No announcement yet.

Dark Harvest GROW CHALLENGE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this is what I mean by overnight growth or just hours from last post. They're not in their forever homes yet but just wanted to show how 13 hours after watering and foliar are doing. Significant increase in leaf mass to utilize light, extended growth tips vs elongation, and visable overall mass. I lowered the mh about 13 inches before I left for work came back to do the foliar feed and take pics.

Humidity has been playing a role in my soil drying, low of 36% in the tent...the mh will suck the moisture off a frogs ass lmao. That's just my experience...even with flourishing plants. Every time I fire up the mh I can feel the air drying up when I open the tent. Kicked another fan on in above of the active intake hole to get a little more pressure in the tent but going to have to pick up a couple more clip fans. Ill have pics of the whole tent when they get repotted.

Just another reason I want to share the little buggers adventure. I'm sure Campesino has got something special he's working on to share with us all. He's been so quiet since we started, I'm not sure if his thread even exists πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† πŸ˜€.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Very pretty. I'm hoping my little autos will catch back up and explode. They arent as pretty as those. But cant always find good babysitters. They are close to that size now but were dropped the 7th and still have some ugly lower leaves. Hoping 24 hours will fix them up. But great job.

Got some yellowing on the leaves... maybe light bleaching from hitting with LED too soon? Roots have hit water except for the janky DGTH that sprouted 1st. The Dgth on day 11 seems to have the longest roots??

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	242591Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	242592Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	242593Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	242594Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	242595
    Instagram: @farmerjim420
    What is VPD?
    diygrowdata.com

Completed:
    #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
    Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
    In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
    In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
    • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
    • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
    • #diyrdwc
    • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

• farmerjim
      farmerjim commented
      Editing a comment
      going to chop the Lemon OG Haze's (2 of them) today, rinse the diyrdwc#2 rig and get some fresh water in there for the Dark Harvest seedlings...

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking fantastic

• farmerjim
      farmerjim commented
      Editing a comment
      Ph was above 7! So much for testing strips... tucked away in their new temp home with cmh. Res change tonight then choosing 2 for the scrog tent! Ph adjustedto 6.3...

3 hours after transplant. Waiting a few days then topping the rest. Mycorrhizae added to transplant holes and dusted the roots as well. Will be getting a foliar feeding of liquid bone meal solution. Grabbing the rest of my parts for a compost brewer so there will be some teas to come. ✌ Click image for larger version

Name:	20180902_214338.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	4.16 MB
ID:	244362

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      So where IS the challenge post by all? Like how is everyone doing?

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it's been decided that it stays here.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Tika we'll be doing weekly updates in this thread. But we each have our own threads that we can ramble in πŸ˜‰.

I am in final containers. Transplanted the "OH" today, 5 gallon fabric pots. The DGTH did not hold together as well as the GC. Both look good and getting faster. All of them got topped to the fourth node. All receiving their foliar feed.

Name:	17239.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	416.3 KB
ID:	244387Click image for larger version

Name:	17237.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	320.8 KB
ID:	244386 DGTH Soil

Name:	17241.jpeg
Views:	249
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	244385 DGTH DWC
    A little deficiency of some kind, maybe calmag?
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      do you have a fan close by that might be it

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      I suspect the frozen bottles either hitting the roots or freezing them a touch to shock them. The fan is on the other side of the room, about 8 ft away. I'll keep an eye on the newer leaves as it has not showed up there yet.

• GreenhouseEffect
      GreenhouseEffect commented
      Editing a comment
      The first thing that came to my mind with that leaf problem, is some type of a fungal infection. Or like you say, some type of physical damage, or maybe a little to much breeze. Not sure though, would be tempted to clip at least the finger off that leaf.
      Plants are lookin great though!

Sup seedsmans finally e mailed me.. i called there customer service like three weeks ago maybe about my dgth seeds and never heard back, so i finally figured out how to e mail them with what was going on.. they have me the same three options as i seen already posted here.. so i went ahead an I'm going to re pay shipping and get a free pack of there best feminized sellers.. it will be 3 white widow, 3 jock horror, and 3 blueberry.. i went with this so i could get a variety.. i haven't grown a ww yet an only hear the best.. an my wife has been bugging me to grow her a blueberry plant since i started growing.. lol so it's a win win.. hopefully eveeything goes smoothly.. Peace out for nowβœŒπŸ€—

Comment

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      Seedsman's Blueberry is a winner. Their White Widow however I found a little iffy. Jock Horror is a Nirvana strain, and I don't believe they would be giving that away. Probably their Jack Herer. Their Jack Herer is a good one too.

• Trichomefarmer88
      Trichomefarmer88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the tips!! You're right tho! It is jack herer.. i found of swore the other day out wad other way around but, must if been smoking my incredible halk x alien vape pen.. lol i also see they must of sent me one of the last of the jack herer. I was cecking on what you said an it's out of stock..

RosettaStoned Californiakid have you guess noticed pistils on the gc yet? I was cloning the top and noticed them. I guess it's time to show sex but I immediately thought autoflowers lmao. Didnt notice on the dgth I'll go back in the tent and scope them out but hopefully it's just a good sign of sex. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180904_112256.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	244967

Comment

• Californiakid
      Californiakid commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't seen my plants in a week! I miss my girls.
      I'm headed to the airport, I'll see em this evening.

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      Zero...

Came up with this today, tired of the bottles messing up the roots. We will see if it can keep temps stable. Bought two 1 gallon jugs to freeze for the res. 300 gph pump, 100 ft of 1/2 ID vinyl hose, thermal insulation, hose clamps, hose splice connector, tape, foam pipe insulation. Made from things laying around the house, minus the pump. The 75gph pump wasn't cutting it

Name:	17307.jpeg
Views:	212
Size:	461.4 KB
ID:	245088Click image for larger version

Name:	17295.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	245098
    Star Killer β˜οΈπŸ‘πŸ˜΅πŸ€―

Name:	17297.jpeg
Views:	240
Size:	314.6 KB
ID:	245089Click image for larger version

Name:	17299.jpeg
Views:	222
Size:	486.7 KB
ID:	245090Click image for larger version

Name:	17303.jpeg
Views:	224
Size:	468.9 KB
ID:	245093Click image for larger version

Name:	17301.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	468.9 KB
ID:	245092Click image for larger version

Name:	17305.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	470.4 KB
ID:	245091Click image for larger version

Name:	17318.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	364.9 KB
ID:	245097 cooling my air hoses too, not sure if it will help

Name:	17314.jpeg
Views:	225
Size:	307.2 KB
ID:	245096 got my fulvic acid today

Name:	17320.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	245094 a new toy as well 😎

Name:	17316.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	245095
    bottom branches bulking up at the stalk, DGTH DWC
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	3.04 MB ID:	245220

My how they've grown. I will top in the next day or two, I'll try my hand at cloning.
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

β€’Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

β€’600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

β€’4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

β€’14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Houston we have a problem. So far out of the 3 gc the top I presented above and this one are showing pistils. However this is the only one covered in pistils. I think she's an auto guys. They were in the same package so maybe all of them are??? I don't know what to say other then they'll probably be stunted autos since I've been treating them like photos, this one in particular with no training done whatsoever. I'm at a loss guys and my gc entries for the challenge are compromised. I may have to withdraw myself from the challenge πŸ˜₯. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180905_071337.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	245257Click image for larger version

Name:	20180905_071222.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	245258

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Rofl I was just about to ask your input about it being an auto. I agree it makes it more of a challenge but that sucks. I would normally run autos on 20/4 but these girls have been on 18/6 for over 2 weeks now πŸ˜₯. And I probably wouldn't have put them in such a rich soil mix. Unlike my shop grow this effects me negatively 😒.

• Californiakid
          Californiakid commented
          Editing a comment
          I have grown autos on a photo schedule, and seemed to work out well enough. But there are multiple factors that are unique to each of us, that we must evaluate as individual growers.

Do I hope to see these all the way through? Yes.
          Would I understand if you cull them? Yep.

Clear as mud? πŸ˜‰

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't want to cull them, but man I'm really torn about it. I could have been growing these gc seeds with my shop grow and I would have been happier with the situation πŸ˜†

Is it not normL for fems and regulars to start showing pistils (or sex) starting around 4-5 weeks and I hear as well that topping speeds the process of showing sex.....esp I’m males.
        Interested in input on this !
        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Photos do show sex at 3 to 6 weeks. However lots of pistils isnt until the light change. @Chefbj you have grown both so you know that another week should tell you if they are autos. Also since the light change is gonna be soon I think the timing on finish will still be fairly close. You should definitely stay in the comparison. Just change the name from challenge to comparison and it's all good. (You have more exp inside than me so you already know all this. But interesting that people are ordering photos and getting autos, yet people ordering autos are getting photos.)

As far as soil I usually use ffof and the same nutrients on autos as I do photos. I've never noticed them wanting less nutrients than photos but I'm no expert. I'm only on my 4th grow of autos so cant really say. I've only been growing inside for a few years now so no expert on inside either.
          Last edited by Redwasp; 09-05-2018, 10:54 AM.

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm definitely going to have to figure something out before flip day. I don't want to finish autos on 12/12. Yes I've grown both Redwasp but only once with autos. However I've been growing lots of photos and have never seen pistils this prominent at around 4 weeks old. This has made an intresting turn to thread and it's going to be a helluva "challenge" for sure.

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Campesino stunned is what I was when I started checking them out this morning to do a foliar. Seems I have a bit of yellowing on those leaves too.

Californiakid and RosettaStoned so far are the only ones I've seen that didn't fall behind and may be exceeding my phase of growth. So if I have pistils shouldn't they see what I'm seeing?? I don't want to have to move them in and out of the tent. So I'd like a little more confirmation that these gc are not autos. Maybe I can ask a couple actively auto growers with some name tagging. NebulaHaze D.A.A.S.69 this is normal for autos but have you ever seen pistils like the ones I posted above in photoperiod plants? Weed Pharma Obi-Wan @ anybody lol.
        Last edited by Chefbjy; 09-05-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          @Chefbj now that I think about it my ak47 that was supposed to be an auto but ended up a photo did get pistils like that but it was at 9 weeks. None of my other photos ever have. D.A.A.S.69 is who I have gotten all my info about autos from. There was one other person here that grows alot of autos but cant remember there name. NebulaHaze can tell you who it is. Probably have to PM them directly as they do not read the board much anymore.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Chefbjy I have seen Pistils like that on photo plants give it time I think you might be surprised

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          I sure hope so OJH. Did you see the pic in my journal? Looks like flower on the top. Guess we'll find out soon enough πŸ˜†.

So I never removed seeds from packaging, they were put away. I never put my gg#4 seeds away, they hit jiffy pellets as soon as I got them in the mail. The gc and dgth are the first seeds I ever purchased and never had anything in my cart or wish list before ordering them. So I'm confused as to how this happened, here are the packages. As you can see from previously posted they are indeed the same packages. I know for a fact that this was another error on Seedsmans' part. Second mix up second order, haven't heard back about my first replacement order and I will definitely have to tell them about this now. I hope they can compinsate me for how much trouble they've put me through. 😒 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180905_080814.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	245308

Comment

• Californiakid
          Californiakid commented
          Editing a comment
          Chefbjy
          When you email them, are you creating a ticket or whatever they call it? Or just sending an email?

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I went through costumer support.

• Californiakid
          Californiakid commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh good. It took me a couple trys to figure that out.πŸ˜…

So yes I would move it out knowing this. Man that sucks chef.
        "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

β€’Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

β€’600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

β€’4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

β€’14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Do any of the people in the challenge live close enough to each other to meet up? Was just curious to see if the buds end up smelling, tasting, and "feeling" the same. I've always wondered if the genetics I get are the same as everyone else. Also if the different grow methods change the taste and smell significantly. I think the taste and smell are probably more important to me than being super strong. I love the flavor and smell of certain strains and was just curious.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            I live in the midwest. I would gladly go to the west coast, and stay, to compare buds.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I live in Mass

UPDATE:
          AI is starting to come around! Nice little 1 day growth spurt... hopefully gc and dgth follow suit

Name:	
Size:	559.1 KB
ID:	245872

The struggle is real!

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.07 MB ID:	245549Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	245550Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.06 MB ID:	245551Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.22 MB ID:	245552
          Last edited by farmerjim; 09-07-2018, 08:41 AM.
          Instagram: @farmerjim420
          What is VPD?
          diygrowdata.com

Completed:
          #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
          Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
          In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
          In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
          • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
          • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
          • #diyrdwc
          • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

• farmerjim
            farmerjim commented
            Editing a comment
            Updated pic above, things are looking up

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X