No announcement yet.

First grow Special kush #1 / white widow grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the H2O2 3% that you find in pharmacies so my solution will be a bit different than yours. I add a 1/2 cup of H2O2 to 2 quarts of water and dip the roots in it for 5 minutes, remove and rinse with room temp water then place them back in my hydro buckets. I recall your solution is 29%? If so you would want to add 15mls of your H2O2 to 2 quarts of water to get a similar root dip solution.
    Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I added root pics when I just updated . Should I remove these brown roots or just treat them ? They are the last pics so you have to go to the end of them all .

It’s tough to tell in the pics wether it’s the beginning of rot or just staining, I would treat them to be on the safe side. I’m not a huge proponent of removing roots, as long as your vigilant about checking them you should be able to treat them early enough to save them.

Current Grows:

Completed Grows:

Comment

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I really don’t like to cut on my plants at all let alone the roots . I like to keep any citing to a minimum. I’m not even looking forward to topping them . But I’ll do anything to make sure they are healthy . I’m not sure if it is root rot because I don’t smell anything and they are not slimy. I was really going off the color alone . Fingers crossed .

You mentioned possibly using a Myco product, I use Orca by the makers of Great White, it’s their hydro version and it does help. It seems pricey at first ($33/16 oz. bottle)but I’m about 75% through the bottle I bought back in September and I’ve been treating 18 gallons a week since then so at this point it cost me less than $1 per week at their recommended dose.

Current Grows:

Completed Grows:

Comment

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I was going to get orca but I was told not to waste my money . But I’ll get some on pay day for sure.

5/25/2018

quick update

SK#1.1 : PH 6.0 PPM 774 WT 67
    she still looks good no signs of stress . Will top her in a day or two if she still shows no issues 6th node

WW: PH 6.0 PPM 273 WT 68
    she seems to be correcting the discoloration of the older leaves a bit. Started growing roots out of the next pot yesterday. 4th node

SK#1.2 : PH 6.0 PPM 265 WT 68
    good root growth and seems to be healthy over all . 4th node
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Plants are coming along nicely. Hopefully the Ww continues to recover.

So I went to the hydro store and got some myco finally . At this point I shouldn’t need anything else
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol I've said that to my wife several times. She just asks me every week if I'm going to the grow shop now. After our vacay she's all enthused about upgrades and genetics. Weather it be nutes soil meters fans lights she's excited that I have this hobby.

• Obi-Wan
      Obi-Wan commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been telling my wife I’m going to take down one off my tents for the last 6 months....and then I get more seeds or more clones or I want to try something different....now when I tell her she just rolls her eyes and says “Sure you will, when finally you get bored”.

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      My girlfriend is very cool about my grow . I have take. Over 1/2 the bedroom at this point . But she is really cool about it .

I think I have covered all my bases lol . I’m going to switch to advanced nutrient after I use all this up . I also may do some cutting from these and try coco out . So as far as nutes go I think I have covered my bases . Still need to get a 2nd light for my other tent so I can have a veg and a bloom tent at the same time . But it can wait a few weeks or even until after I harvest. I want to have both tents up and running by aug 11th for the dark harvest grow . That way I can cut clones for sure .

Comment

5/29/2018

i haven’t made a post in a few days so this is going to cover that time frame till now.

On may 26th I changed my res sk1.1 ph5.8 ppm 743 lowered the ppm a bit because I topped and she had been stressed a bit . Sk1.2 & WW where ph 5.6 ppm 375

On may 28th i topped sk1.2 & WW they both had there first 5 finger node so I topped there . Changed res again to ph 5.8 ppm 585 changes sk1.1 res too ph 5.8 ppm 897. This 900range is where I think I’m going to stay for veg .

Im going to move sk1.2 and WW up to 900 range over the next few days to a week

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good!

Today is day 35 for sk#1.1 and day 26 for WW and sk#1.2 I would like them to be a bit bigger but WW and sk#1.2 are just over 3 weeks and are now in veg and on mild veg strength nute and will be on full strength buy the end of the weekend. Sk#1.1 is about a week behind where I would like he to be . I expected about 3weeks from seed to start of veg . This is end of week 5 week and only 1 week into veg . Hopefully I can get these numbers down a bit for the dark harvest challenge. 35 days and she is still so small . 40days of veg for challenge with 21days going to seedling that doesn’t leave much time for aggressive nute levels . With some luck I can get seedling down to about 2 weeks . I have learned a few things over the last 5 weeks and I think I can do it . Going to need to make a few changes to my grow space other the next 2 months but I think everything will come together nicely by August.

Anyways got dentist this morning so I’ll be doing a res change and update this afternoon after my dark cycle .

I will be raising nute levels on WW and Sk#1.2 to 750 range . I have already topped sk#1.1 again this morning . Will likely top her 2 more times since I’m going to keep her in veg with the other 2 I can use the extra week or so of veg to get some more main branches. I’m looking to top the other 2 as soon as this node is a little bigger. Hopefully I can start bloom in about 3 weeks.

Comment

• Sockfilter
        Sockfilter commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, I got mine from Seedsman, so maybe not the same issue, however the pics look very similar and I am 100% sure that my issue is not Nutes, Ph or any other environmental issue.

I subbed to your grow so will be checking in with ya.. Thanks for the reply..

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Was it’s a Seedsman seed or just one they sold. Canuk is a Canadian company I think but they could still be same . I got my sk from same place but it’s royal Queen Seeds and you can get royal queen sk from Seedsman.

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        I ph my water daily and I make all my nutes for all 3 at once and just dilute it to the ppm I want for each plant . I mean it us likely that the ww is in need of something the sk isn’t . Or more of it . But I wouldn’t think it would cause a deficiency like this . I really think mine was just a special needs seed . But we love her just the same . Even with her short arm and patchy complexion.

6/1/2018

ok so I didn’t get the res changed yesterday but I did it first thing this morning when I got home from work.

I have stopped tracking water temp as it goes up and down so much it was almost impossible to get an accurate tracking. I have had no further root issues since adding the hydroguard armor si and orca. I may need to add orca to my signature though (besides the point) now on with the show.

SK#1.1 : ph 5.6 ppm 923
      i topped her for the 2nd time yesterday. She is growing good and her roots have exploded. No visible issues or concerns.

WW: ph 5.6 ppm 663
      she looks like her discolored leaves are dying off . Even on the leafs that only had some discolored areas only the discolored area is looking effected . Her roots look healthy and have grown greatly. Will bump up the ppm Sunday when I do another res changes . Target ppm will be 750.

SK#1.2: ph 5.6 ppm 663
      this girl is growing well but is the only one of the three that still has discolored roots . It doesn’t seem to be effecting her much either way and everything looks to be growing well. I gave her roots a rinse just to be safe and I will keep an eye on them over the next week or so . Will bump up the ppm Sunday when I do another res changes . Target ppm will be 750.

it has been a good week over all. No issues with any of my ladies and good growth all around .

Comment

• Sockfilter
        Sockfilter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks DWD, I will let you know if anything gets sideways on my somewhat autistic WW girl..

Awesome on the WW in coco, just be very mindful of what happens within coco, the whole CATION exchange issue which can screw up the whole numbers game of our nute profile, pertaining to ppms. I use to be all about the numbers, and I do check the ppms, just not religiously anymore, I just talk to them and see what they are saying visually, using a Base N-P-K of 100-100-200 and fine tuning from their..

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Cation exchange is not an issue if the coco is properly buffered! But yeah it’ll cause havoc if it isn’t.

• Sockfilter
        Sockfilter commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed Camp, I am going to reach out to you our your COCO-grow guide as it appears you have the knowledge to further expand on all the OLD-school research I have done on Lucas and H3AD's in regards the right profiles when dealing with coco and proper Buffering. I plugged your nute profile into the old nute calculator and appears you are having great success at 1/2 the old school 100n-100p-200k-60mg recommendations as you are coming out really close to 50-50-100-30. Less nutes, less money, less waste..

Ok I did some real aggressive training today . Trimmed some suckers away could trim more but with everything else I figured they had enough stress. I did a bit of topping on all of them . Any node or aux node that was bigg enough to top or pinch got clipped in some form . super cropping was an experience lmao . Scary but very basic . They have already bounced back and all the nodes are already visually changing direction and becoming tops . I damaged sk#1.1 a little. The stock was so think but she seems fine. Put some tape on the bend of all the girls just to add some support and protection. Going to have to do some bend and secure as she branches outward . This was really a grab bag of different training techniques I wanted to try . All 3 plants are the same size now XD it’s no longer an issue .

Comment

• Sockfilter
        Sockfilter commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good DWD, hows the new growth looking on WW as from what I can see, still some deformity and patchy yellow spots..

What's your current nute profile on her?

Thanks..

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        She is still a little patchy but looks ok

Update . Nicely redirected 😬 I’m very happy I decided to do this . I really didn’t want to at first but I’m glad I did .

Comment

• fwril
        fwril commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting, I'm new here my self first grow. I debated between soil or hydro. Decided soil would be simpler for me. Really cool to see someone doing hydro and it going well for them.
        Can I ask you you super cropped them all at the base like that? Did you just want to keep them as short as possible?

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the training and it'll pay dividends
        I can't remember if I have mentioned this to you already (I say it a lot), but when I see sticky tape on plants I have to recommend grafting tape instead.
        Grafting tape sticks to itself rather than the plant, allows the plant to grow because it stretches, and can be removed without causing plant injury. It is what professional horticulturalists use and it only costs $4. Plants will heal much quicker from supercropping injuries or any other injury if wrapped in grafting tape.

Grafting Tape $4 http://a.co/bqo6OIt

• DankwingDuck
        DankwingDuck commented
        Editing a comment
        I will do that. I used what was sitting here . But I’ll get some of that

6/4/2018

sk#1.1 / sk#1.2 / ww

ph 5.7 ppm 885

All look healthy and recovering well after training . Moved Ww & 1.2 up to nute range same as 1.1 . Got my humidity and temp locked in finally . It sits nicely at 77-83 and 40-50 rh so I’m happy about that . Lights have been moved around and lowered . Re did my vent system so I could move the light around and it still be hooked up.

Comment

fwril i am sry I just seen your comment didn’t mean to ignore it . I would have liked to crop them about 2 nodes up but I don’t believe it makes much of a difference . It will stand back up enough so it doesn’t sit on the ground. In fact I have had to tie it down 2 times since I cropped just to keep it even . Just look up some good training techniques and go for it that’s what I did. I feel like a combo . I was going to just tie it down but i wanted to step upside my confront zone and just go for it . And I’m ADD so I’m very impulsive. I had to cut a few branches away when I cropped it just because the way it was laying. And I broke on small branch of . So be careful and take you time .

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          I lost count of the branches I've broken and the limbs I've taped up. It's really a learning process and getting the feel for your plants literally. Now my wife asks me "why are you being so rough on them?" I just say duh!!...lol but I know how beautiful they'll be when I'm done 😉.

Topped all nodes on all 3 plants today . Doing res change and full update tomorrow .

Comment

Quick overdue update
          Changed res a few times
          ph 5.8 ppm 945

been training my plant ant so they cover the lid of the 5 gallon bucket. They are looking good . The WW is the smallest by far But is looking well . A few more weeks of veg and she should be to the size I want .

Will be be moving across the country in another week or so . So I’m just working on getting them ready for that . I don’t think it will be an issue

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Moving across the country in a week!? Won't be an issue!?
            Wow
            I would love to know how you plan to pull this off!

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Right? Wow I hope it goes as smooth as you hope it to. Transitioning into another place is difficult enough without lugging around a dwc. Across country with dwc please let us know how you manage to accomplish lugging around your grow 😃.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X