Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Source concentrate extractor: I'm improving my concentration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    But not the extractor?? :-{

• DoctorJohnson
    replied
    I like the kitty.

Leave a comment:

• The Source concentrate extractor: I'm improving my concentration!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	205721Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	205722Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	205723Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	205724

I bought the Source on eBay this past week to make concentrates. This is one amazing machine: it removes the alcohol which is collected into a side bowl and saves 90-95% of the alcohol! This guy Ichiban has some amazing articles on how to make concentrates with it: https://extractcrafter.com

I've already made one batch of oil from a very green tincture I made from Afghan Kush and Mazar sugar leaves and larfy trim; the tincture I didn't mind being dark green because I wanted all the additional stuff like chlorophyll (known as a Full Extraction Cannabis Concentrate, like RSO--and those are dark--as opposed to a Quick Wash, which will result in a honey-colored end product). I reclaimed the Everclear out of 8 oz of tincture and was left with around 3 ml of oil, to which I added 20 drops of MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides, made from coconut oil and as far as I can tell, the only safe liquidizer to use. Just forget about Proplyne Glycol: it produces formaldehyde when vaporized!!!! I put some in my vape pen and it works marvellously: big thick clouds of vapor and works very fast.

This morning I got my hands on a good 14 grams of bud, which I gently broke up and put in an almond milk bag (I don't know whether it will help filter or not, but I don't have the rosin bags that quirk uses). The bud and the Everlclear are in the freezer until tomorrow morning. Then I will do a quick wash to make a real clean concentrate.

(That's boo boo the cat plopped down in the middle of the yard taking a nap.)
    To be continued...
    Last edited by alltatup; 05-19-2018, 07:46 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X