Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weed Pharma
    commented on 's reply
    I prefer drying the buds more on the plant and let the moisture equalize, by pulling the moisture from the center of the buds.

• Emomajic
    commented on 's reply
    My 1st grow was with Northern lights. Got one of my best yields from 3 plants. Just shy of a 1/2lb. Actually my 1st successful grow. Used regular beans from ILGM and 50% was Male. That was early 2015 and fems were expensive so I went with regular to save money. NOT

• Emomajic
    commented on 's reply
    Weed Pharma. I'm a bit confused at your 44% being to high. I keep my jars at 65% after curing. Anything below 55% seems to dry for me. Besides the weight issue. Moisture is Money lol. After reading your other post I'm confused as to how you bring rh from the 40's to the 60's. Or am I not understanding your post. I usually jar at about 70 to 72% and bring it down to 62 to 65%. Please explain and do enjoy your break. I love growing but breaks are always welcomed.
    Last edited by Emomajic; 09-12-2019, 02:01 AM.

• Weed Pharma
    replied
    Update: I have reduced burping to Mondays-Wednesdays-Fridays for 2 weeks, (after the initial week of daily burps) with satisfactory results for long term storage.

Leave a comment:

• Weed Pharma
    replied
    UPDATE @ Dry/Cure process:

Add Boveda after the first week of burping, then remove one month later.
    Long Term Storage, under good conditions (few jar openings) used hygrometer- No Boveda.
    When I start consuming product from the jars (opening it every few days)- remove hygrometer and Boveda back in, to stablize humdity from air exchange.

TO B(oveda)- or NOT TO B(oveda): That is the question!: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-the-question

Leave a comment:

• Weed Pharma
    replied
    Fantastic aroma right to the very end-just finishing her up, only a few grams left- very smooth, hits fairly hard with mostly head high and a body finish.
    Made some great joints and burnt to a white/gray ash in a bowl.

Leave a comment:

• LurkingInTheGrass
    replied
    So, How did it smoke?

and thank you for the details. Even I can follow this 😉

Leave a comment:

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    Morning Weed Pharma, that is simple, nice article. Now you can enjoy your product on your break. That is really simple that way. Sure ain't nothin hard about it. I sure hope everyone reads it.

• Weed Pharma
    replied
    After "burping" every other day for 2 weeks, the cured product can be consumed with reasonable results.

Total number of handling - to cure- just 13 times over 3 weeks!

ps- You can "burp" once a week for 4-5 additional weeks which makes a noticable difference in bud quality, also it better prepares the bud for long term storage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2937.JPG
Views:	2227
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	200050
    pss- my work is done - my buds are stable, my tent is empty - taking a break from growing!

Leave a comment:

• Weed Pharma
    replied
    Curing closet 69f-71f and 31%-38% rh

The jars have stabilized for the past two of days @ 62%, after 6 daily burps.

Name:	IMG-2927.JPG
Views:	2226
Size:	900.9 KB
ID:	196132
    Remove humidity gauge and add small 8g Bovada packs (if not already done).

Continue burping the jar, every other day, for 2 weeks-
    Allow about 15-30 seconds of fresh air exchange-
    Roll the jar a bit, before returing to a cool/dark place.

Leave a comment:

• Weed Pharma
    replied
    Day #3- normally Boveda (8g)-packs would be added AFTER the first week of daily burping.

This time however, yesterday, I forgot the jars were open and overshot a little (@40%), settled @ 58% - still in the range.
    It would come back in a few days on it's own- but I decided to help it stablize.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-2924.JPG Views:	1 Size:	958.5 KB ID:	195287Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-2925.JPG Views:	1 Size:	952.7 KB ID:	195286
    Burping schedule- Just roll the contents and open the jar for 15 seconds, then close- daily for 3 more days.

Leave a comment:

• Weed Pharma
    replied
    Day #1- 24 hours later - roll the jar to loosen the contents gently and open the lid to allow air circulation (time depends in rh reading).

Name:	IMG-2921 (1).JPG
Views:	2250
Size:	928.2 KB
ID:	194888Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2923.JPG
Views:	2244
Size:	1,021.4 KB
ID:	194889
    These are very dense/wet buds- it usually takes a day or two to get upto 62% from about 40-41%.

@68% it took about an hour to reduce the rh to 56%.

The range for curing is between the upper 50's and upper 60's- but once it get too low (below 55%) the curing will stop.

I prefer to keep the range between 58%-67% during the cure- so buds won't turn brown.

Back into cool/dark space and repeat this process every day for 5 more days!

I will post again when the rh gets closer to 62%.

Leave a comment:

• Weed Pharma
    commented on 's reply
    no preference- depends mostly on where I am storing it.

• Weed Pharma
    replied

Dry/cure tent temps 67f-72f and rh 29%-37%

Name:	IMG-2918.JPG
Views:	2315
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	194714Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2920.JPG
Views:	2291
Size:	955.1 KB
ID:	194715

Jarred up to about 80% full, to allow for air exchange when "burping"- returned to a cool/dark place.

Let the jar stay closed for 24-48 hours depending on how wet the final buds were at harvest.
    I add a hygrometer to one jar- to help with the guess work of curing.

44% is about average to a little high- so I will check and likely begin air exchange in 24hrs.

And the curing begins!

Leave a comment:

• Greengringo
    replied
    Good work weed pharma I too use the same method but from my learning experience and with trial and error small errors that could be corrected I now leave my plants hanging for four days so that when I burp the jars for the first 2weeks for a min or two the Buds are not sticking together and avoid any chance of molding but still some what moist not crunchy buds .looking forward to see which way you go with the jarring process..two weeks in jars and the stuff smells great.and do you lay your jars or stand them up right

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X