1st time grow. Need some guidance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st time grow. Need some guidance.

OK I am looking for any advice out there. These are pics of my setup. Does everything look set-up right? Plant on the right has some yellowing on bottom leaves and if you zoom in on the other one it's starting to get spots on it. These were both started on June 1st in a 3ft ghost pro grow box by Unique. I have no idea on the strain. I have them on a 18/6 schedule and I'm using whatever came with the cabinet. Is my light to far up or down? any advice is welcomedplease

Originally posted by lonnielmb72 View Post
    OK I am looking for any advice out there. These are pics of my setup. Does everything look set-up right? Plant on the right has some yellowing on bottom leaves and if you zoom in on the other one it's starting to get spots on it. These were both started on June 1st in a 3ft ghost pro grow box by Unique. I have no idea on the strain. I have them on a 18/6 schedule and I'm using whatever came with the cabinet. Is my light to far up or down? any advice is welcomedplease
    Can you explain your system a little more. It looks as though you’re running some kind of homemade DWC, is this correct? Where’s your media in the cups for supporting the plants? What types of nutrients are you feeding and at what strength? What’s your EC and PH? What’s the reservoir temps. How much aeration do you have in the reservoir? Please provide details in order to get a reliable response and answer to your problems.
    Perpetual harvest
    Sealed Room
    Full hydro
    Ebb and Flow
    Hydroton Media
    600w HPS
    GH Nutrients

Current Grow:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

• 150 watt full spectrum LED light in 3 and 4 foot versions.

upgradeledlight Box comes with everything needed to grow including

• 6 plant deep water culture hydroponic system with bubbler, pump , tubing , grow medium, and net pots.

• intake and exhaust for fresh air to leaves and exhaust of old air up top.

• dual layer carbon filter acts to keep light out and odor help.

• snap down spring loaded latches for light seal, as well as neoprene weather stripping, neither found on competitions boxes.

• Hand painted black with interior latex paint not spray paint.

• 3 or 4 feet tall options, both 16″ wide, 9.5″ deep

The above mentioned is system I have. My PH is 64. The cabinet came with nutrients I believe are from general Hydroponics. Jiffypellets are my medium. I am a newb so I don't really understand aeration or EC are.

Comment

Hello 72, Are you using Cal-Mag, ?
        6.4, ph, is kinda high. IT needs to be between 5.5-6.5ph, or your plants can't uptake some of your nutrients.
        I would try feeding at 5.5ph, in, and see what that does, after a few days, if it doesn't do any good, I'd give them a flush.
        But I'm thinking, you can keep from flushing, simply by feeding them at 5.5ph in.
        They can't take in nutrients, if the ph, is not in the right zone.
        GoodLuck with them.72.
        You want the ph, at around 6.0 for hydro.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Hi 69. This is a hydro grow.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, your ph, still needs to be 5.5-6.5.
            Your is too high.

• 150 watt full spectrum LED light in 3 and 4 foot versions.

upgradeledlightBox comes with everything needed to grow including
          • 6 plant deep water culture hydroponic system with bubbler, pump , tubing , grow medium, and net pots.
          • intake and exhaust for fresh air to leaves and exhaust of old air up top.
          • dual layer carbon filter acts to keep light out and odor help.
          • snap down spring loaded latches for light seal, as well as neoprene weather stripping, neither found on competitions boxes.
          • Hand painted black with interior latex paint not spray paint.
          • 3 or 4 feet tall options, both 16″ wide, 9.5″ deep

The above mentioned is system I have. My PH is 64. The cabinet came with nutrients I believe are from general Hydroponics. Jiffypellets are my medium. I am a newb so I don't really understand aeration or EC are.
          so like
          @D.A.A.S.69
          Said, your PH is too high for hydro. You should be holding 5.8-6.0ph ideally. Plants struggle to uptake differen nutrients when the PH isn’t optimal.

Next, jiffy pellets are primarily for soil grows I would recommend RockWool. It’s much more commonly used for the type of hydro your doing. As well as go to the grow store(or amazon) and get yourself some HYDROTON. It’s expanded clay pebbles that you fill the pots the pants are sitting in with so the roots and stalk have something to hold onto and support it while it’s buds start swelling. You’re going to have support issues later on if you don’t.

DWC hydro is sold to everyone as the easy way to grow really crip weed (Which it is) but it has to be understood to be operated properly and to provide that awesome bud. Your DWC is less than ideal. It’s clearly homemade and has many flaws in design. First of which is the fact that your reservoir is clear. You don’t want any light in the reservoir because it grows algae and bacteria. Then theirs way to many holes. 6 plants couldn’t properly live in that small of a reservoir. 1 barely could. It’s very shallow and doesn’t give much root room. Not to mention when you grow multiple plants in the same reservoir the roots get tangled and can be problematic for the whole crop if only one plant gets sick/dies. You should research DWC and gain an in depth understanding on how every element in your system plays off each other. Your reservoir should be changed weekly and nutrients replenished according to plant strength and stage. For your size cabinet I recommend either 1 or 2 5 gallon bucket DWC systems. They’re super simple, light proof, and cheap. Here’s a link.

THE BUCKET

LEAKTITE B5GSKD 5GAL Black Plastic Pail https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VBW17S..._8NckBb2KMRKV4

THE LID

6 in. Wide Lip Bucket Basket - Round Plant Container with Mesh Bottom - Hydrofarm HG6RDBK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049XIIGC..._TPckBbTXXWZQ2

THE PUMP (you’ll need 2 small air stones and tubing)

Active Aqua Air Pump, 2 Outlets, 3W, 7.8 L/min https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TCC46U..._QSckBb4P7ZQBN

THE MEDIA

Hydroton Clay Pebbles | 10 Liter | Expanded Clay Growing Media https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KYYZ9DE..._7UckBbZQ1PQMY

Your light is fine, I’d keep playing with height as they grow and continue to look for that sweetspot.
          Perpetual harvest
          Sealed Room
          Full hydro
          Ebb and Flow
          Hydroton Media
          600w HPS
          GH Nutrients

Current Grow:

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

Thank you Islandcolas,
            so i can put the hydroton in the pots they are in now?

Comment

• IslandColas
              IslandColas commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes but you need to change your DWC unit or you won’t make it through flowering without major problems

so i can put the hydroton in the pots they are in now?
            I'm a relative noob, so please take my comments with a grain of salt ... I also have grow boxes, fyi.

I think you need to get *something* in those net pots asap to provide support as IslandColas mentioned above. I think hydroton is a good option because given your situation you should be able to gently place the pebbles in and around the stem. I'm curious ... how are they currently standing upright??

You also need to have some sort of cover over the pot to stop light penetration. You can do that now and replace it after filling with pebbles.

How are your roots looking? Happy to be following along.
            Perpettual Harvest in Grow Boxes:
            • 'Mothership' (400W MH): Moms in Coco in AutoPots
            • 'Bloombox' - Cloning Chamber (125W CFL/2' T5HO): Cuttings in 48-site Aeroponic Cloner
            • Bloombox - Veg Chamber (400W MH + T5HO + CO2): 36-site, Top Feed/DWC
            • Producers ‘A' & ‘B’ Flower (2 x 400W HPS + T5HO + UV): 18-site, Top-Feed/DWC
            Current Grows:

Comment

So I added some hydroton clay pebbles and today I changed out water, added nutrients, and added half a co2 tablet for first time. That was about 12hours ago. This is what happened since. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks like mg issue and with ph in the wrong zone could be. Did you cover the res so light didn't get in? What do the roots look like? IslandColas makes very good points and you don't want light in your root zone or res. What is the ec of your res and nutrient solution? If your going in blind on this then you should really read the guides. SiriusFourside has a great guide to hydro on gwe.

So I added some hydroton clay pebbles and today I changed out water, added nutrients, and added half a co2 tablet for first time. That was about 12hours ago. This is what happened since. Any thoughts?
              They look like they need cal mag bad
              Perpetual harvest
              Sealed Room
              Full hydro
              Ebb and Flow
              Hydroton Media
              600w HPS
              GH Nutrients

Current Grow:

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X