Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here!! My first attempt at growing...anything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here!! My first attempt at growing...anything.

Hello!

I'm a first time grower, about a week into 12/12 after 5 weeks from seed.

I'm using a 3.5x3.5x6 grow tent with a 315w cmh light. 435 cfm exhaust fan with carbon filter. Passive intake through a home made 5 gallon bucket swamp cooler with a small fan on the help while lights are on.

I'm growing some bagseed from a friend and currently have 12 plants in 2 gallon pots in this space, to much I know. I have 4 confirmed females with 2 more close to showing. I also have 5 showing male sacs but giving them a few more days (a week?) just to be certian.

Plants were fed their first set of fox farms trio notes this morning before light went out.

Looking forward to learning from all you guys!

I like your little sog set up . It’s cute . You should get a decent harvest . I’m subbing and will be along for the ride till you harvest . 👍👍👍
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

I have to agree, you have the beginnings of a nice-looking SOG going on there. Hopefully you get the females you need. How many plants are you hoping to fit in there? Welcome btw.
      Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
      White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

I was hoping for 6 females at around 3ft tall max so I'll think I'll hit that mark. Didnt veg very long or do any kind of training as it's my first grow and want to make sure I can keep the environmental conditions right and see it successfully through before I do anything crazy.

Comment

• Cannabliss
          Cannabliss commented
          Editing a comment
          You sound like you did your research before diving into the stress-relieving world of weed-growing. You're off to a great start. Good luck on your journey my friend.

Thanks Campesino I've already flipped when they broke 12" as I didnt know how many would end up female and wanted options if i ended up with more than 6. Today is their 7th day under 12/12.

Comment

If you cut clones from your females now . You won’t have to wonder which is going to be female next time . It is a very basic process and there is information here to get you on the right track .
          DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• BurningTeddy
            BurningTeddy commented
            Editing a comment
            I have some seeds on the way from NirvanaShop because I'd like to know what strains I'm growing. Like to have a sativa for the wife and an indica for me. Going to do a few autos first I think to get some bud stock up before I scrog only 2 plants.

I’m working on a 1 pound per 4x4 scrog set up . Which can be done with one plant but I’m currently using 3 . But you need longer veg tins to achieve this . I’m currently 2 months into veg . And they are getting there for sure . If you wanna discuss scroging and making monster plants I’m always down for some good conversation. While I am still new to this in my own grow I have assisted in the grow of a friend and also done many hours of research on the subject . I’m going for a style that reflex’s the YouTube grower hygro hybrid . His plants are crazy insane and he gets 1 pound per plant on adverage . This is down using a lot of simple techniques and scroging . As well as a 90day veg time .

Comment

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m always interested to hear what you have to say . I look up to you a great deal . And I always listen to everything you have to say . Please please speak openly and don’t ever think I am not 110% interested in your input .

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Sry camp just saw this comment . We can discuss this more on my journal

• freddyyola
            freddyyola commented
            Editing a comment
            ive seen some hygrohybrid stuff on youtube he does has some monsters!!

Originally posted by Campesino
          Yes, I understand the scale of your plans.
          If your plant count is limited by law then it makes sense.

There are just a number of things that I would do differently, but I'm not sure that you are interested in hearing them.
          agree Campesino

Under personal opinion I believe (if you’re not worried about plant count due to legality) you could get the same yield from that awesome space with less time, work, and effort training if you just grew more plants and focused on maximizing yield per kilowatt hour... my commercial investors are businessmen who only look at numbers. Extra veg time is a longer turnaround on my money, it’s more labor which is the most expensive cost, and overall bad economically. If you’re looking to make a company out of it, don’t fall into the ego trip on who’s yielding the most per plant... that’s an outdoor mentality that causes waste and failure in commercial grows. You’re an indoor dude. You’re only focused on canopy, efficiency, and QUICK turnaround, not stalks.
          Perpetual harvest
          Sealed Room
          Full hydro
          Ebb and Flow
          Hydroton Media
          600w HPS
          GH Nutrients

Current Grow:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m planning to grow outside and inside . I have 37acres and a large indoor space. So I wanna maximize the potential of both spaces .

• IslandColas
            IslandColas commented
            Editing a comment
            30 extra days of veg not including anything but the light costs an extra $108 dollars in electrical PER plant if you’re electrical costs the California average of around 20cents a kilowatt hour. For me it would be more like 160 a plant! As a friend who really wants you to succeed just make sure you’ve done ALL your numbers 3 times over before you commit yourself to any money or loans that will need to be repaid.

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Great advice thank you. I think it run about 11.42per kwh here in Florida on average. I’m in the country and it runs slightly less . Maybe around 9 per kWh but I would have to check that number.

Originally posted by DankwingDuck View Post
          I’m planning to grow outside and inside . I have 37acres and a large indoor space. So I wanna maximize the potential of both spaces .
          The pros aren’t putting 90days into veg unless they’re somehow legally required to. Maximizing that indoor space is going to be an awesome experience! Hope you live the dream
          Perpetual harvest
          Sealed Room
          Full hydro
          Ebb and Flow
          Hydroton Media
          600w HPS
          GH Nutrients

Current Grow:

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            I understand what you guys are saying and it real give me something to think about . It’s just I see you these giant plants producing mass amounts and I thought I could achieve that at a profitable margin. But this is something that is going to change over time by trial and error I’m sure . If I get a comm loc my numbers so up greatly . I think this method of growing only will apply while I’m on this smaller scale and my numbers are limited to 72 plants . I think if/once plant count is less then an issues this will open up more of an options for a shorter veg and more plants . Something more like sog. I just wanna try out some methods now to see what works best in my given space with my given plant count . So don’t think I’m not open to suggestions and discussion. I won’t know what works till I try it . I was just basing my plan on my friends set up which produces 12 pounds every month on average . With 12 plans per cycle on a 6month clone to harvest cycle . But I’m open to suggestions. I never turn down free information or ideas . If I can achieve this ratio with less veg I’m open . I would be foolish to not be open to the idea . I just don’t see how the numbers can work . This is my math on the subject.

If I cut the veg in half I in turn have to double the plant count per cycle . That’s 24plans on a 3 month cycle 2 months bloom gives only 30days of veg . Take 10days from that for rooting the clones that gives 20days in veg once they hit the pot . I’m just not seeing how you can achieve 8oz per plant with basically a 3week veg . On average I see here on short vegging plants maybe 2-3 oz. so let me do that math and see what I come up with ....(doing math right now )...ok so if I average 3 oz per plant on a 24 plant cycle that gives me 4.5 pounds a month... maybe I’m doing the math wrong or over thinking it . Or not giving the short veg as much credit as it deserves . But my math comes out at 54lbs and year vs 144lbs a years . Please if I’m looking at this the wrong way help me to understand better because trust me if I can shorten veg and still achieve that 12lbs a month I wanna do that But I just can’t get the numbers to work in my head .

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            And even if I give it a true 1/2 of veg at 45 day and you take 10 days for that to clone that’s still 35days from the time the plant hits the pot . 45+56 days in bloom average . 106 day (call it 120 for a cushion) cycle . I mean thy still hit bloom every 30 days but I just don’t see 8 once’s per plant on average in a 35 day veg window .

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            So I wrote this novel so you can see where my brain is at right now . And I’m high so my number may be off . Help me to wrap my mind around this please .

Great advice thank you. I think it run about 11.42per kwh here in Florida on average. I’m in the country and it runs slightly less . Maybe around 9 per kWh but I would have to check that number.
          I would quite literally kill for that... I’m averaging $0.32 a kWh here in Hawaii!
          Perpetual harvest
          Sealed Room
          Full hydro
          Ebb and Flow
          Hydroton Media
          600w HPS
          GH Nutrients

Current Grow:

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t forget your 7$ gallons of milk . I love Hawaii . Don’t know that I could live there though.

BurningTeddy didnt mean to take over your post lmao , my bad . I hope we answered your questions before doing to atleast .

Comment

IslandColas i would like to talk ebb and flow with you sometime . It seems very basic to me . But maybe I’m missing something . But I like the style . Maybe you can give me some pointer on designing and setting on up . I have a friend who wants to do one and I would like to be able to help he with confidence.

Comment

IslandColas i would like to talk ebb and flow with you sometime . It seems very basic to me . But maybe I’m missing something . But I like the style . Maybe you can give me some pointer on designing and setting on up . I have a friend who wants to do one and I would like to be able to help he with confidence.
              You need to get REALLY familiar if you’re looking to do a commercial hydro grow 😉

Sounds great! I’m always happiest when I help so dm me and we can chat
              Perpetual harvest
              Sealed Room
              Full hydro
              Ebb and Flow
              Hydroton Media
              600w HPS
              GH Nutrients

Current Grow:

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:

Comment

Campesino DankwingDuck no worries on the thread hijack lol, any info for my newb self helps in some way or anorher.

Comment

Preflower pics!! I have 6 confirmed female, 2 not showing enough yet, and 4 I believe are male(although 1 I thought was going to be male yesterday popped out some pistils during this last light cycle)

Comment

• BurningTeddy
                    BurningTeddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Would you say cull the rest now and stick with the 6 I have or give it a little longer and maybe have a couple more females to pick the healthiest looking ones?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X