No announcement yet.

Sitting on some organic fertilizer or, "my plants have my back"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gave myself a day off time to smoke a bong, drink a beer, work on the garden, and play with my plants.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

The Crazy Re-veged Jungle plant ( CD-1) and the Critical and Jack Herrer try to catch up....
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Man that is a jungle plant, I like them alot.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        are those sticky bug catchers hanging above the jungle I love your set up man

• GreenhouseEffect
        GreenhouseEffect commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya, tried to find yellow sticky cards at the ranch supply store, they had these things instead, think I like them better! Way more surface area. I did catch a couple Lady Bugs and Hover Flies, which I felt really bad about doing but over all I think they are helping win the battle as far as winged aphids, gnats, and some other pests are concerned.

Thanks D.a.a.s. and Ojh!
        Still planning what to do with that re-vege CBD plant. I have trimmed out in the middle some, and am thinking about maybe thining out branches and leaves a bit more, before she flowers. She went nuts with bushing out and new bud sites during the re-vege, only thing I worry about is having some mold problems when she flowers. Humidity is USUALLY low that time of year, but never know what the whether will bring.

A variety called "Apple", various aged plants, as they get older, the leaves totally change shape!
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the first cherry tomato yesterday while working in veggie garden, I found these yellow and red stripped peppers so I saved the seeds going to try growing some they just look cool love the worm shot great soil that is

• GreenhouseEffect
        Editing a comment
        Hey, thanks!
        You know, they do look a lot like Muscadines, now that you mention it D.a.a.s.! I think they are supposed to turn kinda purple at harvest, not sure with how they look now though.
        Those sound like a cool variety Ojh, I really love preserving genetics, so much has been lost with corporate agriculture, as far as valuable plant genetics, I'm sure great full to gardeners that have been saving these seeds for generations, think it is one of the best things we can do as gardeners and growers.
        My bed is mostly re-used Super Soil, and I keep feeding it as best I can. Two seasons of growing Cannabis in it now, so got to give it as much love as possible, to keep up with theses hungry girls! I am planning to build a big compost pile on top of it this winter, lot's of manure and get it steaming hot just before planting season, then start seeds in pots over it, for the warmth, remove the top layer of compost and let cool before planting the new crop into the soil.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had grand kids over Sunday and the youngest came out while I was working in the garden and as we were talking I asked if she ever had a cuke picked off the vine, no she said so I went over and picked a pickling cuke broke it in half and handed her half took a bite out of mine ,first words oh my god that is good and so fresh lol

Vegetative growth continues.
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

Cd-1 Seed project.
        Clone from the Medical Seeds Candida-1 feminized plant. I just re-potted her into a smart pot half filled with Witney organic raised bed mix, Perlite, worm castings, bone meal, and the top few inches is under done vermicompost, because I ran out of soil.
        Make shift light dep tent I hodgpged up this afternoon.
        I plan to give her 12-12 for about 2-3 weeks, then I start messing with her light schedule and try to make her herm. Save some pollen in the freezer, and once the clone mother gets to flowering naturally, pollenate a couple colas.
        At least that's the plan!
        If I can get a Bubble Gun Pro clone growing good, I will try the same thing with that plant. This is the start of my attempt at saving seeds, and eventually learning about plant breeding. A long way's to go for me, but it is a really interesting aspect of growing that I want to get into.

Well, wish this scruffy red neck luck with it!!
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

thats a clone has she been growing awhile or did you just take her,
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
            Editing a comment
            About a month, month and a half maybe.
            Takes me a while to get clones going, not really all that good at it yet, Lol!

Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            one of my favorites I like privateering as well he does good stuff with Dire straights but I like hes personal stuff better

Your doing great at cloneing so far

New carbon filter!! 8" from Tera Bloom with 8" 735 cfm fan. It' like a hurricane coming out the end of that fan, even with the filter and pre-filter. Finally saved up the money for it, just in the nick of time, to, starting to stink in there, and think it's the Critical that has the sharp skunk smell right now. Tryin real hard not to stink up the neighborhood, and make someone complain about my Legal grow.
          Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
            Editing a comment
            Hey, thanks Alltitup!

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            those are some huge girls in the next to the last picture what did that to the bags or did you and are just showing off the roots lol

• GreenhouseEffect
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Ojh! The ones in the shade cloth bags are some of the clones I started, seemed to work out OK, I got maybe 60-70% survival rate this time. No rooting powder, just snipped, light scrape of the stem with a razor blade, and then planted them into the tiny grow bags next to a mother plant. Sprayed with water and gave a little folliar feeding with the com[post tea. Time to transplant, and will probably end up giving them away to somebody.

Well, you know you're a grower when.... You randomly find little stashes of weed around the house. Was looking in the fridge for more cheese this morning, and I come across this little jar of weed? Guess I must have stuck it in my cooler a couple months ago when I went camping, and then either myself or GF didn't realize what was in the jar, and just stuck it in the fridge after I got home, Lol!
          Kinda makes me feel like some type of little squirrel or something!
          Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
            Editing a comment
            Feeling good about my seeds saving goals. If things go alright, my weed supply should be real good for a while, might try freezing a couple of jars. Makes it seem more comfortable to try for mostly growing a good supply of seeds next summer, maybe some auto's early in season for a fresh supply, but man, would be cool to just grow a bunch of seeds, and be set on a couple variety's for a while. Give growing friends some free seeds, to, overgrow the world!!!!!! hahaha!!

Outer space bucket( or out of space bucket?).
          Day's are finally short enough to start plants flowering, and don't want my clones to do that just yet, so decided to build myself a Space Bucket!
          Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

Had these lights in series laying around( that will teach my Dad to leave his shit lay at my house!! ) and the lights are hung from the trash can lid. The little chimney commin out the top is cause my dum A cut the hole for different sized fan, then changed my mind. So I butchered up a couple gallon sized pots for a reducer, to fit my 4" inline 100cfm fan. Already had holes around the top of the trash can drilled, from my last mad science project, so I decided to plug the light leaks by through bolting, and then hanging clones from them with clothes line wire. I cut the bottom off the trash can so that I could set it over the one clone i have in the ground, soonly it will outgrow the "Bucket" but at least I should get a little more vedge time this way, make it worth it. I have the bucket up on 2x4 blocks to allow air flow, and then I pushed straw around the bottom to keep more of the light in.

Should go check the thing now that it is dark out, and see if I have light leak problems or not.
            At least I was having fun with it, anyway!
            Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
              Editing a comment
              Just checked, and the light leaks aren't really all that bad, kicked the straw around the base just a little tighter. Think I will have to attack the thing with a little gorilla tape, and maybe make a skirt for the bottom out of a contractor bag.
              I have a dark colored tub that coconut butter came in, and I put that over the top of the exhaust fan. The tub is bigger than the fan, so it lets air pass, but is pretty much stifling any light coming out the top. 60 F and 70% humidity in there just now, before I lit off the propane heater in the greenhouse. Bin slowly turning into winter hear after our summer of frying in the heat. I have seen frost on neighbors roofs once already this month.

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              dont say that nasty word Greenhouse I love the grow can if autos are in there why would you worry about light leaks ,I leave the auto room open to the rest of cellar

• GreenhouseEffect
              Editing a comment
              I have photo's next to the space bucket, but I really am not to worried about it, it's no more light than moon beams and street lights. Mostly just trying not to advertise that I grow weed, or at least to much! Finally got a big air scrubber in there( Man, and 8" really is BIG!).

Thanks for looking! I may have messed up the "father" plant for those Feminized CD-1 seeds I am trying to make( Didn't start spraying with coloidal silver early enough), plan B is to try and give a clone or 3 to a friend to try, and maybe I can get a new clone back from him come March. Don't want to run my greenhouse all winter from the energy perspective!

My wheels have been turning a bit with the whole big space bucket idea, could be a great way to help start plants out doors, if you can't grow in your house.
            Also I have been thinking I will make a big compost pile on top of my Cannabis bed this winter, use plenty of horse manure to get it going hot, then snug this crazy space bucket inside of it for starting my seeds!

Fun Ideas to keep the creative juices flowing, anyway, and I have full faith that I will probably do SOMETHING dum soon, to stop myself from feeling smart ( trying to enjoy the joy's of success for now, though, Lol!!)
            Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

Organic Soil,
              with molasses,
              In a Greenhouse with,
              Redneck engineering.

Comment

Bud picks.
                Organic Soil,
                with molasses,
                In a Greenhouse with,
                Redneck engineering.

Comment

Well, things are actually going alright. Got a little worried about yellow leaves this week, but have decided that it's cause my plants are basically getting pot bound. The raised bed there in I think is mostly all roots and earthworms, and a little soil at this point! So I fed them, real good like. A little fish emulsion on the ones that looked hungry fore more N, and then I did one with just plenty of molasses in the water, man, that actually did a lot, just a full bottle of molasses in 80 gallons of water, what Daas and kingfish say about molasses, is no shit!! This morning I got them with 10 pounds of worm castings, and a bottle of molasses that I bubbled for 2 day's, they seemed to really like that. Buds on the jack Herer are starting to feel pretty firm now, and getting a few pistols turning on all the strains.
                  Organic Soil,
                  with molasses,
                  In a Greenhouse with,
                  Redneck engineering.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    those are looking fantastic nice fat kolas ,what is the rolled up foam rubber

• GreenhouseEffect
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Ojh.
                    The "Walrus" Ha ha ha ha!
                    It is actually just a piece of egg crate mattress foam, left over from making the muffler for my carbon scrubber fan. I had a big piece left, so I wrapped it around the fan, to make it a little quieter. I was a little concerned at first that I might over heat my fan, but it seems to be fine. Guess it's just all the airflow going through the thing, must be keeping it good and cool.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X