No announcement yet.

Noob but I learn quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. I'm going to try to do this in the order I did the plants. Plant 1 pic then EC out pic same with plant 2 then EC in pic. 1104 is the nute EC in. Probably gonna edit in a sec to add more info. Gotta look something up.
    *Ok couldn't find it. But is it just me or are the stems on plant 1 turning purple? Think I remember reading somewhere that that is a problem. Can't find it atm... But there they are growing to beat all... let me know what you think.
    Side note.... Gotta revamp the water destiller. Not doing nearly enough.
    Last edited by SkunkyMunky; 05-18-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Ok just a paranoia on the stem color. Checked EC out all weekend. Was a little high (+250ish) friday. Running closer to +175 yesterday. Going to check again when I get there. Hopefully still in +150-200 range. Probably transplant tonight.

Comment

Voice typing but okay so I didn't get to do any of that. county mounty is right outside the house I just got in watered and got the hell out but yeah I guess there was some s*** going on yeah typical small-town b******* so I didn't get to do any numbers or any of that but it will be okay plants look good.
        They weren't even looking at the house so it's all good. Definitely getting a scrubber as a just in case.

Comment

Got to spend some time with the girls today. They check out well and one of them might end up with a three way manifold. Growth points on 3rd node started growing when one side of primary decided not to. Got them transplanted and OMG they were about to bind up in the cups. Should have taken root pics. But hindsight 20/20 and all that. My pretty little typical plant has darker stems that I thought were purplish the other day. Not purple but definitely darker veins in the stem. Not a clue if that is foreshadowing or not. But everything else seems to be in order. Numbers good at +135 and 160 respectively. The other plant decided it wanted to jump the growth points into foliage instead of letting the primary go ahead. Here's some pics.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Excellent! It all sounds great
            What is your inflow EC? How often are you fertigating these days?

• SkunkyMunky
            SkunkyMunky commented
            Editing a comment
            Inflow is right around 1100, can't rember off the top of my head, that's target in anyway. Gotta mix another batch tonight. One a day since they're in the bigger pots. Thinking about going to EOD since they went into 3 gallon instead of one gallon (they disappeared ). Feeding is in the evening, "morning" for the plants. Just started that yesterday though so gonna give it a few days before I go to every other day, if I do. Might have to drop the EC closer to 1000 because temps are climbing, in and out of tent. I'll have to check my guage but i think it starts hot and then cools off as their "day" goes on.

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            I advise against EOD!
            Keep it daily at least - And remember fertigation is not just about water. You manage water, nutrition, and EC with fertigation. It is important to fertigate in Coco even if plants don't appear to need water because of EC in particular.

Definitely not running EOD. But I'm a little confused... just tended the girls and my runoff was way high. My typical lady was running + 600 EC difference and the other was over 1600 off.... is that even possible??? Was just fine yesterday.... double checked meter on destilled water.. read 14 EC... it was cheap water.... So made sense there but a total reading of 2776? Wtf over? My nutes in today were 1097 EC. My mind just shut down.... how the hell?
          * 7 pints apiece with about 1.5 pint runoff... roughly 21%
          * wouldn't something in the 2776 EC range just kill the plant?
          Last edited by SkunkyMunky; 05-23-2018, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            I suspect a sample error. It is not reasonable for EC to climb that high that quickly. But a couple questions

How long had it been since prior fertigation?

Did this event have a higher or lower inflow quantity than last event?

How were the samples taken (possibilities for contamination)?

2776 is not healthy, so if that is an accurate reading you'll need to address, but Something doesn't add up.

Wait, how big are your pots... That is entirely too much water needed to get run-off.

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            So, I am now thinking that your fertigation frequency may need to be increased (rather than reduced!), but waiting to hear your response.

BTW: I give about 1 quart per 5gallon pot to get 20% run-off!!! You should be aiming to water frequently enough that you can match that ratio (depending on pot size)

Less than 24 hours since last. Higher inflow quantity. Syringed up 120mL to test. Went to 3 gal . 1gal bags disappeared on me. Set up for lights on at night to keep temps down. Started once a day fertigation yesterday. I'll have to get my ass up early to get them in the morning.
          * mixing nutes for morning now.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            But if that much water is evaporating/transpiring then it actually could be possible to crack EC up that high.

Something still doesn't add up though. Be sure to test run-off again at next event - hopefully it was just a fluke

• SkunkyMunky
            SkunkyMunky commented
            Editing a comment
            Just reset my thermometer so I can see how hot it gets tomorrow. Plants are taller now than when I watered them. Still don't think it should be that high though. But the other plant is at 1702 so either way I'm probably going to have to flush them.... grow is 6pm to 10am.

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            It shouldn't be that high, but you also shouldn't be able to put so much water into them.
            I'm not sure that a flush is needed yet... I'd do another fertigation as normal and gather more data.

Yep at this rate I'm gonna have to set up a watering system edges were dry. Only took a quart and about a pint runoff. Tested in the same range on both. 2776 EC dropped to 2660s, 1702 EC went up to 1800s. Got a 3 day weekend so I'll figure something out this weekend for a watering system. Gonna need 4x fertigate daily at this rate, maybe more.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            OK, The numbers seem accurate. I think now that you probably should flush them down to the correct EC range. Then going forward, you will be able to stay right on top of any issues.

I doubt that 4x is needed once you resolve the problem, but 2x increasing to 3x would be ideal, so yes drip system FTW

Did a flush with the time I have in dark mode, brought it down into 1500s on both. 3 hrs of sitting and I'll fertigate after light kicks on and see what is does. Had to do a plain water flush. Florakleen won't be here until 31st. I ordered a cheesy little watering system I think might work. It's kind of cheap but it looks like it'll work well enough, just have to get a bubble rock for tank. Check out the waterer and let me know you think.

Comment

• SkunkyMunky
            SkunkyMunky commented
            Editing a comment
            Just ferted. Runoff came in 1417 EC out for typical and 1340s for tri lady. Wasn't sure how much extra to give so I kept it moderate at 1200 EC. I'll check in the morning and see how well they're doing.

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks reasonable. Just a pump lines and timer but price is good. At first glance seems good but I’m on my phone so haven’t really investigated
            Ec numbers seem much better

• SkunkyMunky
            SkunkyMunky commented
            Editing a comment
            I know the feeling, phone is all I have out here and that is just barely ,unless I go to town. I can lay in bed and use it but thats the only place I get a usable signal at my house
            *If the numbers stay reasonable that would be great.

Ok. The ladies were both in the upper 1400s for runoff EC this morning and that was 13 hours into their "day". So I'll fert and check again when I get off work.

Comment

Ladies are doing great since the flush. Put an 1155 EC in and got 1297 and 1182 out and the 2700 is the one that gave me the low number. Gonna have to cut their heads off soon.

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Off with their heads!

Numbers are great!

Off with their heads.... done. Didn't realize but the tri lady is almost ready for second stage of manifold. I went ahead and knocked her down to two instead of waiting for third to catch up. Three nodes behind. The other is still a typical little lady. Numbers are still good gonna have to up nute levels. Numbers are dropping rapidly and tri lady brought EC out 10 points lower than in. Of course topping will delay a bit but definitely need to up nutes to flip region. Really thinking about 14-1500s on EC when I get the waterer. They seem to grow faster in elevated EC.

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, you can and should work them up to 14-1500 if run-off stays good. Give em a couple days to show good growth after decapitation then gradually raise EC with each fertigation.
              You are doing great!

Girls are doing good. Numbers on the one are sill coming out on low side, but not much and the EC out is going up as I raise EC in. Gap is closing. Trying to hit that range of explosive growth. How long should I wait to do stage 2 of manifold? The one was already on 3rd node of phase 2 when I chopped.

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds good!
              I do the second topping as soon as possible - no need to wait once three nodes are in place.
              I trim growth tips, but leave fan leaves for now (For example from the second node).

Explosive growth sets in after they recover from second topping and continues through the stretch. I have little doubt that you will see it soon enough

Ok so I've graduated up th 1500 EC in. The girls are slowly climbing but one is sticking @ 1150 out plus or minus. Just a time factor? Wait to see what it is in the morning. Watering system should be here tomorrow also.

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              No, I don't think the issue is from moving too fast... I also don't think it is a problem and expect that it will resolve itself.

Even though you moved up pretty quick, the EC in the rootzone is apparently making the transition much more gradually.

• SkunkyMunky
              SkunkyMunky commented
              Editing a comment
              God i hate being a noob at this. But that's how you learn. I guess I kinda know what a parent would feel like if their kid got sick or developed a weird cough....

OMG RED ALERT .... APOCALYPSE IS NEAR!

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I was absolutely like that on my first grow and in some ways still am!

You are doing great! I am confident that you are on top of things and everything seems great so far!

Ok everything is starting to line out EC out on both in 1400s still not quite kosher but improving. Plants growth just took off, so thinking 1400 to 1500 is the right move. Going to work on the water still this weekend. Building a solar still (hopefully). In a couple days I'll be hacking off the advanced plant, already starting on node 5. Typical lady is a couple nodes behind, starting 3rd node. But noticeable growth by both just since this morning.

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Great! Yes absolutely, if they like the 1500 keep them there, certainly reasonable. Just watch that run-off stays in range.
              It is fun to watch them take off as they find their “feet”.

Well I got everything set up. Built a deck and other stuff for the parents. Why I haven't been on. Got a little sidetracked and careless Had the auto waterer set for a quart each twice a day. Checked run off yesterday both in the upper 1800s EC out. Gonna drop back to 1350 EC in and split the ferigation to a pint every 6 hours, see if that helps keep it down. If not I'll bump it to every 4 hours. Quart and a half a day spread out should keep it almost even. I think that's a little much but if the numbers run low I can bump it back to 1500 in. If it's overwatering, I'll cut back to 5x daily of a pint. Have not flipped yet. Trying to get the other plant to catch up while I get everything evened back out from flushing...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X