Sitting on some organic fertilizer or, "my plants have my back"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting on some organic fertilizer or, "my plants have my back"

So I finally decided to start my own thread.
    Some pictures of this worm bin and plants that I keep claiming to have!

Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Beneficiary's of all Frank and company's hard work.

Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

Some more pictures.

Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          I love your captions - But not as much as your Greenhouse! I am very envious!!!

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Me to Campesino nice green house the girls look very happy great place to kick back and smoke a doobie

• GreenhouseEffect
          GreenhouseEffect commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Guy's! And thank you for checking out my first thread!
          I have been spending to much time hear lately, works slow, and it is pretty easy to hang out with the girls and tinker with things, definitely my " therapy room" when I'm busy.

Hear is that pipe I was talking about OJH, my dad made for me a couple years ago, haven't been using it lately since I cracked the stem while cleaning it. I think the Ak-47 plant it came from was about 8-10' tall, and was grown in his Co greenhouse. Got to spend a couple days helping with harvest that year, first time I had been around plants that size.
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          That is cool... Came off a huge plant!

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought the pipe was cool then I saw it was made from weed holy shit that must of been a huge plant wow

Now that is nice, indoor outdoors. Seems you got a few things going on. Did you DIY your Frank Tank? It looks heavy duty. I’m glad your in your happy place
        My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
        The universities do not teach all things

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
          Editing a comment
          Ya, I cobbled it together out of mostly pallets that I had laying around, not my best carpentry, but serves it's purpose. 80" long x about 2'x12" inside, so hoping to finally be able to digest all our kitchen scraps, and triple my worm casting supply!

• Paracelsus
          Paracelsus commented
          Editing a comment
          I admire your ingenuity and DIY capabilities, it will more than get the job done. I do recommend that you recycle much more then your kitchen scraps using as much green and brown quality materials as possible. I know people that recycle their Coco after rinsing it through their worm bin. In fact many of the super foods used to ammend LOS IE Malted Barley Powder, kelp powder, etc along with oats and greens make excellent gourmet frank foods. Fruits because of their high acidic and liquid content work best in the Korean fermented compost system called Bokashi. It’s an anaerobic system that allows you to even add meat, bones and dairy, but I don’t do that myself, I stick with fruits and vegetables.
          Check out this info for a DIY although you may find many better on YT

Last edited by Paracelsus; 04-08-2018, 11:39 PM.

Dumped a bunch of worm compost tea all over there leaves this morning, think they really liked it! Much darker this afternoon, you can kind of see it in the picks.
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

How I did the air diffuser the Lazy way. Added a longer air hose and pitched the whole splitter into the, not totally full, 100 gallon horse trough. Staying mostly sunk, and tea smells like aerobic compost should.
          Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Paracelsus
              Paracelsus commented
              Editing a comment
              Wiggle it

Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Paracelsus
              Paracelsus commented
              Editing a comment
              Real nice with the string section rather than having the MelloTron

• GreenhouseEffect
              Editing a comment
              I like this version the best, love it when the rock and roll greats get together and play with Orchestras like that!
              Always been a really therapeutic song for me, definitely ready for rain and spring time

Much like Bob Ross, where would I be without my happy little trees?!?
            Had to stop by the dispensary today for some CBD concentrate, thinkin the CD-1 gets cloned for sure, forgot how expensive it is to buy!
            Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Paracelsus
              Paracelsus commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s a happy family

• GreenhouseEffect
              Editing a comment
              Thanks!
              Think I am going to stop with the nutes for my vedge plants at least, probably for the flowering plants to, and gonna have to only water with the worm casting tea every couple times, since it would be to much anymore than that. Kinda amazed just how potent that stuff is, much stronger than using the Botanicare soil version at full strength. No sign of leaf burn, but greened them up FAST!

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am so jealous of that green house, the girls are looking good to lol

you are right on path, remember you are feeding the soil. When we feed Frank we are feeding the soil, when we mulch we are feeding the soil. When we do nothing we are still feeding the soil, get it? Healthy soil will take care of itself. Forget about those bottles, mostly water. i’m not doing it yet but I hope to wild craft a lot of the amendment at least the ones that won’t take over the whole garden. That’s what advantage to having a community garden, I can grow things with my other garden. I just got some crushed Malted Barley a powder would be better, Kelp meal, Aloe Vera powder, Bio life, Neem CakeEtc to make other teas than just compost teas for foler and top feed. These all feed the soil.
            Last night I top dressed with fresh cilantro.
            Last edited by Paracelsus; 04-13-2018, 09:49 AM.
            My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              bet that smelled fantastic

• Paracelsus
              Paracelsus commented
              Editing a comment
              It really did oldjarhead100, anything in the mint family is good IPM. Cilantro, parsley, all the wild mints are good for folier and mulch. Some essential oils a drop or 2 a gallon is all it takes.

Thank you for the encouragement, those are true words of wisdom for a farmer at heart, like me.
            I moved my mint plant into one of the old worm compost totes, decided I should invest the space on it, and plan to give it haircuts to use as green mulch.
            Somewhere I have a picture I will post if I can ever find it, this river in the southwest, flash flooding this dark, rich, jet black color. Realized lately that it is natures version of compost tea, the river doing its job of delivering nutrients and organic matter to life downstream. Nature had this all figured out a long long time ago, all we have to do is listen!
            Those plants look good, getting into that explosive growth stage!!
            Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

Experiment.
              Organic Soil,
              with molasses,
              In a Greenhouse with,
              Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
                Editing a comment
                I'm going to see if they actually grow roots, figured it was easy, and I want 1 or two more CD-1 anyway. If it fails, I can always toss, if it works, will plant at least one in soil, might make a bigger raft, and see if it will grow, I dunknow.
                I know people who clone by just stabbing into there aquaponic medium. Kinda fun at least! Figure the good microbes might help prevent root rot, and not really any light getting to roots, so might work?!?

• GreenhouseEffect
                Editing a comment
                They didn't make it. Was just a crazy idea thought I'd try. Several aspects go against cloning Knowledge I guess, the turbulence, high nute level for clones, and to much light. Guess the water could have been warmer to. Was Interesting to at least try though!

• Campesino
                Campesino commented
                Editing a comment
                You gotta have fun

Wild man clone rafts far out

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X