auto flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto flowering

is there a basic light cycle for auto flowers, 24/0, 20/4, 18/6. or something different? just got three to sprout. supposed time frame on all three are 7-8 week flowering time

On the autos I've run I used a 21/4 cycle. Some folks run 24/0 cycles with success but I feel the plant benefits from a few hours of sleep daily.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Yeah. give it at least 4 hours of darkness.
      My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
      My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
      My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
      My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

I live at 42 degrees north, so for me it depends on the time of year. In the winter time I run a T5 24 hours through veg. At this stage, it is the heat that is more important to me than the light. Then when they are adults (and tougher) I generally go to 18/6 for the flowering.

I am of the belief that any extra benefit you can receive from 24 hours light, is offset by additional electricity costs.

The good news is, that there is no wrong way.
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I used 24/7 when I did my autos ,this time I will be doing 20/4 ,the most important thing with Autos is that the ambient elements have to be perfect out of the gate, anything that can slow them down will
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I still think that once they pop and start to break soil that a CHEAP 50W LED on them 24\7 until you are ready to transplant them to their final home helps them. I do not think they need fancy lights to get them going for at least the first 20 to 30 days of their life. They definitely like warmth during that time as well..I wrap a bath towel around that disk light and keep them warm, and if I remember to or am able to I set them outside in the sunlight too. (90 plus degree days with high humidity here right now)
            Last edited by Pyro1711; 07-13-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• marpolo
              marpolo commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah man, I'm in Louisiana. It's bad here too. Temps in mid to upper 90's, humidity, like 200 %, ugh!

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              marpolo, I live in Ms. Right above you, hottest and most humid place I ever been is SouthLouisiana, worked in the oilfields over 40years. Damn, it's humid down there, I don't see how anyone, grows outdoors, down there, mold would be a killer, unless you grew in the winter,

Sounds perfect for Vegging autos lol

Comment

thanks everyone,going to try 20/4 and see how that works out..

Comment

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm glad you asked. I'm going to do autos starting end of the month. Blazed has been talking me through it too. I love his WW.

This is the light I start everything with... EMASUN 50W 250LED FULL SPECTRUM BLUE/RED/IR/UV GROW LIGHT. Bought off Amazon for $21. I think this cheap little light gets stuff going good...without running my 350 24/7 at first. I talk about this light all the time for starting autos

Comment

buying one now, thanks!

Comment

• Pyro1711
                  Pyro1711 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  marpolo. I wrap a bath towel around it, hold it on with 2 chip clips..I really think you'll like this light when you use it to get the plants started! I keep it about 10 inches off the plants.

• Pyro1711
                  Pyro1711 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  marpolo. You get your light yet????

have it coming Sunday, thanks for the info!!!! You wrap the bath towel around the rim of light? about how long do you keep under that light ?

Comment

• Pyro1711
                  Pyro1711 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  marpolo. I leave that light on 24 hours, the bath towel wrapped around it acts as a tent plus kinda adds a little warmth in their, plus hides the light..lol. I know it sounds redneck, but I have used a cheap Wally world windshield reflector too, but weed kitty destroyed it... I start my plants in little 6 inch pots that I got at the dollar store and they are like the ones you buy veggie plants in, real flimsy, but makes getting them out for final transplant really simple. I get 2 plants under that light, and keep them under it until they are ready to go into their final pot. Hope that helps...feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Marpolo I also have a heating pad under them as seedlings during winter I will use it for the grow but if you get every other thing right they should take off and never look back
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X