Mom(s) in Coco/AutoPot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom(s) in Coco/AutoPot

[I'm starting grow journals for each of my crops, and will be updating each several times per week, if not daily.]

This is White Shark Momwho is about 4 months old. She was a clone I purchased from a Canadian LP (WeedMD). She (along with many sisters!) arrived in 1" rockwool, which I placed into 3" cubes in a DWC setup. After a couple of weeks of veg, I chose her as my mother plant and transplanted to a coco:vermiculite: perlite (50:25:25) mix in an AutoPot with AirDome. I have taken cuttings twice to date and am working on shaping (bending; tying down; pruning) her optimally for harvesting cuttings.

The AutoPot (https://autopot-usa.com) is supplied by a 47L rez outside the box. Currently:

- RO
    - AN Sensi Coco Grow A & B (*75%)
    - AN B-52 (50%)
    - AN Rhino Skin (25%)
    - Hydroguard
    - TDS = 975ppm; pH = 6.2

*base nutes reduced to lower N in an effort to promote rooting of cuttings

I plan to take ~24 cuttings in the next couple of days.
    Perpettual Harvest in Grow Boxes:
    • 'Mothership' (400W MH): Moms in Coco in AutoPots
    • 'Bloombox' - Cloning Chamber (125W CFL/2' T5HO): Cuttings in 48-site Aeroponic Cloner
    • Bloombox - Veg Chamber (400W MH + T5HO + CO2): 36-site, Top Feed/DWC
    • Producers ‘A' & ‘B’ Flower (2 x 400W HPS + T5HO + UV): 18-site, Top-Feed/DWC
    Current Grows:

Looking good Rangi nice looking mom if you plan on keeping her for awhile I would put her in a bigger pot at least 5 gallons ten would be better ,If you want all your posts to be followed I would put them in one thread with different names its easier for us to follow ,looks like your going to have a fun grow good luck
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Originally posted by oldjarhead100 View Post
      Looking good Rangi nice looking mom if you plan on keeping her for awhile I would put her in a bigger pot at least 5 gallons ten would be better ,If you want all your posts to be followed I would put them in one thread with different names its easier for us to follow ,looks like your going to have a fun grow good luck
      Tyvm for that feedback. Great idea. With my current setup, I only have this one box available for moms. Last year, when I first started out, I had 4 in there (2 x 2 strains), which is the designed maximum capacity. I'm hoping to keep 4 strains, and rotate grows through them. So with multiple plants in there, increasing pot size becomes challenging, even though desirable.

Down the road (and probably not too far down), I will likely get a tent to provide me with extra flexibility.
      • 'Bloombox' - Cloning Chamber (125W CFL/2' T5HO): Cuttings in 48-site Aeroponic Cloner
      Current Grows:

Comment

Rangi you do know the size of the root ball controls the size of the yield, What is an auto pot ,your terminology may be different than mine so I'm just curious .

It looks like you had 20 people stop in and check out your thread , if you want more comments leave some room for them meaning ask what they think about stuff ,and who knows you might find a really good suggestion
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

Rangi you do know the size of the root ball controls the size of the yield, What is an auto pot ,your terminology may be different than mine so I'm just curious .

It looks like you had 20 people stop in and check out your thread , if you want more comments leave some room for them meaning ask what they think about stuff ,and who knows you might find a really good suggestion
          oldjarhead100 The AutoPot is a brand name (brochure attached as PDF) for a bottom feed pot/tray system. I have a 47L rez outside this grow box with a gravity-fed irrigation line feeding the tray into which the 15L pot sits. Flow of nutes to the tray is controlled by the "AquaValve" which allows the tray to fill to 3/4", but then nothing further is provided until all that water is taken up. Then the valve opens again ... etc. The company has some really cool 3D animations on YouTube showing their different products ...

Probably the most important lesson I've taken away over this past (first) year of growing is ... "It's all about the roots!!". This grow box is designed to keep 4 moms to supply cuttings for my aeroponic cloner. There is no preset plan to flower them. This will allow me to keep up to 4 strains, and rotate through them for cloning. The downside obviously is the size limitation. This is a pic of the first 4 plants I grew about a year ago. (I had just cut back the 2 on the right, which were up to the glass like the 2 on the left). They obviously got away from me re structure, and when I start adding moms to this box again, I'll need to do a lot more thinking about early training.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5133.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	308.6 KB
ID:	216410

I appreciate your suggestion re posting in a manner that invites comments/participations. You'll be seeing LOTS of that from me!! I have kept quite detailed journals (asking LOTS of questions, for sure, and getting a wealth of information from some awesome folks) on another forum, but for various reasons I wanted to move everything over here to GWE. This past weekend was a bit chaotic, so I just wanted to get the threads up and running. I will post regular and frequent updates and will be thrilled if others can toss some ideas my way.
          Current Grows:

Comment

now that auto pot is pretty cool I have never heard of them before

Comment

now that auto pot is pretty cool I have never heard of them before
              I’m really liking them (only had 2 plants including this one so far). Great for new growers in particular imo ...eliminates the challenges of over/under watering. And all gravity fed!
              Current Grows:

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                What was the cost if you dont mind saying

You can buy them individually or (more commonly) in sets of 4. Different pots sizes also available. GrowersHouse.com has a 4-pot set for $160 USD (includes rez, pots, trays, plumbing, etc.). The AirDomes (sit in bottom of pot and provide aeration to feed solution and medium) are a cheap - and apparently quite effective - add on, assuming you can connect to an air pump. Otherwise, it's a standalone system that requires no power. AutoPot has an amazing array of products. I love designs that are creative, ridiculously simple, and highly effective!

Current Grows:

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                just read your fun fact is Kiswahili your ancestry .My ancestry is Abnaki and Mic-mac native tribes and learning to speak it is hard as well just getting the inflections right ,OLA DO WA NAMHI KIYIA means its good to see you in Abnaki

oldjarhead100 Good morning! No, I've been fortunate to live among many different peoples and cultures around the world. I lived in East Africa (including a period on Mafia Island, Tanzania ... what a name!!!) for a few years and was welcomed into Swahili communities and culture. Beautiful people. And very patient with me as a struggled (never really succeeding!) to speak Kiswahili.

My first wife (and mother of my kids) is Inuit; we met when I was living for a decade up in Canada's arctic - above the 69th parallel. My parents are both from the East Coast of Canada. I remember living out east in the 70's and there being a new mall in Dartmouth opening (a big deal back then, in the days when NS had ONE McDonald's!) ... I think it was called Mic Mac Mall

Current Grows:

Comment

• Here she is at lights on, the day following harvesting 24 cuttings.
                • She's such a resilient and happy gal
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8646.jpg
Views:	1246
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	217417
                Current Grows:

Comment

I once asked an inuit how they would say my native name Kodiak he looked at me with a straight face and said Kodiak lol

I have traveled as well ,I havent lived there to learn culture ,and most of the people were shooting at me but hey vacation can't be all fun lol no only kidding I went all over Europe and Mediterranean, in peace .I didn't get shot at until the last place I went ,thats the one that sticks out in my head though lol

Comment

• Rangi
                    Rangi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I bet you have some incredible "vacation" stories, oldjarhead100! Used to do some work with similar travellers who were struggling after coming home. Travelling can be tough, at times.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X