Potassium Deficiency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potassium Deficiency

911!!! I think I might have a case of Potassium Deficiency I looked up system and I'm pretty sure I'm reading what to do any other suggestions

Now to find out why.
    They look green and healthy otherwise.
    Perhaps the K is in the mix and the plant can't take it up. Number one suspect is always PH.

P.S. No matter what you do, that leaf will continue to get worse and finally fall off or get taken off.
    Last edited by Flockshot; 07-08-2018, 08:00 PM. Reason: add information
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

So your saying no matter what I do from here on there gonna fall off I thought I was trying to avoid that

Comment

Did you just transplant this plant?
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

It's been 6 days since I did it I was waiting for it too die honestly lol I didn't think it would survive but before I transplanted it was getting nute burn from the MG soil

Comment

I read the system checker and it told me to pick the spotted leaves so it didn't spread is that correct Mr.furley

Comment

It's not a disease, it's a deficiency. The plant needs more potassium than it is getting, and that is all that is wrong.
              The issue is, that just because it is not up taking enough K. Could be that it needs more feed, or could be that there is enough in the root zone now and the plant can't process it.
              Make sure your PH is right and go from there.
              completed 7 grows
              what I have learned so far:
              environment maters more than nutrients
              at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
              effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Thank you Flockshot

Comment

• Flockshot
                  Flockshot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  how is it looking today?
                  K is a mobile element. When the plant runs short of K it will take whatever the older, lower leaves have and move it up for the newer growth. So, in order to understand if the problem is solved or not, we are looking to see if the older, lower leaves, that were not affected before, are still healthy.
                  Basically, all we need to do is help in stop getting worse, and we will have won.
                  Last edited by Flockshot; 07-10-2018, 11:51 AM. Reason: add information

Could also be a lock-out be sure you have all your facts straight before your final diagnosis could mess up the plant even worse ..how much water did you give the plant? Was the water phd? Was it enough water was it to little ..did you give nutes was it the proper frequency does your soil have proper drainage ..was the soil you transplanted into the same soil does the soil have nutes are you adding nutes ..could be a combo of issues including nitrogen cal-mag and phos.i don't know why they call it miracle grow ..

Comment

• Tdh101jr
                  Tdh101jr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey now dont knock the MG lol i used it my 2nd grow with ok results ordering the gh trio now and graduated to coco this time. Greengringo is correct though you could be over dueing the nuits causing lockout which will req you to flush the soil out and try lower dose of what your using or could simply be a ph swing so k cant be took up the roots but dont stress to much like other guy said its a mobile nuit you cant reverse that leaf to green and vibrant but you can prevent more from turning like it did. Gl hope got it under control.

Here she is 2 days later Flockshot and at Greengringo that's alot of good reason I need to get my water right I believe it was lack of magnesium I saw a video same symptoms the bottom leaves were getting yellow spot and those brown burnt spots someone else said lack of potassium.... but it's hard when you cant afford top dollar material it I'm trying to work with what I have and can afford but if I'm going to do this I have to do it right but I'm trying I'm googling youtubing reading ( MARIJUANA talk is hard lol ) I come here and ask not all the answers are the same and I'm new so I donno what to do lol ahhhh!!!!!

Comment

• Tdh101jr
                  Tdh101jr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Best knowledge youll find on the web is on this site rollitup site and some youtube videos and lots of reading check out jorge cervantes great grower youtube check out gettogrowshow and grateful grower all great info from setups with a budget to everything you need to know about growing. It takes time man i didnt know jack last year now i got 2 grows complete and did on budget while investing 20$ here and there now everything is running smooth. Time and patience youll learn its a big factor in growing cannabis!

My set up isn't the best but I think did a good job lol the inside is foil like so it reflects good it's not a tent but hey gotta give me credit it's gotten me this far just needs some maintenance.... to the plant it self

Comment

• LosTweed
                  LosTweed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Setup looks perfect. The pot is lacking. No airflow to the soil. Get a fabric pot. Mine is made of rcycled bottles.

• Tdh101jr
                  Tdh101jr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Whats the 5gal bucket inside of a 55gal drum cut out?

Never heard of it but ill look it up now

Comment

“Patience is a virgin, but her sister Constance, now she's a [whore]” ....Canuck147

“Never give up”.....buffalobuds

Comment

Thank you I'm on it my question is how do I get the ph levels right they have stuff for that it's crazy I work with pool chemicals so PH up and PH down so much you need for a plant just like a pool lol

Comment

• LosTweed
                      LosTweed commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yup, just lke a pool. Balance the ph before you add it to the plant. I have not done that because i am experimenting if i can do a whole grow without messing with it. So far its working.

Am I able to use Swimming pool Ph balance for my plant ph I googled it and someone said yes works just fine and cheaper since it's not attached to growing .... TRUE OR FALSE

Comment

• LosTweed
                      LosTweed commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Tis true

• LosTweed
                      LosTweed commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Its an acid base thing, adding or removing hydrogen ions. If the shit you add has a buffer in it, thats not good

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X