Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest thing you ever did surrounding cannabis grows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest thing you ever did surrounding cannabis grows!

We have all done it- had an idea - read an atricle - tips from friends and decided to give our new found "knowledge" a try!

I'll start and likely to add more:

DUMBEST- I took a vegging photo plant and decided to "prune" the roots at transplant- I cut off 1 inch all around and 2.5" off the bottom (dirt and all)- transplanted and flipped to 12/12-It lived, low harvest.

It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

I forgot to lock my growroom the first time I “tried” to grow and my daughter uprooted all my plants . XD it really wasnt a growing mistake but a mistake none the less .
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

Not exactly a new technique i heard, but quite simply, over watering. Even after all my understanding in plant science, my first attempts indoors was a failure. Through simple watering practices i managed to overwater my plants and fail to recognise that it was my poor choice in soil. However, ever since i understand the fundamentals to prevent such events and will forever be able to recognise any future events. Making mistakes is not bad, but only an oppurtunity to learn something new.
      Written Articles:
      Light Metric Systems
      Using Light Efficiently
      The Light Cycle Debate
      Environment Conditions
      Grow Light Technologies
      How To Compare Grow Lights
      To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
      Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Instagram

Comment

• farmerjim
        farmerjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey DD! I've been planning to read your articles for quite some time - today may be the day - any recommended order or does each stand on its own?

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        Light metric systems would probably be good to start with, then you can ready them in any order after that.

• freddyyola
        freddyyola commented
        Editing a comment
        yes i agree bvween making mistakes left and right i guess its best get all the learning out the way in one growing season lol hopefully ill luck up n get some seeds n get another grow going..

Dumb: Not dropping the water-level in my reservoir after sprouting roots - roots need to breathe!
      Dumber: Spent the first month growing autos - actually had a photo. Actually bought a photo. No idea why I thought I was growing an auto!
      Dumbest: Heat kills.... if you use a space heater, elevate it so it throws heat above the plant, not directly at it!

Instagram: @farmerjim420
      What is VPD?
      diygrowdata.com

Completed:
      #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
      Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
      In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
      In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
      • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
      • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
      • #diyrdwc
      • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

While working in my grow room I set a hammer on top of my grow tent. The hammer slid right through a vent hole in the top and totally demolished on of my plants on it way to the ground.

Comment

DUMB,While vacuuming up runoff after watering I've sucked a branch into the shop vac ripping the crap out of all the leaves. (Twice)
          DUMBER,First grow I had 2 LED light panels way too close during flowering I was burning the crap out of the plants but thought it was a deficiency.
          DUMBEST, Of course transplanting during flowering into high Nitrogen soil and almost immediately getting N toxicity.
          All good learning experiences.

Comment

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            I've done the vacuum thing too.

1. Opening grow box door during flower after dark to show a friend cuz I was too high to look at the time. One plant (expensive Green Crack) hermied and had to be removed.
          2. Not thoroughly washing down grow box and all utensils after nanners had sprayed pollen, and seeds showed up on next grow.
          3. Couple of years ago, I showed my grow to someone I shouldn't have. Nothing happened--yet--but this one's definitely DUMBEST.
          Last edited by alltatup; 05-19-2018, 06:35 PM.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

The dum stuff that I have done to my girls over the years has led me to believe that I’m going straight to plant hell when I go! Overwatering,mixing the wrong nutes, ph,and stunning in anyway possible,breaking branch’s,wind and light burn not to mention bugs! To just name a few of the dumbest. Still growing strong, and allways willing to tryout something new that sounds good.😎 Never give up and keep the faith.Lol
            Last edited by Potted; 05-19-2018, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Showing my sister in law my grow and letting her know how smart I thought I am about growing. Now she wants me to grow her a plant - maybe I should rent out the space?
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah - depending on her attitude, could be like 3 - 4 bucks a gram.

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                She only gets 20% and that's being generous 😉.

• WeirdWiredWolf
                WeirdWiredWolf commented
                Editing a comment
                A few of my roomie's friends who grow (wish I'd known about this when I was looking for a plantsitter) are asking me for cuttings...hmmm, maybe a plant-swap is in order. That could be fun.

Dropping a light on the plant. Twice.

Comment

• Pyro1711
                Pyro1711 commented
                Editing a comment
                ohhhh did that!!!! But the damn plant lived!

leaving clones under 24 hours of light. doubled the time to root an were less healthy.

Comment

Dumb- Letting plants wilt before water (not paying attention)

Dumber- Running out of weed cause I 'traded' too much

Dumbest- Naked in the grow room

Still fighting all these issues you guys are my support group thanks for bearing with me.

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The book title could be Fifty Shades of Green.

• Chefbjy
                  Chefbjy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol bet you got sticky all over.

• SkunkyMunky
                  SkunkyMunky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Depending on the lights, was thinking sunburnt downstairs.....

Dumb: I keep bumping my head on the light fixtures. I never learn.

Dumber: Tape measure slipped off my hand, and fell smack on top of a potential cola, snapping it in half. Yea, I'm clumsy like that.

Dumbest: Accidentally dropped PPM/EC meter into nutrient reservoir, rendering it useless afterward (this backs up my above statement that I'm clumsy lol). It was a cheap one, so no worries. In my defense, I took good care of that meter. Lasted me a good 6 years.
                Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
                White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Dumber- nursing sick plants and spending more time/effort/money than simply replanting new!
                  It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Having my grow room in an area where my heat system/water heater/ plumbing/ and air conditioner is. 3000 square foot basement. Had to have a repairman come and took me almost 5 hours to move all that.

Put them back after so of course my hot water heater went out. State inspector has come check all new gas appliances here. Oh did i mention these were not babies or even regular size plants in 12 gallon air pots that had just been watered. Uggg

Comment

• Californiakid
                      Californiakid commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dude your basement is bigger than my house and garage combined. Lol
                      Thats awesome!

• Redwasp
                      Redwasp commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I bought it for the basement.

• Californiakid
                      Californiakid commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I like your style my friend 👍

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X