Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Source concentrate extractor: I'm improving my concentration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    replied
    THE END PRODUCT:

This is the final stage of extraction in the machine: I stand over it and watch closely. When the dark oil stops bubbling, it's done. And the temperature has remained between 99-106 F the entire time it was in the vacuum.

Then I have to move very quickly "in the kitchen wrist twistin like a stir fry" while it's still warm to add the MCT and a drop of terpenes and blend it. It turns into a lovely juice that I suck up into the syringes and store in fridge. The two different colors in the syringes are the first wash and the second wash. You can also see that I didn't strain the liquid as well as I could have; I got too excited about making concentrate and skipped that step.

Nevertheless, it vapes marvellously in the vape pen; the MCT is so smooth, so no coughing. 2-3 puffs and I'm good.

Final picture is Lucky boy who keeps an eye on me when I'm on this forum.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Y'all are gonna love your home made juice!!! MCT:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will use these rosin bags to put the bud in (as soon as they arrive):

• Californiakid
    replied
    I've been leary of concentrates due to lack of trust in their purging process. Making my own was questionable. This makes it safe and easy. Now my wife and I can save up and begin making our own. High five 🖐

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Californiakid I know!! Exactly how I felt: THIS is the machine I need!!! And just like you say: this and the Nova are indispensible machines for those of us who love concentrates.

I'm also going to make a more concentrated tincture in the Source when my current harvest is done. I have one more (out of four) plants to go in the micro grow, and I'm gonna combine them for some tincture and concentrate: Night Queen, 8 ball kush, Euforia CBD and Critical. YUM!!! I'm hoping it will be quite relaxing with some great cerebral effects.

• Californiakid
    replied
    Originally posted by Californiakid View Post
    ATU is my tech guide ! You show off the coolest gadgets.
    I'll say it again !

Leave a comment:

• Californiakid
    replied
    Aaaaggghhjhh ...! This is so cool ! Alltatup you are so rad.
    This is what I think I've been looking for (without knowing that this is what I've been looking for 😂)
    Bad assery right there. This and a Nova and you can make all kinds of stuff !

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    Ok, making my second batch of concentrate, and so far it's going well. I put the gently-broken bud in a filter bag, froze the Everclear and the bud in separate jars overnight, and yesterday I poured the alcohol into the bud jar and laid it on its side in freezer. Throughout the day I agitated the jar, and I saw that the liquid was a beautiful yellow. Huge shout out to quirk for sharing his rosin bag method. I let the bag drip into the jar (no squeezing of the bag), and put the bag into a smaller amt. of EC overnight. You can see that it's much greener, but it's gonna make some good concentrate, I believe.

This morning, I sterilized my work area, gathered together all the instruments of torture I need, and put the infusion into the Source. It's been around 2 hours; you can see the infusion bubbling and the alcohol dripping down the front of the machine, collecting in its reservoir.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    This machine is awesome. I made some vape juice that's awesome, but I forgot to take pics. I'm making another batch for a friend later this week and I'll document it.

• Californiakid
    replied
    ATU is my tech guide ! You show off the coolest gadgets.

Leave a comment:

• POKEDSMOT
    commented on 's reply
    Unknown strain. The plant was given to me. It was in flower but looked horrible. I revegged, and put it in the scrog.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I made an offer and was accepted on eBay. This is the seller: https://www.ebay.com/usr/ashl_mcph?_...72.m2749.l2754

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Hello Happy Farmers! Growing Cannabis Sativa can be a bit tricky both indoors and out. They can be tall, lanky and hard to manage. However the pay-off can

What you got growing????

• POKEDSMOT
    replied
    Great! I'm in, and back. Now where's that Sativa growing thread?

Leave a comment:

• DoctorJohnson
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, sorry, the extractor too. But I liked the shot of your cat..

• JimmyPapaya
    replied
    Love the set-up!! Man, that Source is pricey. Looking forward to hearing the, To be continued...

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X