Question on flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on flowering

When do you start the count on how many weeks the plant is flowering? Is it when you first switch over to 12/12 or when buds start to show? I'm now 11 weeks from switching to 12/12. Or would it be 11 werks - days to start buds?

Do some strains go even longer then 11 weeks? I have OG kush and it looks ready but I'm still having problems seeing Trichomes? I find the mini-microscope is difficult to use on a living plant. Hairs are all turned and curled. Not many leaves left, most have been canobolized. Does anyone have a really good method to see the Trichomes on the plant? I thought of getting the zorb so I could film them? Has anyone tried one of these?

Post some pics.
    Current Grow
    Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

If you have a phone- take a clear pic in HD- then you can enlarge the pic to see the trichomes.
      That said- flowering begins after the transitioning- ie two weeks after flip.
      Yes, OG Kush can flower along time.
      From your description- and no trichomes to go by:
      I would Harvest NOW-before the shake leaves begin to yellow!
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

I do have a few shake leaves that have turned yellow. Saturday will be 2 weeks of flush. My cell phone won't take clear pics. I'm going to pull the girl out and try with my good camera again. I have been able to get pics before. I will post some pics in a bit. Thanks

Comment

Hey 1965, take you a sample, and see how you like it.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

If you are trying to follow the breeders timeline for finishing it's going to depend on how the breeder does it. In my limited experience counting from the flip seems most common. And the easiest. Also most nutrient schedules switch at the flip. I find it easiest to count from the flip. As stated above you need to check your trichromes.
            48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
            600w mh/hps
            32”x32”x63” veg tent
            viparspectra PAR 450 led
            FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
            5 gallon Smart Pots
            Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
            Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

Right now It's raining so my lighting sucks. I can't get a clear close up for now. Here are just a couple showing my shake leaves turning yellow.

Comment

From those pics the pistils arent far enough along for me. Did she get light burned? Did i see wrong and only fan leaves turning brown? If the sugar leaves start turning its different for me. In a cold environment ive run one 18 weeks. But again it was to cold for the plant.

Comment

The top did get a little light burn. Couldn't go any higher with the light. 😞 Unfortunately the sugar leaves are browing as well. Almost all the fan leaves have been canobolized and are gone. This poor plant has gone through hell and back. I'm suprised it turned out as well as it did? Only the top has some white hairs but that I think is being too close to the light? The lower buds are at least 90% red and the remaining partial white have curled in completely.

Do I have a problem with the sugar leaves turning yellow so close to my buds? Does it or will it effect the buds in anyway? Taste especially? Saturday is 2 weeks for flushing so I can harvest or let it go longer if she needs to?

Comment

If your sugar leaves are turning all brown its probably better to go ahead and harvest it. But maybe someone else knows better.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                      9fingerleafs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It is only a real problem if the dead leaves are inside the bud. If you remove them as soon as they die it’s all good. Also for the flushing days before harvest you can remove all old ugly fan leaves and force the plant to feed from the little younger leaves. It’s death time and the plant knows it so just go with it

you can still ride it a couple of weeks if you feel like it in my opinion, dont worry about the dying leaves just remove them so they dont rot, beautiful buds

Comment

Thanks. Told you someome knew more

Comment

I've always had great success with a 30x lighted loupe-allows me to easily see any changes in tric colors. Based SOLELY on pistol color, you need more time.
                        WHAT???
                        5x5 grow space
                        900w of Vero's and F-strips
                        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X