No announcement yet.

Sitting on some organic fertilizer or, "my plants have my back"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I really like what I just saw. Eight mating pairs of Lady bugs, maybe some I didn't see. I guess this would be a good reason to release large cluster of them, so better chance for more eggs.
    Larvae eat way more pests then adults, they look like little orange and black alligators,the egg cases look like orange clusters stuck to plant leaves. They need either pollen, or a sugar solution, as a food supplement for laying eggs. I have a couple Pac Choi plants in flower, for saving the seeds and to attract benifficials, hopefully pea and bean flowers for lady bug forage, soon.
    Last edited by GreenhouseEffect; 05-13-2018, 07:42 PM.
    Organic Soil,
    with molasses,
    In a Greenhouse with,
    Redneck engineering.

Comment

I tried putting them on plants in the house a couple times, and it didn't work to good, they went everywhere. Drove my roomate nuts( which actually was kinda funny, they went in his room, never bothered me, right across the hall!) I think having a place for them, to hide would help, also mulch, I can't help but think that it has an appeal to them, just someplace they can crawl under in case a bird is after them or something. My postulations on lady bug Physcology at least, Lol!
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

I’ve read about a guy who releases his benificials and they all fly straight into the fan then into his light
        My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
        The universities do not teach all things

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
          GreenhouseEffect commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh god, chop and then fry themselves!!
          They'll have to fly a LONG way to get to my light Lol!!

I used them a couple of times and yes they do go for the light , so I dump them down low on the plants
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Just heard back from seedsman after I sent proof of seizure, my request for re-sending has been approved, and my order is has been pulled together! Might still get to plant a couple of those seeds this season!
          Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine took about a week in the processing stage but then arrived in just a few days, before the delivery window, once it had been shipped.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            you should have plenty of time .I bet that took a load off of your shoulders whew

• Paracelsus
            Paracelsus commented
            Editing a comment
            Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Harvested the Humboldt Black D.O.G. today.
          Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
            Editing a comment
            My 2nd D.O.G. is starting to get some purple in the leaves! Should get a little bigger harvest from this one, since it got like 90 days of edge, instead of 4 weeks!
            The hand me down lap top is currently being used by previous owner, so unfortunately no pics right now.
            CD-1 is planted happily where the last D.O.G. was, 24hrs of light to re-vedge, and had to stake her out, since was getting pretty tight. Took a couple clones to. Want to grow 3 big CBD plants this summer, to lay in a good supply of medicine.

• Paracelsus
            Paracelsus commented
            Editing a comment
            Jumpin Jehoshaphat !!!

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            hows that 24 hours work to put them back in veg I know 3 weeks of a 300 w led works great even if you dont want it to lol

Well, I think the Lady Bugs are busy laying eggs or something lately, cause I haven't seen quite so much of them lately( or just tired from all that mating they were doing), and my aphids on the vegetables were getting to be a little more than I was ok with, so I had to play the Thunderstorm game this morning!
          You drag the garden hose with a sprayer in there, turn it on, and yell" THUNDERSTORM!!!"
          The aphids don't like it much, knocks them down for a while, the plants just kinda roll there eyes at you, so does the Girlfriend.
          Got to be just a little careful doin it, so you don't actually hurt them.
          In another day or two, it will be time to play " DUST STORM!!!" take a cup of D.E. and a small fan turned up high, sprinkle D.E. in front of it, coat the $h1+ out of the leaves top and bottom.
          Plants don't really mind that one so much, just as long as after a day or two... you play, " FLASH FLOOD, WITH NUTRIENTS!!" game.
          Fill water can with compost tea, and wash off the tops of there leaves with it. They kinda like this game actually.

It all makes my GF roll her eyes at me, I swear I can see some little solar panel leaf "eyes" being rolled in the greenhouse, but does make for some entertainment, and helps motivate me to stay on top of the IPM when I'm workin a lot and kinda tired.
          I can just hear them know," what did we do, to end up with HIM for a care taker?"
          Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment

I love it
            Those plants are lucky they have you!

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            pretty funny Greenhouse I see I'm not the only one that get eyes rolled at him lol

• Paracelsus
            Paracelsus commented
            Editing a comment
            I am liking the Mountain Organics tonics. The Sprout and Citrus especially I use the Neem tonic just in case the Katanga cake, Kelp and Malted Barley Peperment mulch doesn’t repeal the beasts. I haven’t had aphids to speak of at all just the Gnats, I found a spider behind my ear the other day LOL

Well, been away for a while this month, been busy!
          Just harvested my Green Crack Auto from Fast Buds. Was gonna wait a few more day's, but then this yellow leaf caught my eye," wonder what that could be?" checked it out, and was bud rot!
          Cut that bud out of there, and tossed, then immediately checked my whole plant, no sign of more. Harvested her in very short order, meticulously checking my buds inside and out.

Turned out pretty good still, got her hangin in the basement closet right now with good cool dry air.
          Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
            Editing a comment
            You can bet I'll be watching my buds like a hawk during the cure. Low humidity, but got a little water spilled on her, and the person watching my plants got a little extra help watering from somebody else with a hose. Came home to wet buds Oh well, at least they all lived, and can't complain when your gone a bunch during Flower!!

Blue Dream from Humboldt, that I harvested beginning of June, got about 3-4 Oz. of trimmed bud.
          Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

My second Black D.O.G. from Humboldt is up next, waiting as long as possible, since she has not filled out all that much, and the first one seemed to gain most of it's weight at the very end.
            Still smells wonderful, and should be some great weed, though yield may be kinda light.
            Organic Soil,
            with molasses,
            In a Greenhouse with,
            Redneck engineering.

Comment

And finally, the Strawberry Cough I am working on.
              Organic Soil,
              with molasses,
              In a Greenhouse with,
              Redneck engineering.

Comment

I thinck she might be in revedge
                Here's the leaves.
                Organic Soil,
                with molasses,
                In a Greenhouse with,
                Redneck engineering.

Comment

Greenhouse do you cover at night to maintain 12/12 or are those autos.looking great ,
                  are those wild flowers
                  new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                  current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Thanks OJH!
                    The purple plant ( Black D.O.G.) I cover at night, the Green Crack was an auto. So nice not to have to cover and uncover that one, been doing that ruteine since January on at least some of my plants, be nice once I harvest this last one and get a break from it!

Ya, the last bud picks are something in the mint family that I found out on a hike. Was gonna try and pull a fast one on you guy's, and let everyone think they were Cannabis, but noty good enough at editing out the back ground!!
                    Organic Soil,
                    with molasses,
                    In a Greenhouse with,
                    Redneck engineering.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                      oldjarhead100 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      they would definitely be some great looking bud , I will have to see if I can find some for the wife to plant

• GreenhouseEffect
                      Editing a comment
                      They grow wild in the Pacific north west, the leaves smell like mint, so some member of that family.
                      I love seeing what nature has going on in her garden, it's like watching a grower that is better than me, I try to figure out what she is doing, and learn her secrets!

Harvest Day for the Humboldt Black D.O.G
                    Organic Soil,
                    with molasses,
                    In a Greenhouse with,
                    Redneck engineering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X