Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Source concentrate extractor: I'm improving my concentration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Source concentrate extractor: I'm improving my concentration!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	205721Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	205722Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	205723Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	205724

I bought the Source on eBay this past week to make concentrates. This is one amazing machine: it removes the alcohol which is collected into a side bowl and saves 90-95% of the alcohol! This guy Ichiban has some amazing articles on how to make concentrates with it: https://extractcrafter.com

I've already made one batch of oil from a very green tincture I made from Afghan Kush and Mazar sugar leaves and larfy trim; the tincture I didn't mind being dark green because I wanted all the additional stuff like chlorophyll (known as a Full Extraction Cannabis Concentrate, like RSO--and those are dark--as opposed to a Quick Wash, which will result in a honey-colored end product). I reclaimed the Everclear out of 8 oz of tincture and was left with around 3 ml of oil, to which I added 20 drops of MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides, made from coconut oil and as far as I can tell, the only safe liquidizer to use. Just forget about Proplyne Glycol: it produces formaldehyde when vaporized!!!! I put some in my vape pen and it works marvellously: big thick clouds of vapor and works very fast.

This morning I got my hands on a good 14 grams of bud, which I gently broke up and put in an almond milk bag (I don't know whether it will help filter or not, but I don't have the rosin bags that quirk uses). The bud and the Everlclear are in the freezer until tomorrow morning. Then I will do a quick wash to make a real clean concentrate.

(That's boo boo the cat plopped down in the middle of the yard taking a nap.)
    To be continued...
    Last edited by alltatup; 05-19-2018, 07:46 AM.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

I like the kitty.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      But not the extractor?? :-{

• DoctorJohnson
      DoctorJohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, sorry, the extractor too. But I liked the shot of your cat..

Love the set-up!! Man, that Source is pricey. Looking forward to hearing the, To be continued...

Comment

Great! I'm in, and back. Now where's that Sativa growing thread?
    Completed #1: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...dwc-apocalypse

My forever grow.

2x400w MH/HPS (veg 6/2 /flower 12/12)

100w t-5 (nursery)

6"can fan and filter 480cfm max set to 240cfm exhausted outside.

Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Organic
    5gal. Eco Oganics pots.

Coco soil and pearl

Light cycle: 6/2 veg. 12/12 flower

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-well-sort-of

Friendly advice:
    If you want to grow top shelf weed, arm yourself with knowledge:
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

ATU is my tech guide ! You show off the coolest gadgets.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      This machine is awesome. I made some vape juice that's awesome, but I forgot to take pics. I'm making another batch for a friend later this week and I'll document it.

Ok, making my second batch of concentrate, and so far it's going well. I put the gently-broken bud in a filter bag, froze the Everclear and the bud in separate jars overnight, and yesterday I poured the alcohol into the bud jar and laid it on its side in freezer. Throughout the day I agitated the jar, and I saw that the liquid was a beautiful yellow. Huge shout out to quirk for sharing his rosin bag method. I let the bag drip into the jar (no squeezing of the bag), and put the bag into a smaller amt. of EC overnight. You can see that it's much greener, but it's gonna make some good concentrate, I believe.

This morning, I sterilized my work area, gathered together all the instruments of torture I need, and put the infusion into the Source. It's been around 2 hours; you can see the infusion bubbling and the alcohol dripping down the front of the machine, collecting in its reservoir.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Aaaaggghhjhh ...! This is so cool ! Alltatup you are so rad.
      This is what I think I've been looking for (without knowing that this is what I've been looking for 😂)
      Bad assery right there. This and a Nova and you can make all kinds of stuff !

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Californiakid I know!! Exactly how I felt: THIS is the machine I need!!! And just like you say: this and the Nova are indispensible machines for those of us who love concentrates.

I'm also going to make a more concentrated tincture in the Source when my current harvest is done. I have one more (out of four) plants to go in the micro grow, and I'm gonna combine them for some tincture and concentrate: Night Queen, 8 ball kush, Euforia CBD and Critical. YUM!!! I'm hoping it will be quite relaxing with some great cerebral effects.

Originally posted by Californiakid View Post
      ATU is my tech guide ! You show off the coolest gadgets.
      I'll say it again !

Comment

I've been leary of concentrates due to lack of trust in their purging process. Making my own was questionable. This makes it safe and easy. Now my wife and I can save up and begin making our own. High five 🖐

Comment

THE END PRODUCT:

This is the final stage of extraction in the machine: I stand over it and watch closely. When the dark oil stops bubbling, it's done. And the temperature has remained between 99-106 F the entire time it was in the vacuum.

Then I have to move very quickly "in the kitchen wrist twistin like a stir fry" while it's still warm to add the MCT and a drop of terpenes and blend it. It turns into a lovely juice that I suck up into the syringes and store in fridge. The two different colors in the syringes are the first wash and the second wash. You can also see that I didn't strain the liquid as well as I could have; I got too excited about making concentrate and skipped that step.

Nevertheless, it vapes marvellously in the vape pen; the MCT is so smooth, so no coughing. 2-3 puffs and I'm good.

Final picture is Lucky boy who keeps an eye on me when I'm on this forum.

Comment

This is amazing i will be buying one ! i always make tinctures but never figured i could make this kind of concentrate from Everclear tincture. Im impressed learn something new everyday. I got a bunch of Jupiter cartridges from the dispensary i will be refilling them myself after this next grow!

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool beans, Inuart:we can give each other tips about what works best 🐲🐲🐲

• Cronk
            Cronk commented
            Editing a comment
            3ml total from 14 ounces of bud? Hmm, is that right? do you then mix this with MCT to make a larger volume?

maybe I don't understand

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Cronk that was 3ml from 14 grams of bud--not oz. That lasted for quite a while: I'm vaping the last of it as we speak...

alltatup Can I mix that MCT oil with fresh pressed Rosin? And make it vape from a cartridge? Also what terpene do you use?

Comment

Cali I'm not sure what will happen to your rosin if you mix it with MCT. Try it out on a very small amount to see if you can turn the rosin into an oily substance that could be suctioned with a blunt needle and squirted into cartridge. Know what I'm saying? Try mixing a drop or two of your precious rosin to see what it turns into. You will know how much MCT it takes to get it to the right consistency IF IF IF you can get it to the right consistency.

I just read that you're supposed to decarb your bud before you press it. That's for rosin presses.

For my concentrate machine: I've been told by the ExtractCraft folks that wax/shatter are made from bud (infused in Everclear 190) that has not been decarbed, whereas oil/sap is made from bud that has been decarbed. Now I'm significantly changing the nature of the beast by infusing my bud in Everclear 190; you're using heat and pressure to melt all the good stuff out.

(In the three little batches of oil I've made so far, the bud has always been decarbed. So I'm anxious to extract using cured but not decarbed bud and see what comes out. See if I can make juice with some of it.

If it's been decarbed, I would assume that you could take that warm rosin and mix it with MCT & a drop of terpenes.

If you have rosin and oil, and you wanna make juice too, take a look at the Prism Plus vape pen with a juice cartridge: I love mine. It comes with a dual quartz coil atomizer and a ceramic donut atomizer, plus I bought one of their glass cartridges. Very nice, versatile and getting a lot of very good reviews on websites I trust.

https://www.vapecritic.com/prism/ There's a 30% off coupon at the end of the review that I used.

I got some Fogg terpenes, and I only add a drop or two to make small amounts of oil--like 2-3ml--at a time. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Let me know what happens!!! Pictures of your rosin before and after, pleeeze!!!

Comment

thats a fantastic new tool in your concentrate arsenal
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

alltatup i will let you know for sure. I’ll take pics before and after. It’s going to be a while though, Have to get some good rosin going the one I press now looks clear so I want to keep it consistent. Also have to order the mct oil and terpenes..

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a crappy little rosin press and then I realized you need an industrial size one to do any real rosin gathering. These toys are sure fun to play with, tho. Looking forward to seeing what you concentrate!!! ;-]

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X