Grow Tent Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow Tent Setup

Hey guys, nearing the end of my first outdoor grow and with no desire to wait until next spring, I want to start a indoor grow.
    I have my heart set on a 200cmx200x200 grow tent, just wondering what light size, fans I will be needing and what the approximate plant capacity would be? I'm happy to handwater and just want something simple. In Australia power is expensive so I would want to use LED for Veg and HPS for flowering

What size is 200x200x200? In Inches or feet? I’m in California not familiar with those numbers.. Also you can go on grow weed easy.com and it will tell you what size light and how many plants you can fit in your tent according to the size..

Comment

Centimetres, sorry we are metric over here

Comment

200 cm is 78.74inches.. 6.56ft.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

You could just use the hps for both with a ballast that you can switch mh to hps. I love my mh/hps lights cheaper then the nice leds easy to use and move. In that size I'd say 6inch exhaust 600watt mh/hps you could probably get away with a 4 inch whatever that is in cm lol but cooling and air flow would be better with 6". Really up to you and what you can spend though. But that's what I would do to fill it up with a few plants.It's probably pretty hot there and cooling can be an issue with hps if you only need one or 2 plants you can go with smaller size light.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Originally posted by Chefbjy View Post
            You could just use the hps for both with a ballast that you can switch mh to hps. I love my mh/hps lights cheaper then the nice leds easy to use and move. In that size I'd say 6inch exhaust 600watt mh/hps you could probably get away with a 4 inch whatever that is in cm lol but cooling and air flow would be better with 6". Really up to you and what you can spend though. But that's what I would do to fill it up with a few plants.It's probably pretty hot there and cooling can be an issue with hps if you only need one or 2 plants you can go with smaller size light.
            Wanted between 4 and 8 plants, I am prepared to spend $1500 AU or $1200 US on a setup, was concerned about power usage by HPS and heard LED would be 80% more efficient but not so good for flowering. The grow will be in winter so I'm hoping the heat isn't a massive issue

Comment

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, my bill went up about $35 bucks a month US dollars.

• KingKush
              KingKush commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think kilowatts are discriminatory it's like the old question "what's heavier, a pound of bricks or a pound of feathers?"
              LEDs might claim to draw less actual watts and cover the same area buts that's usually on large, expensive models.
              -600w HPS/Mh kits are like $200USD on eBay (bulb, hood, ballast)
              Two of those + a light mover and you could have 12 plants making 2 lbs every 90 days or so.
              A watt is a watt so it's more important to match up your watts for your grow space. A 6.5ft x 6.5ft area is a rather large area and will need at least 1000w of any type of light and definitely a light rail mover in order to maximize electricity.

From what I gather: the most "efficient" use of your electricity & money is a 4ft x 4ft (130x130cm) and a 315 cmh like some of the members around here grow.

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              With 8 I'd probably go with 2 600 watts and a couple kick ass fans. I could use a mover for my 1000 watt with 4 plants in my 5×7×7 but would rather run 2 600 watt dimables.When the budget opens up some that's my plan any hoo.

fellow aussie here,
            my last grow cost me $314 in electricity running a 600W HPS, 6inch hyper fan, 2 6inch circulation fans and a fan controller 24 hours a day for 71 days. Full grow including nutes etc my harvest worked out to be 82cents to produce 1g
            Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
            600W HPS
            Coco
            GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
            Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

If you're looking to go with led lights that aren't outrageously expensive. But will get great results I would start by looking at ppfd numbers. Not sure how deep you are into looking at these led panels now though so I'm not sure where to start to help you. Picking LEDs is a bit more complicated than the tried and true hps/MH "one size fits all" approach. I would personally suggest either a bloomspect or viparspectra 600w panel for each square meter hung at 18" above the plants. Those panels are cheap and working very well for me.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X