Out door ready to harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out door ready to harvest

This is an outdoor grow . First time . Can any one help me out with what stage the flower is at and if it looks read my to harvest . It’s in New Zealand , and almost the outdoor harvest time here . Typically plant in November/December and remove first couple of weeks of Easter . Our climate now is autum/ fall , still nice days and cooler evening climate

From the pics Id wait a week, two would be better. Close up of a bud would be helpful.You need to examine the trichomes for a better idea.

Comment

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh btw, Nice job ! Great looking plants.

Hi Kiwi86,

You can harvest anytime you want, the window is open I'd say! Then again, if you can wait a bit, it'll be better. On mine mold started growing, I cut those parts down and waited expecting them to grow even bigger. It didn't, but it did put out some new flowers (suddenly a majority of white hairs). So, if there's any mold cut them all down I'd say, since they are "ready". It'd be good to have some trichomes pictures (A 10 bucks microscope clip for mobile works okayish)
    Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

Awesome for the pointers , cheers for that . - Dutchman- I’ll hopefully get some close up this weekend . We won’t be far away from frosts in the morning here and daylight savings goes into effect this Sunday ( I’m not sure if this has any influence on harvest ) from what I can remember of the ttri Trichomes ( little hairs on the buds ?), a lot of them had turnd colour to a darker shade of orangey/brown , there were a couple plants that they are still milky white . The smell was potent / skunky and i removed yellow leaves and dead ones and it was super sticky . Deff going into nitro defficiency stage as there is a fair bit of yellow coming through , one plants is all yellow !

Minoo96- no bud rot/ mold as of yesterday

Comment

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Frosts can be bad only because of the moisture and because they can kill small parts of a leave or bud which can lead to rot.You want to pull your plants before rot starts.Also watch out for more than a day or two of rain at this point. If its gonna rain for 2 or 3 days its probably better to pull them. The plants dont know daylight savings so it really has no effect.

Trichomes are also called crystals they are like the little sparkles of sugar on your buds. If you can look at them under a jewelers loup or some type of magnifier you want to see a mushroom like head on each trichome and it should be milky not clear a few turning amber is going to start to happen.

Comment

Some look ready but looks like there are still some white hairs on some buds. Check the trichs on the red hair ones and wait couple weeks on the rest.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X