• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6/17/2018

changes res’

ph5.9

ppm 850

painted all the buckets white . And foiled the lid this morning 6/19/2018. Also drilled holes for the air hoses and put them in with the rubber bushing I had . Did some more training . Looking pretty good in general .
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s a work in progress . This is grow one . It can only get better . I’m going to veg till they fill 3x3 space between the three of them . You

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      DankwingDuck Looks good!
      Remember that they do most of their growing AFTER the flip to 12/12! If you wait for the tent to be filled before you flip, then you will have serious space issues later on!
      So, good news really - you are closer than you thought!

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not waiting for them to fill the full 4x4 in veg just to fill the last d of the bucket . Just waiting on the widow really . I only want it to be about 3x3 - 3-x2.5 when it’s full size .

To be honest I’m moving next Monday. Was think about switching them when I set it up there
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

About 3.25 sf total between all 3 plants . I was hoping for closer to 5-6sf but I guess we will have to wait and see how it goes .

Comment

Untied the ladies and let them do their own thing for a few days . Will do a res change in the morning

Comment

So my plants and I made it to Florida no issues , they seem to be doing well in the new grow room . They have grown some even . I expected them to be stunned from the trip . But no issues .

i used power inverters to run everything except the lights for the trip . They did very well with the set up in my suv and after I give them a week to recover from the stress I will begin flowering . So far so good no issues .

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow grats on getting those babies to your new pad...looking forward to watching. 😃

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            And y’all thought they would have trouble on the trip 😜. Nothing a few power inverters couldn’t fix .

I will be starting a Large Grow at the beginning of the year I have 37 acres in Florida . And me and three other people are partnering to work commercial license . If all goes as it has already been planned it Will start in January . Being as that I have the land in the $10,000 for the commercial license as well as the financial backing from three other people for all the equipment totaling about $200,000 investment between all three . Me being a new Grower I wouldn’t attempt really this . I have picked a lot of good knowledge with this . Two of which already have successful caretaker grows with 60 and 70 plants so their experience plus my land Is keys to this operation that we are planning. With some luck I’ll be able to make a living off of this and I hope to bring you guys along for the journey to watch and see our success or failure . I’m very optimistic with the investors and growers that I’ve picked for this and I’m very excited about next year .

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            That's great!! Hope you can get things all sorted out as far as procuring licencing and such. Lots of book work and legalities to deal with 😉. I was reading some and thought this may interest you.

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            I plan for it do be a fight and plan to be denied a few times but it is what it is . Either way . We will be starting using the house and a normal caretaker card and when we get a com license I have already plotted out where everything is going to go . I have a large barn on the land now and we will build more from there . Lucky my one friend is a carpenter and the other and electrician . So all work can be done in house .

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            So I’m pretty sure I got an investor for the capital we will need for a commercial license . Here in Florida you need 2 million dollars to qualify for the licensing but it is easy to assume I personally don’t have that kinda money . But I did come up with 200k and I have someone willing to put up 1/2 of the needed amount . So still a little way to go and nothing set in stone yet because I’m not willing to give up 50% of the business. But if we can agree on some numbers it is looking like a strong possibility.

I’m also working on acquiring land in Michigan depending on how the new marijuana laws in Florida play out. So if it doesn’t work here will move it there instead

Comment

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Florida is only relevant Because I already own land there

I think my plants are liking the Florida humidity lmao

all i I can say is wow
          they grew like crazy the 4 days I was gone

i got got some training a res change and a flip to flower to do
          full update coming in a few hours

Comment

Ok so I feel I need to update my nute schedule so I’ll start with that . I changed it at my last feeding and used it for this feeding too

this is ml/3gallons . As I use 3 gallons in each res currently

6ml hydro guard
            3ml orca
            3ml armor si
            8ml calimagic

^these 4 go in before anything else in this order.

8ml micro
            10ml gro
            5ml bloom
            8ml diamond nectar
            8ml flora blend
            2ml rapid start
            1ml floralicious plus

^these 7 are added in this order.

this gives me a ppm of about 550 give or take 10ppm

this is is the ppm for all 3 ladies
            with this dosage I get a perfect 5.6 ph which I really like because I don’t have to adjust it and add unnecessary product to my water .
            The plants seem to like this ratio and after my last res change I got about 1/2 inch of upward growth per day and my plant really filled in some of its thinner areas . Over the last week I also saw about 5-6 inches of outward growth. Have to say I’m very happy which this new dosage. And I will be using this ratio as my baseline for veg for now on and deluding it down for earlier veg stages .

This is only took a little trial and error but I finally got it to a good range that makes my plants and my wallet happy

so quick recap

SK#1.1/ SK#1.2/ WW

ppm 550 ph 5.6

very noticeable growth over this last week .

All 3 seem happy and healthy .

no signs of Stress deficiency or toxicity.
            i was going to flower them today but I need to wait one more week as I will be having to move these ladies one more time to there final home about 2 hrs south of where I am currently . ( my house wasn’t ready when I got here so they are currently at my mothers house )

i cropped and topped the ladies one more time to get my canopy a little bigger before flower . They are currently a total of 4.5sf of canopy coverage . And I would like to see them cover about 6sf total .

They will I’ll get a scrog net the day I flip them to flower and I am aiming for no more then 10 inches in hight when they start flower. They are currently sitting at a beautiful 7 inches tall . I have not tied them back down yet but it is looking like I’m going to have to because they stood back up completely from being super cropped in about an hour. But I’m going to Check them throughout the day and see if I can work them down so I don’t have to tie them down. But I will do so if it is needed .

Comment

They looking healthy as anything. Nutrients is really my weak area. Although i have some pretty good understanding in the biology, i have left little focus in the practice. I put so much energy into plant biology and light physics. Im actually glad Campesino has taken the privilage to learn the science of hydroponics.
              Written Articles:
              Light Metric Systems
              Using Light Efficiently
              The Light Cycle Debate
              Environment Conditions
              Grow Light Technologies
              How To Compare Grow Lights
              To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
              Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
              Facebook
              Twitter
              Instagram

Comment

• DrPhoton
                DrPhoton commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha, as long as your having fun ey

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Always

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                It really isn’t a big deal I have had them tied down for week was trying to let them branch out and do their thing . They are getting a net once I flower them . So it will all even out then .

Going to post this here to avoid further highjack of BurningTeddy ‘s feed.

This is is my reply to your questions as well as Campesino ‘s responses on this feed:
              Hello! I'm a first time grower, about a week into 12/12 after 5 weeks from seed. I'm using a 3.5x3.5x6 grow tent with a 315w cmh light. 435 cfm exhaust fan

First, though I strongly agree with a lot of things Campesino says I do not agree with doing any real seed work in a commercial grow. It has a failure rate which even when it’s minimized is problematic especially when your legality relates to stalks not canopy. You want every legal stalk in the ground to be a success. You want to know how much it will produce, how it likes to grow, everything should be as repeatable as possible and you should remove as many variables as humanly possible. This will ensure the even quality of your crop as well as giveyou much more accurate and repeatable results. With clones cut directly from the mother stalk you will ensure that every plant in the facility has the exact same characteristics, growth rate, flowering time, and yield %. The exact same DNA!!!. When you’re talking business plans your talking repeatable profitability. Predictable timelines, harvest schedules, growth, and yield provide essential building blocks of a successful farming organization. When it comes down to it, in a capitalist society, it doesn’t matter what you’re doing or growing, it only matters what’s in the books this is stuff CEOs think about. Bottom line, logistics of functionality, maximizing profitability... You need to think like a rich man to become one.

now I’m not going to provide a whole lot of information in this post, instead I’m going to ask some essential questions that will aid me in helping you brainstorm ways of maximizing a 3000 square foot grow area when given the limitations of legality.

first describe the grow space. Is it a home? Multiple rooms and corridors? Or 3000 square feet of warehouse grow space? You mentioned land and possibly outdoor growth? If outdoor is an option it’s critical you include that in your reply.

clones! Since you’re already planning to go with the right route let’s get deeper into it. Do you plan to keep your own mother stalk? Will that be included in the 72 plant limit? If you don’t plan to keep your own, who do you plan on getting it from? Make sure you know they’re reputable and legal to operate. Make sure they test their stalk and verify they’re not using companies known for falsifying thc content results in their testing. (It happens WAY more than you’d think. It’s actually quite profitable for the lab) If you plan to keep your own stalk you will need to develop a tried and true phenotype identification program and grow a large mother stalk to find your perfect girl. You can then get an aeroponic cloning system that will root the fastest possible and that would remove the cost of RW cubes. It’s a whole process that will require a dedicated space for which will subtract from potential grow areas but... Not impossible. Usually easier and cheaper to leave it to a local clone nursery and let them do the work. Most legal states have them available for commercial/medical growers. This brings me to the next pro! If you buy from a nursery the clones should already be rooted, removing the time in the dome, they can go directly to veg

next set of questions, mediums!? What type of mediums are you planning to do this 72 plant grow op in? Startup Cost is going to be a big deal especially when convincing investors or clients. Mediums can make or break a grow operation. I’m hoping you’re not planning to DWC all 72 plants...

please give me a good understanding on the local laws and guidelines related to the operation. Is it JUST FLAT OUT 72 PLANT MAX. Or does each plant have to be in a certain phase etc. do they count cuttings/seedlings? (I’m almost positive they do) give me a link if you can’t tell me but if you can’t tell me, you should probably gain a deeper understanding lol

after those questions are answered I’ll have a much brighter picture of the operation and be able to provide further input at a much greater level of detail.

Look forward to the the continuation of this conversation!!!

Aloha!
              Perpetual harvest
              Sealed Room
              Full hydro
              Ebb and Flow
              Hydroton Media
              600w HPS
              GH Nutrients

Current Grow:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Explain your uugghh please lol

• BillBates
                BillBates commented
                Editing a comment
                "Uuggghhh" at enthusiasm for "digging on regulations"

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah it’s a pain

The 3000sf consist of a “warehouse” It is split between 3 building and is about 1500sf for one and almost even split between the other 2 I used to own a law care business before my divorce and the property is what I ended up with after the divorce . The property also includes a 5bedroom home almost another 3000sf

Comment

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Media: I really love my dwc but I don’t see it working as well on larger scale then coco or soil . So coco is the plan .

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                So as far as law if I understand it correctly I can have 12 plants on my personal grow with the care taker license this allows me 72 with myself and 5 patients . For each of them I can only have 6 of those 12 in flower .

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                All plants are counted so this includes clones veg bloom mother’s everything . 72flat period. Florida’s laws are very new so they are subject to change and still very loosely layed out . So to say it will be this or that in a year or two I’m unsure . Which is a reason why I’m looking into acquiring land in Michigan if Florida doesn’t work out. Florida only became relevant because I already own the property here.
                Last edited by DankwingDuck; 07-04-2018, 08:52 AM.

Campesino I would love for you to provide any type of scientific evidence to support to your claims because clones are exact genetic copies from the mother. Cut at the same time/size they will have the same characteristics and growth as their mother. And as I suggested, if bought from a nursery, time and effort as well as infrastructure go out the window. There’s no need to worry about rooting time or labor. You’re cost just increases $7-$10 per plant. Which is on par if not less than fem seeds. This operational cost is invaluable due to all the processes you’ve just skipped and can be easily justified on a profit and loss statement provided to an investment partner. The reason you’re considering cloning an “old habit” is because you’ve never ran a commercial grow where you’re restricted to stalks in the ground. If he lived in a completely legal state where seeds sown weren’t considered an illegal plant I’d tell him sure, go with seed, and pop as many as possible. But with a number as low as 72 plants and the desire to obtain a 12 pounds a month return on those 72 plants he has no room to play with failed germination, runts, mutations, and other common seed related problems.

Im going to tag team this post with a question to DankwingDuck . How many varieties are you planning to cultivate each year? You will want to plan ahead and decide what strains of mothers you want for this fiscal cycle. Then plant your mother crop in advance I need a number so I can see how many plants we will have to subtract from our 72 max.
              Perpetual harvest
              Sealed Room
              Full hydro
              Ebb and Flow
              Hydroton Media
              600w HPS
              GH Nutrients

Current Grow:

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

• Obi-Wan
                Obi-Wan commented
                Editing a comment
                I totally agree!! The only thing I can add is that when selecting a medium you may want to look into environmental regulations as well. It’s not a coincidence that 50% of commercial growers choose soil as their medium. Environmental runoff of chemical nutrients is high on the list of violations for commercial hydroponic growers.

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                I have 37acees so the plan is once I get to that level that will be outside and that would be soil . Not to say that an indoor grow isn’t still going to take place .

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                I love you guys sometimes . So much debate and information exchange , this is exactly what I was hoping for .

Campesino I’m saying that any form of hydro, be it dwc or coco wouldn't be economical given the run off. Growing on a commercial scale from a financial stand point is easier if done in composted soil.

To clone or not clone commercially....if it were me I would pay to test each harvest and run seeds...I could test and verify each batch, and give the customer piece of mind...profit oriented CEO’s are driven by profit, long term planning CEO’s are driven to produce quality at a sustainable rate, because at the end of the day,quality drives the market and sustainably keeps it moving.
              Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Originally posted by Obi-Wan View Post
                Campesino I’m saying that any form of hydro, be it dwc or coco wouldn't be economical given the run off. Growing on a commercial scale from a financial stand point is easier if done in composted soil.

To clone or not clone commercially....if it were me I would pay to test each harvest and run seeds...I could test and verify each batch, and give the customer piece of mind...profit oriented CEO’s are driven by profit, long term planning CEO’s are driven to produce quality at a sustainable rate, because at the end of the day,quality drives the market and sustainably keeps it moving.
                With limitations on plants being so low it would handicap the operation. Quality control and advanced testing can be done by a third party and save the company valuable resources especially at a startup stage. He’s not growing 100k square feet of canopy... he doesn’t need each plant to go to the lab. he’s growing 72 plants. He needs a qualified nursery that already does all that and provide the farmer with a quality product to start from. Any experienced medical grower will have each harvest tested for potency and quality so I don’t understand what you’re meaning by have every batch tested?

As a farmer I consider my job solely focused on product quality at the highest sustainability possible. Those are key building blocks to a successful farm, of any kind, and I assume he’s got that handled if he thinks he can produce commercially...

I’m trying to get you all to think beyond Cannabis and into commercial farming. Where you begin to count pennies to make your profit. My company makes money off of lettuce, and cooking herb varieties. These are crops with much smaller profit margins and a lot less room for error. I’m trying to instill the fact that we can all dream about growing for a job and say oh if it was my grow I’d only use seed. But when you’ve got someone to answer to, and for lots of money, you make sure that profitability is at the top of your list... without quality and sustainability you will not achieve real profitability... I’m not saying your wrong just a step behind
                Perpetual harvest
                Sealed Room
                Full hydro
                Ebb and Flow
                Hydroton Media
                600w HPS
                GH Nutrients

Current Grow:

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X