LED light specs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED light specs.

Here is all of the technical information I can find at this moment on the LED fixture I just purchased. Please take a look and if you would, provide an honest opinion of its suitability to my purpose in my 4x4x8 enclosure.

I have requested ALL available specifications and technical information on the King Plus 1500w fixture.

I don't think one will cover a 4x4 area very well. 2¢
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

Originally posted by RosettaStoned View Post
      I don't think one will cover a 4x4 area very well. 2¢
      I second that. Thats basing it off 3x3 for the light footprint. If you got a second one, you could probably make due with that. But you may still be losing out on aprox. 1x5 feet unless you place them a foot apart on the diagonal.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed ☝️☝️ ideally four would be best

Have to agree, theres no flux values to work off but i would estimate its equvalent to a 200-400w sodium discharge light. The 1500w advertised value is related to the diode chips total max rated values. Which is a marketing technique to basically lie to consumers. I mention this in my article "how to compare grow lights". Manufacturers know how confusing light metrics are to consumers and manipulate that to make their products appear to be of high quality.
      Written Articles:
      Light Metric Systems
      Using Light Efficiently
      The Light Cycle Debate
      Environment Conditions
      Grow Light Technologies
      How To Compare Grow Lights
      To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
      Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Instagram

Comment

That fixture is essentially the same as my older King 1200. It will give adequate PAR output to cover 5-6 sq ft so I'd plan on at least 3 of those. Or you could just build a MUCH more efficient rig using cobs or strips.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree again but that's not always in everyone's budget. Good coverage for a 4x4 would probably be around $600. I bet four of those king lights is close or more than that.

I pretty much agree with everyone that the fixture I bought is inadequate for my needs. God bless Amazon. I’m going to return it and go for 2 Roleadro 400w COBs.

Wish me luck.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly before I went all cob and quantum board crazy I was going to get 2 viparspectra par 700s. If I had to get a light like that now I would still go with them. I've taken apart a broken one I'm going to turn into a cob light and they have quality parts for Chinese. The LEDs are not under driven, nice size heatsink for longlife, nice case, quiet fan. If you could go that route you might be better off. Not that there's anything wrong with roleadro, I have two 300 watt panels on a sea of green (15 plants) right now and they look pretty good. Outsides are suffering a little and it's a 2x4. I have also taken one of these apart that was "broke". Much lower quality, the heatsink is probably 1/8 the size, shitty soldering, thin wire. Hope this helps some.

I think 2 roleadro 600 watt lights or 2 viparspectra 450 would be more than adequate for a decent grow in a 4x4
          Last edited by RosettaStoned; 04-05-2018, 01:53 AM.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I'm with Rosetta Stoned, I had a couple of Roleandro 400s, had to send those back, an got Viparspectra 450s, the Vipars have lots better coverage . 2 Viparspectra 450s in your tent will be better, than 2 Roleandro 400s, Plus you got a veg switch with the Vipars.

Too late now. I already pulled the trigger on the Roleandros. In the meantime, I’ve decided to finish off the 2 auto-skunks that I have going under my 600w HPS. They’ve already perked up. If it wasn’t for the heat, I’d run the MH/HPS all the time.

Thanks to to all for your valuable input.

Grow well. Be well.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X