes any difference.

It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

I have flushed and I have not flushed. Flushing is better.

Did I sacrifice a few grams to make my smoke better? I don't care, because I made my smoke better.

I am not a drug dealer, legal or illegal, so this is not a 'for profit' endeavor for me. I want the best quality I can grow, and yes, I can grow better than I can buy, and yes flushed pot tastes better then not flushed pot.

So make all the arguments you want to about not flushing, using non-scientific tests, and disregarding the importance of flavor and harshness, but it will take more than the information in this article to get experienced growers to abandon the flush.
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm glad it worked for you, I know others that flush to, But we have been growing for quite a few years now, mostly in soil, but my family and friends alike. Can't tell any difference, but like I said our taste buds might be burnt out. Plus the last week or so of watering, all we use is water, no nutrients.
          And our buds taste just fine. I'm not claiming what we grow is better than what you can buy at dispensaries, we don't have any close by ,we live way down South, where it's illegal,
          But it's pretty dad gum good smoke ,

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          That is all that matters. If you have good smoke, you have a good method.

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah with the no till or super soil there's no need to flush and you can re-use it recharge it with microbes and beneficials. 😉 I've flushed and not flushed but never made a comparison. I know it's up to the grower so to each thier own. I would still like to try a side by side but I'm going organic and won't have to flush my next couple crops. The connoisseurs will determine if I continue growing that way 😆.

We’re all surching for that magical mix that will take our grows to the next level, I know my own skills have improved greatly and will continue to do so,learning new and different hopefully better ways to grow😁

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X