Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest thing you ever did surrounding cannabis grows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumbest thing I can recall over the years, other than putting my hands all over some moccasins that were in my outdoors grows pots was.
    30-40years ago, me and a couple of buddies would always meet up at a certain big old log, and roll us some joints and smoke them there before we went to the camphouse, after bowhuntin.
    We would clean our seeds out of our weed and throw them on the ground, around that log without thinking about them growing there.
    And one year we met up at that log at a certain time, like we always did, and we had smoked a joint or two, and didn't even notice this big monster 12foot tall plant with humongous ripe buds everywhere, that volunteered to come up and grow all by herself, with just rain water.
    We freaked when we saw what we had, I'm sure glad that one of us recognized it, her stalk was damn near as big as your arm.
    When we go huntin now, we still meet up at that old rotten log and get a good laugh, an smoke a joint ,but that's where I grow our outdoor crops now, in them same woods.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Dumb--listening to my roommate when I started this thing. "Oh it's a weed, just let it grow"...later when the girls were 2 feet tall "oh okay maybe you should have started whatever you were talking about [LST]" Too little too late, both of them have now died from my Dumber mistake--leaving them with a friend for a week. He refused to admit he had no idea what he was doing; despite my best efforts talking him through fixing a fixable problem I think they're goners (although at least he tried and I do have three clones that are doing okay).
      ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
        GreenhouseEffect commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude, I'm so sorry to hear about your roommate dying.

• WeirdWiredWolf
        WeirdWiredWolf commented
        Editing a comment
        Greenhouse, roomie was as pissed as I was. We should have realized something upon noticing that the only plants the friend has in his apartment (random foliage plants that seem to be invincible normally) are either rootbound or dead.
        Now the girls are in a sunny windowsill until I can solve my tent's airflow issues, they're showing no signs of slowing down.

Ladies and gentlemen... hot off the presses... farmerjims newest dumbest!!!

0 Likes, 1 Comments - @farmerjim420 on Instagram: “Hahahahaja... #hydronewbieproblems!! Note to self... when attempting to show off your diy buckets…”
      Instagram: @farmerjim420
      What is VPD?
      diygrowdata.com

Completed:
      #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
      Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
      In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
      In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
      • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
      • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
      • #diyrdwc
      • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        yup that was a good one lol

• KingKush
        KingKush commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha that's a classic!

I have MANY brain skids but my favorite was one of my first attempts at growing outdoors back in "back to the garden" days of college. I had read that Native Americans would bury a fish under corn they planted as a natural fertilizer so I buried a small fish under every seed I planted. Back in the day seeds were plentiful with the weed you bought. Plants were growing great until something discovered the seafood buffet and dug up every plant to feed their fat face!
      DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
      315 LEC
      6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        HAHA thats a good one I used plant tone in my outside grows the first year and something dug all the dirt out looking for that wonderful smell ,no plant were planted at that time lol

i dropped a light on a seedling broke its stem.
      i over watered at first..
      i tried to grow without a ph pen that and overwatering had me guessing left and right what could be wrong.. only made things worse
      my last batch of seeds i had started soaking got chewed up by dog and caused them to dry out i had them in a plastic container..
      i destroyed nearly all my other seedlings that survived all my other mistakes by leaving them outside to long and not enough acclimation...
      ill think of more im sure.. lol now i have all my stuff i need to grow and have no seeds.. yeah im that guy that can fuck anything up and have the worse luck..

Comment

I may still get in.

Comment

Dumb: Flipping to flower and not making sure my tent is completely lightproof. Right now I have a black cotton cloak covering it during lights-out until I can move the whole thing into a more suitable area. There likely are some light leaks (I did have some theatrical scrim material that is opaque when lit from one side...was gonna use that but I can't find it!), but without a light meter I can't tell for sure how bad.

Dumb(est?): Mixing nutes/watering while slightly high (protip: testing runoff PH while wearing grow glasses is bad mmmkay)...only the next morning when testing my runoff again did I realize WTF I did. PH was waaayyyy off (acidic)...took me about 30mins of flushing to get the runoff corrected and I hope I didn't screw things up worse.

Dumb again: Making sure it's as difficult as possible to water to runoff without removing her from the tent completely...right now my only catchbasin is elevating the smart pot right off the saucer using a sink mat (and the saucer was never meant to hold much water so...). I can probably fix that with a 2gal bucket and some old Blumat parts.
        Last edited by WeirdWiredWolf; 07-11-2018, 06:54 PM.
        ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Left the tent door open....weed kitty got in the tent and was in heaven! Ate one of my 4 week old plants

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
            Editing a comment
            Oh god!!
            Even turned her green with fangs!?!

• GreenhouseEffect
            Editing a comment
            I am truly sorry for your loss though, that does suck

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X