No announcement yet.

Noob but I learn quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok girls are doing good but I have white crap starting to cover the outsides of the bags. It's not on the plants but it looks like that mildew crap. Was wondering a way to get rid of it. I'll be digging around for a bit.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      This does really show the importance of run-off!
      That is the stuff left behind in the media from evaporation too. It will build and build in the media unless there is adequate run-off to flush it out.
      When it forms on the sides of the pot like that it is not really a problem, but does suggest that watering frequency may be too low.
      When you think about water leaving the pot, it does so in two ways 1. Evaporation and transpiration, 2. run-off. The salt stains suggest that you might want to increase run-off relative to evaporation and transpiration. The best way to do this is increasing frequency, however, increasing quantity would be another (somewhat inferior) solution.
      That said, it isn't really a problem and will not harm your plants. You don't need to remove it.

• SkunkyMunky
      SkunkyMunky commented
      Editing a comment
      Right now I'm getting runoff from a little over a pint but I still do a quart. And I've started running a pint at midpoint of their day. That may be from when I popped up to 600w. Couldn't control the temp so stepped back down. It was in the 90s when the light was on.... so nope. Not until I get the central a.c. fixed. Just using a window unit.

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep! A hot dry day could have left those stains from excessive evaporation. So it probably is not an ongoing issue just a one time event that left evidence.

You are on top of it! Nothing to worry about

So i got to poking around. I missed it at flip but I'm only in my second week of flowering, should I go ahead and defoliate or wait? I'm already seeing the stretch a bit but that is pushed off to the side through LST, But one plant is especially dense. I'm already getting a few of the white hairs (brain shut down eminent, so I forgot what they're called). They look roughly the same size but the right plant has a much smaller manifold. Just kind of some randomized questions and observations before I pass out.... Captains log and all that.

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      I recommend lollipopping, but I do not recommend bud-based defoliation.
      You can lollipop whenever it needs it, there is no special time - but now is good!
      by Nebula Haze Lollipopping a growing cannabis plant means to remove most growth from the bottom of the plant that aren't getting light, while leaving untouched all the vegetation and bud sites at the top of the plant. This marijuana lollipopping tutorial will teach you how to increase your yields using this technique! "Lollipopping" means removing bottom growth (which isn't getting light) so that plant focuses on bud sites at the top

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      I will repeat my process before I flip or shortly after when doing a manifold. I strip them nearly naked before I flip but that's just me 😉. Bud based defoliating I'm still on the fence about...but it serves some people well.

• SkunkyMunky
      SkunkyMunky commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I'm too new to this to really bother trying that yet. But from what I've read it looks really doable, just a lot of clipping.

All is well in the backwoods. Had to flush again. temps were up due to the hps going in. Sitting in the low 80s right now, tent wise. Put another duct in, going straight to a.c. vent, it helps. Got some pretty little buds popping. Smells like heaven every time I open the tent. Screwed up and busted a cola stem, electrical taped and doing good. Seriously thinking about pulling clones to hold back for next round. I know you're supposed to get the buds off but not exactly sure how to go about it. Do you just nip the buds and leave leaf as much as you can? Read tutorial several times but still kind of unclear... Got high dome propagator and clonex but holding for info and a little bit more to work with... pics
    Attached Files

Comment

• SkunkyMunky
      SkunkyMunky commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I figured there was something specifically for that kind of damage, I'll get some for the future. But for now trying not to fix it till it breaks (worse). I taped it just gonna let it heal. The cloning was kind of a hindsight thing. Turns out I've got a fellow grower really close. Friend through a drinking club with a motorcycle problem... found that out at our last party... gonna pick his brain a bit... He's a dwc though. Close enough I guess. We talked for a few hours and he's the reason for the clone attempt. Possibly planning on a 2nd tent in perm veg... clone SoG. See if there's much yield difference. Might try a dwc setup. Just because of limitations on my time and availability. Options are still open.
      Campesino he mentioned clones of flowering plants can become freaky branched out monsters.... figured it wouldn't hurt to try. Yeah seeds will probably be my thing, gotta try cloning before I make that call though

• SkunkyMunky
      SkunkyMunky commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll probably just try clones for now. From a veg plant in the future.... that really sounds like a PITA ...

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Clones from flowering plants can take longer to root and will have some strange growth at first...if you want to preserve genetics it's a good idea. But like Campesino I'm partial to seeds.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X