harvest anxiety.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harvest anxiety.

Hi, I have a question on the final weeks of my grow. (Non-seasoned grower) Lemon OG Haze AF, from Nirvana. I"m in week 13. Some trichromes are turning milky, but it just seems that it's not progressing like it should. I've had clear trichromes for many weeks now. Like three to four weeks. I'm getting concerned it may be going in the other direction at this point. Does anyone think I should be a little more patient and wait for some amber chromes. I definitely want a more calming effect. I'm not giving too many details, but has any ones grow lasted say 16 weeks? And will I ever see amber chromes? I thought about harvesting half, and letting the rest go to see If I ever get the the chromes I wanted to see. Any advice is appreciated.

Yes, I have had grows go that long- basically sativa's will do this.

Your grow is progressing in the right direction-

I would continue until most/all milky and harvest the top/mature buds and allow the rest to continue.

What you are looking for is ambers. Once you get some random amber's it would be fine to harvest the rest.
    If you begin to see gray turning trichomes it has gone too long, otherwise keep it going!
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• Weed Pharma
      Weed Pharma commented
      Editing a comment
      This is more about garden/risk management than anything else-

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup my sativa's are taking forever including being outside.

Do as Pharma says and have patience.

Also did you start counting those days from the day you went to 12/12 or the day you first started seeing the white pistils? The timing starts when pistils start forming, not when you went to 12/12.

Comment

• SamHeinous
      SamHeinous commented
      Editing a comment
      I did not know that information! Thank you!

Redwasp, that's a controversial topic, about when to start counting days, kinda like defoliation, some say yes ,some say no defoliating. I go by the trichs, when she's ready.
    But alot of the old time growers like Sub-Cool, and bunch more ,say you start counting at the flip of the switch.
    Like I said that's a controversial topic.
    If I was to guess, I would say that 60-70percent say it starts at the flip .
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      I go by the trichomes too. My statement about when to start counting days came from Nirvana seed. When i questioned them about their timing on how long it takes in the flowering phase. But i understand they want to show the shortest time period possible.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Right ,the seed banks want to make it sound quick. But I bet I could ask 20 seed banks, and they would all be different answers.
      Lol, Hope you are still feeling better, from all that BS. Have a nice Sunday ,I know we are, we been hitting the pipe since 4oclock this morning, Breakfast of Champions, coffee, and a big fat one. Nothin better !!

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I started keeping track of both "12/12" days and "Pistils" days. The Pistils days line up with breeder advice much better than the 12/12 days - But I can control the 12/12 days and really can't control when Pistils start. So for tracking how I manage my grow I want to know days from the flip (12/12 days), but for estimating harvest timelines I use Pistils days

Yes its been a great day. I have some very flavorful smoke. So yes brewed the coffee at 330 am. Lol

Comment

We like pics 😃.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

I find growing on a set schedule is not my thing,I perfer to look at the plant and judge weather or not it’s ready for the flip. I don’t count days after the flip or after I see pistils none of witch matter much, I do have a general idea (within a week or 2) when thay should b ready and start checking trichomes at that time for that hint of amber that I seek.
        Ive found some strains take longer to mature than others and that’s ok as long as I’m not out of weed. 😎

Comment

Did you do any topping or LST? If so, then that would slow your progress by a few if just topped only. LST would slow progress by many more days, so you have to count the days your plant was mad at you.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol. I talk to my girls while im training them so they dont get so angry. Tell them how pretty they are and how everyone is just gonna love the new look. I promise to get them a pretty pot or some beautiful bows and they perk right back up.

I didn't do any topping. I did bend over and tie down branches to keep the height down. Most the pistils at the top have turned brown and curled in somewhat. A few lower, less lighted buds still have some white pistils. After all these responses, I think I shall wait. and follow Weed Pharma's advice of when top buds have mostly cloudy trichromes, cut them down. Then just wait on the rest of the grow for amber trichromes.

Comment

You are in the hardest stage of growing. Patience, my friend, patience! Even after many grows I still fight the urge of harvesting too early. I like more of a head high so that has pushed me to harvest when only showing a few amber. I swear I will wait longer this grow... 😅
            DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
            315 LEC
            6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
            6" Carbon filter
            3- 6" fans
            humidifier
            temp and humidity gauge
            5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
            FF trio nutrients

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Andley, I'm with PuravidaC, Just about the worst thing you can possibly do is harvest early, sometimes you might have to for different reasons, like bugs, or someone found your hiding spot.
              But after a few times harvesting early, I bet you want do it anymore.lol
              You don't want clear trichs, if you can help it When you see milky-cloudy, and a little amber showing up on the buds, and not the sugar leaves, you are good to go then.
              GoodLuck

Im in the same boat as you my man lol. I'm watching my buds everyday and resisting the urge to rip them out but i can tell they need at least another week or two.
            640 watt hlg quantum board
            320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
            300 watt mars hydro sp3000
            150 watt hlg quantum board
            100 watt spider farmer led x2
            organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
            Water only i don't check ph
            6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• PuravidaC
              PuravidaC commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahaha! Can't tell you how many times I have said "two more weeks"! They do seem to just sit there looking back at you, especially when checking trics daily. Patience!!!

Okay. This was my final harvesting decisions. I waited impatiently after my original post.(6-3). I followed Weed Pharma's advice. I harvested the top of my grow. When most trichs were cloudy. Still could see some clear though. Waited again, impatiently, for 10 days, for amber trichs. It was hard to find some. Maybe one or two ambers. I could still see some clear trichs though. But fewer clear. Almost all cloudy. So I took the mid grow at this time. I left the rest to keep maturing/growing. So now, three weeks after I took the top, I'm going to take the rest. It's a little easier to find more amber trichromes, but still not many. but more than at first or second harvest. I just don't see waiting any longer as I think it's starting to whither. Maybe this strain (Lemon OG Haze from Nirvana) won't turn to many trichromes into amber color. It just seems after looking at these trichromes for I'd say at six-ish weeks, I have to end it. Exactly 111 days after planted the seed. But, being a newbie, I'm really not sure. But, I have been sampling what I harvested along the way. And I'll say I can't complain. Haha. The wife and I have a good time with it. On to the next one.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Andley, Congratulations, on your grow. Glad to hear that your samples were good, but wait until you sample some of the Amber bud, it's gonna blow you away, in a good way.
              Again, Congratulations

any pics from the grow? farmerjane and I have 5 Lemon OG Haze af in their 3rd week right now... just topped a few of them this weekend.
            Instagram: @farmerjim420
            What is VPD?
            diygrowdata.com

Completed:
            #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
            Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
            In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
            In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
            • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
            • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
            • #diyrdwc
            • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

Sorry, I don't have pics. As I get more comfortable, and more proud with my grows, I may post some pics. If I can figure it out. I do appreciate all the advice.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X