Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to store harvest?

Hello GWE community!

I'm a few weeks away from harvesting Aurora Indicas. I'm a light weight and I really don't need very much to get me into the clouds and will need to store 80% of the harvest and slowly use it.

I'm mainly an edible person but do vape when I need to quickly get rid of the pain in my body.

It looks like I am going to have a significant amount of flowers come harvest time and I don't plan on another grow for awhile.

I was already looking into making dry ice hash, canna butter, tinctures, etc...

I don't plan on making all of the harvest into canna butter or infused oil right away. I'm worried about making a bunch of canna butter or infused oil right away and then it go bad on me before I can use it all.

I don't really medicate very often, maybe a few times a month depending on the injuries I pick up.

What do you recommend I do with the harvest for long term storage? Should I turn everything into dry ice hash and then store the hash? would that be best for storage? or should I try and store the flowers?

I'm still a couple of months away from the problem of storage, in the meantime, you should read this article;
    Learn the best way to store your weed so it stays potent and smelling great! Proper storage of cannabis can even make buds feel stronger!

Just as an FYI, our founding fathers found a long-term storage solution for corn by converting it to whiskey - works for me.
    Sour60 autos.
    3 gal grow bags 70/30 coco/perlite.
    26"x 44"x 78" tall grow area.
    2 - 300 watt HyberGrow full spectrum LEDs (actual 105watts).

Comment

• BillBates
      BillBates commented
      Editing a comment
      Mmmmmm...... Cannawhiskey!

Freezing buds works long turm,if u have room?

Comment

I use cvaults with the big boveda packs and store buds for a year or longer. Some people use vacuum seal bags and put them in the freezer. IF you try them, just make sure you do not suck all the air out of the bags and crush the buds. Good Luck!
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Quart or half-gallon canning jars, preferably wide mouth and tinted if you can find them. After letting harvest dry enough to put into jars, I will burp them daily for a week or 10 days and keep a VERYclose eye open for any signs of mold-this is when it will appear so stay on top of it. If there are ANY signs of threads forming in the flower get it out of the jar and spread it out to dry. It may be too late already at that stage so use discretion. Once they are cured, I use boveda packs to maintain stable humidity levels and store in a dark cupboard. I only grow once annually for my meds, so storage is paramount for me and this method works really well for me.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• SovietStoner
          SovietStoner commented
          Editing a comment
          WalMart or Menards carry a huge selection of wide mouth jars. I got a case of 12 at Menards for $10.

Check out this video... I was doing some research into this and stumbled across it.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

if your buds are properly cured, (at least 4 weeks), you can keep them in an air tight glass jar for over a year without opening it.
          Glass jars are the perfect way to store buds. You can store it in a jar for a very long time, and the buds will keep their colors, and potency.
          My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
          My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
          My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
          My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

I was able to find amber quart jars at wallyworld and the harvest is currently in jars with a boveda pack for a cure. I'm definitely watching for any mold these next few weeks.

Comment

• Toripony
              Toripony commented
              Editing a comment
              About mold... didn't see any during drying or first few days of curing... thought I was golden, then while sampling buds from my #2 plant about a week into cure I would occasionally get a very faint mildewy taste, mostly on first hit... tore open some buds and with a loupe I found the tiniest bit of mold only on the stem in the center of the bud. I ripped apart all those buds, about 40 grams... got it all off of the stems... found a few others w/the same tiny bits but most was ok... other plants were ok... dried it out some more (to 50% RH)... it smokes fine now but I set it aside for cooking/hashing/decarb. If it had gone further might have been ruined. Lesson: look deep inside when checking for mold. I think since the stem is the last part to dry, that's why it started there.

• NV099
              NV099 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to know... I just discovered 30 grams of problems and dunked them in a h202 solution to hopefully kill things.

NV099 I learned the hard way that concentrates lose potency way quicker than properly stored buds. I agree with you about oils and butter because of rancid factor, so I make tincture with Everclear 190 and decarbed bud. Tincture will store in freezer indefinitely.

I also can't live without the Caliber IV hygrometers. I stick them in my jars and adjust the lids slightly open to get the humidity to slowly drop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	caliber IV hgrmtr.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	233695
            Last edited by alltatup; 08-05-2018, 11:29 PM.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X