Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You tell me what you think

Comment

That is a PH up. I would use baking soda before I would use something not intended for food (or smoke). The labeling that says" Keep out of reach of children" tells me all I need to know, to set this one aside.
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I would suggest that in the USA, being an increasingly litigious society, very nearly EVERYTHING will have a warning about kids. While I agree that plant-specific products are available & preferable, I'm not sure a "child warning" (or the absence of one) would be my sole criterion as to wheter or not to use it. I don't see anything wrong with using other products after a thorough reading of ingredients. I'm growing on the very strictest of budgets & improvisation is the key to it.
        If the sun always shone
        How soon the tree would wither
        -- Confucius

Comment

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          You suggest that it is safe to use?

I tried to give a short answer, only to be challenged by someone who believes safety labeling is only there to please the lawyers.

So if you want to ignore the safety warnings on everything because you think they are just put on there by lawyers, consider that they will not even allow this stuff to be put in the mail.

Warnings:
        California Proposition 65 Warning: WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Cannot return by mail
        Due to federal restrictions, this item cannot be returned by mail.

So if you choose to smoke this stuff because someone tells you that the safety labels are just for litigation purposes, you may want to check the science yourself.

completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Californiakid
          Californiakid commented
          Editing a comment
          Base materials are dangerous for the fact that small amounts of water with large quantities of base can generate lots of heat. Or react violently. Which are dangerous in an accident that emergency crews would normally flood with water.

This product has the warning it does, because its an extreme base. Its 99% sodium carbonate. Very similar to baking soda(sodium bicarbonate ). Would I use it? Probably not.

Something as seemingly safe as hydrogen peroxide from the pharmacy vs. food grade hydrogen peroxide, has drastically different results when consumed. Because of the process of production one is safe, where the other is toxic. Just one example of something that seems safe but can harm even though they are almost the same.

I urge everyone to know what you are using and if it was produced in a way that is safe to consume. Something safe to spray on fruits and vegetables, which maybe washed off of the skin, likely isn't safe for bud. Especially bud that is consumed by combustion.
        "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

I agree I was just asking because a post online said it was ok to use pool ph up and down for plants . I read today vinegar and lemon can bring down

Comment

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't knock anyone for using what they must. I just suggest knowing the risks is all. That pool stuff is probably ok. But I grow for myself to have the cleanest possible bud.

• Flockshot
            Flockshot commented
            Editing a comment
            Never go by a forum post for anything important. This is where you get "opinions", not always facts to bet your health on.

What do you use ? Californiakid

Comment

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            I like Earth Juice products.

• Flockshot
            Flockshot commented
            Editing a comment
            I use Earth Juice for organic, and General Hydroponics PH Down for non-organic

Californiakid one more question how many times a week should I be watering my plants I heard 2twice I heard until the soil is dry and the plant asks for it

Comment

• Flockshot
            Flockshot commented
            Editing a comment
            Weigh you pot when it is bone dry.
            Weigh it again when it is full of water.
            Half way in between those two numbers is when you should water.
            You will quickly get used to the weight and no longer need to weigh. This will be what people refer to as 'light;.

PS For me in 5 gal coco, I am averaging every 4th day at week 5 of flower
            Last edited by Flockshot; 07-12-2018, 05:26 PM. Reason: add information

Ok I need to get me a scale thank you but what's to much water or to less I dont wanna over water not underwater I mean like how much ( ounces gallons ) so If I let it dry out and start to give water how much I do understand the weighing part but how much lol

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey 85, Next time you water. Make sure 10-15percent of what you just put in the pots, comes out the bottom of your pot.

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            It should be about 1.25gal of water To get 10 to 15% run off like Daaz69 says if you have completely dry soil.

Ok ok I've never done that I figured that was tooo much but that's what yall mean when you say the RUNOFF ??

Comment

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes what Daas said.

Thank you guys very much now I know. I didnt know that so here she is now so far I dont see the nute burn spreading I did give cal mag and the earth juice food and so far she looks nice

Comment

Hi Xquisit85,
            She seems to be doin pretty good now, and sounds like yer gettin some good help!

One thing you can do if ya want with those 5 gallon Buckets, if you don't really have a lot of dough for new stuff, is just drill a crap ton of holes in em. You do have to have a drill and bit for that, but it does work pretty good, and I've done fine with it before. The fabric pots, like somebody said, are really awesome though, Cannabis craves oxygen for it's roots, and growing in Coco Coir, like it looks you are, really works good with all that aeration. Drilling holes in a pot with pot in it, is pretty sketch though. I do it sometimes, but I run power tools a ton and am not always the brightest with my own stuff!!
            You can use Baking Soda as a PH up, and Vinegar as a PH down if you want. I have used a PH test kit kinda like what a pool might use, and they work good to check all the water and Nutrients you give the plant, then you can adjust accordingly. I grow in soil with lots of earthworms and organic material now though, so I don't have to really worry about PH with that method.

BTW, what kind of light ya got goin?

Also make sure to check all the tutorials up top about the subjects you have questions on, lot's of great info.
            Good luck with your first grow!!
            Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

Ok thank you GreenhouseEffect I have 4 15w LED light 3 are 1500 lumens and the yellow looking one is 1600 lumens I know I need at least 10,000 right my set up isn't the best but I'm trying so you say add more holes got it imma try and get the fabric pot tho ig its recommended

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey 85, that's all we ever use outdoors is 5gallon buckets or larger. You can grow some monsters in 5gallon buckets,

• GreenhouseEffect
                GreenhouseEffect commented
                Editing a comment
                Got to water kinda slow. Might be different with different grow media as well, all my stuff is in soil.

• Tdh101jr
                Tdh101jr commented
                Editing a comment
                You will be fine with that lighting just dont exspect a great yield. With those led bulbs also if you havent already, peel the plastic top globe off for better brightness and penetration of the canopy. Now as for lumans (lux) isnt the most important thing to measure when talking about lights par or umol is your best way to figure out if you have enough light to grow good strong fruutful plants. This shall all be learned within your first grows so take your time and read up on your 1st grow you next grow you will be training and feeding with no questions 3rd grow youll have plants like your seeing on the site guarenteed with nebula hazes tutorials!

Also be sure to read up on plant training, that grow area is not real big, and the plant may grow a lot during the first couple weeks of flowering, what they call the flowering " stretch".
              Of course you could always move her into a bit bigger grow area if you had to.
              Organic Soil,
              with molasses,
              In a Greenhouse with,
              Redneck engineering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X