No announcement yet.

First Grow Forum: Cherry OG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate that so much guys!! My temps are getting kind of high still, but my tent is right next to a window so it kind of plays of the weather of outside.. I don't have my heat turned on yet, my house is staying pretty normal temp, 72-75degrees.. I think I might spend the money on a nice air cooled hood, and set up my exhaust system the way it's supposed to be lol but that still won't fix my humidity issue.. I'll do some research on that steam humidifier, if it's cool air, and the air returns to normal after being released, that definitely won't hurt my situation.. thank you both!!

Comment

Just super quick update.
      These were taken during/after my Transplant last night on 10/16/16, and she took it very well! However, I was leaving my tent open last night (monitoring what seemed like every 10 minutes) because my cats like to get in there. Which is fine, but they know they're not allowed to touch my plants.. well my youngest cat (the black one from the picture prior) decided she wanted to have a little taste of this one and bit the corner of one of my leaves! The plant had been tugged gently and was a little loose to sit in the soil, so I just hope she can recover..

if if it's not one thing, it's a-freaken-nother. So I'm keeping the cats out now, and I'm treating this plant like freaking royalty.. can't wait until my seeds from nirvana come in! Then I can start completely fresh!

Comment

• Royal Nugs
        Royal Nugs commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm lucky I guess. I sprayed my kitty with water a few months back when she was trying to nibble on a leaf. She won't try now but she moans until I pluck a leaf for her. She only needed that one spray to teach her. She's a super smart cat though! Smartest one I've owned out of 10 or so...

Thankfully my other 2 cats have no interest whatsoever.

• Wattze
        Wattze commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm trying so hard to train mine, she's just so dang curious lol I think she'll get it eventually though..

These pictures were taken just a little bit ago, I'd say about an hour or two, so you can see she is still doing alright lol
      Honestly, I think this soil is perfect for what I'm looking for, and I think I can speak for my little one as well! Still trying to control heat, but looking into an air cooled hood possibly this weekend!.. (hopefully)..
      humidity is getting slightly better, but I feel that's just because I have her in a bigger pot lol when I have the tent all sealed up and the light is on, my humidity is awful!
      So two major things to look in to.
      -Air cooled hood
      -air humidifier

I just need to get the heat out, and the humidity up lol I have the plan, just need to put it to action!

Also verified my seeds were being sent to the correct address, almost had a big mix up lol
      anyways, thank you for listening to my ramble, and she's still doing okay!

Comment

Hello all!
        It is now Day #11!
        Im experiencing some very strong growth since my transplant! The only thing I'm a little worried about is the slight yellowing from that very new growth.. but maybe that's the nutes from the new soil.. I'm still just continuing to water her with PH'd water (watered about 20 minutes ago), and trying to get those nutes used up that are already in the soil.

I've ordered my air cooled hood, and I'm expecting that between Friday and Wednesday.. so hopefully that helps out with the heat problem, and I can get my light closer to my plants! This bulb is pretty intense lol but once I get that, I think I should be okay for a minute, until I can get something to bring my humidity up.

To sum it up, she's loving the attention and the space, and will hopefully grow just a tad faster/bigger once we can get that light closer! She's really starting to look like a cannabis plant now, and I'm getting ever so excited. 😍
        Hope you enjoy the pics and the update, and let me know what you think!

Comment

If there's space in your tent try putting a big bucket/tub of water in there. Heat will evaporate the water and increase the humidity.
          Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
          600W HPS
          Coco
          GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
          Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• Wattze
            Wattze commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey OzBud! Thank you for your time! And I do actually have a little space, I've put two little tubs of water in there and that seems to be helping a little bit, the thing that's working the best seems to be the water coming from my smart pot lol but it's getting slightly better, she's definitely getting bigger everyday!

Hello again!
          Welcome to my day 13!
          (Didn't even realize it's been dang near two weeks!)
          This little one has been growing beautifully, and she loves the light, soil, water, etc.!
          I think that after the next couple waterings, oh I'd say about 4-5 days, I'll probably start giving her a little nutrient solution to help her grow properly 😊

Some other very good news, like, awesome news, my seeds from Nirvana came in the mail! Guys I ordered those not this last Tuesday, but the one before that.. so they took just a little over a week, I'm impressed! And they did an awesome job in the stealth shipping! Only thing that was a bummer was I didn't receive my 10 freebies, and a couple of the seeds are kinda white, I'm nervous they won't pop 😰
          I ended up sending them an email, hoping to get some sort of feedback.. will update as that continues..
          ALSO, my air-cooled hood came today!! I ordered that thing this last Tuesday, that one only took a few days! But I'm going to wait until tomorrow to hang it up, I need to run to my grow warehouse so I can grab some ducting! Once that whole shabang is established, I'll post some pictures and ask you guys for your opinion! This thing is pretty sweet, I'm pretty freaken excited to get this thing put up, my little one won't know what to do with all of that glorious light! 😍

To sum it up here, I think she's growing alright for the conditions givin, my temps are sitting at about 79-82 on an average, and my humidity is finally up to a steady pace of about 25-32% (depending on the time of day for both) although I do have my window open at night, it gets down to about 65degrees in there lol that's chilly to me! And quite the jump! But from the way she's growing, she loves it! 😍 And I love her! Thats why I'm trying to do my best to make it the most comfortable.. I really would like to get a little music up in there, I feel like that would just give them something to dance to while they're doing they're growing thing 😊
          If you have any other questions about the grow, definitely feel free to ask! I know I'm missing out details for sure, (These dabs are doing my right) like my exact root PH and how far my light is from my plant, but to clarify, it is all being monitored lol

Quick question though, my 400w Bulb is set to the 250w setting on my ballast.. do you think it'd be a good time to go ahead and turn that up? I feel like she could definitely handle it, especially once I get that air-cooled hood hung up!

Thanks again, my fellow grower friends, and I hope who ever is following in is enjoying this adventure! 😊

Comment

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            Enjoying your process very much. I love the germination/seedling phase. Beautiful babies.

• Wattze
            Wattze commented
            Editing a comment
            They are quite beautiful, aren't they? Thank you so much for the support Tika, I love seeing your stuff (:

Good job Wattze, my only advice right now is patience it seems at first to be slow but the next grow it will be more fun.
          Bubblehead
          4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
          4 Cures and a Life time gardener
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

• Karlee
            Karlee commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm on the third and it just keeps getting better. I thank my plants every day, my house is full of greenery.

• Wattze
            Wattze commented
            Editing a comment
            That's so awesome, I'm slowly but surely getting there 😊 This green thumb is very addicting, hell, I've even thought about going back to school to be a botanist! lol I love to study the anatomy of the whole plant, it's interesting how it reacts with your body 😊

• Karlee
            Karlee commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Wattze
            Do go back to school making the world greener for us all. And with what you said start a fish tank you can sit and stare for days make a nice world for them and use that water for plants they will bloom for you :-)

I've had the same thought Wattze...love botany but it would be great to study just cannabis. I yearn to find very scientific studies ( drawings) of its anatomy. I think there is a formal cannabis/hemp school somewhere.
          Any way..share the joy and the addiction to growing.
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Oaksterdam University in Oakland, CA.

Maybe someday we will have one closer to me. I'd love to go!

Comment

Thank you for that!
              Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
              Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
              GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
              photoperiod feminized seeds
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Originally posted by dontknownuttin View Post
                The device delivers cool water vapor in your tent. As far as the steam temp. goes it cools to ambient temp after 4 inches of vapor has left the device. I am sure a swamp cooler will work also! but at higher cost
                Be careful using that when you are flowering. You want to keep the RH down during flowering.

Comment

• Wattze
                  Wattze commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh most definitely! I'll have no problems with that, as my humidity is super low as is πŸ˜…

Hello all!

So I took this afternoon to prepare and install my new air cooled hood. Everything went okay, I could have probably gotten just a little more ducting, but the major thing I need is more space! It's just to much for one small little space, definitely need to upgrade to accommodate for my new equipment!
                The suction from this doesn't seem to be working to bad, definitely wanting to bow my tent a little bit! It's still kinda warm in the tent, but it's kinda warm in my house lol but my humidity is at like, 30-36%! 😊 So good news there!
                Definitey let me know what you guys think though, I'm not 100% with this setup, but it seems to be working okay for the time being..

Young one is still healthy, just growing away in there! She's loving this light 😊

Comment

Took these earlier this morning when I watered her.. I think it's time to start mixing some nutes!
                  What do you guys think? 😊 (The brighter one was taken with flash)

Comment

• Tika
                    Tika commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would
                    Half strength
                    They are very sweet babies

• Wattze
                    Wattze commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you,Tika, I will add em to my next gallon 😊

Nice setup Wattze. Very clean. Tika is proud, I'm sure. I give the nod on half nutes too. Ultimately up to you of course. She's adorable btw.

I noticed you set up your inline fan in the tent. I used to mount mine inside too until I realized I'm putting too much stress on my tent. I moved it outside and I'm much happier as I don't get stall outs at lower speeds anymore. I was pulling from my carbon filter and pushing through the light and then outside the tent. Now i'm pulling from both the carb filter and the light, seems to be easier on the fan for some reason.

Comment

• Tika
                    Tika commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yea proud LOL

• Wattze
                    Wattze commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Okay you see, I sat there for literally an hour trying to play out how I wanted this to go down, and this seemed to work the best.. for cramming everything i the tent, I never thought about putting the fan outside the tent though! I'm going to look into doing that these next couple days, except this time I'm going to have a real game plan instead of jumping right into it lol Royal I thank you so much! It's the small things like that that can change a grow setup for the better! My light is getting pretty warm still, I turned it up but my little one is happier with the 250w I think lol which is fine by me! 400w was getting hot!

Hello again, Everybody!
                  So these were taken last night (10-24-16, 8:00pm MST Day 16) and I fell asleep waiting on them to upload. (Dabs were hitting me just right)
                  Currently, my temp is sitting at a solid 82β€’
                  My RH is staying at a nice 38rh
                  my light is sitting about 20inch from the top of my plant
                  Light setting is currently @ 250W to help reduce temps
                  just watered last night @ 2.5ml of nutes per gallon (half strength)
                  However, she only needed 3/4 of that gallon for right now. (Gave her a full gallon the watering before last, and she was showing signs of overwatering..)
                  My runoff PH is sitting roughly between 6.5-7.0 for soil
                  (using liquid PH tester)

...Not sure what I'm missing, but it's good enough to reference back to lol I don't have a journal written in writing, so I'm storing it in here for right now! If I've missed anything, just ask away and I'll let ya know 😊
                  All in all, she's growing very strong, and she looks healthy! I just feel she could be a little bigger.. lol but she's on the right track if she wasn't before 😊 Can't wait for the next couple weeks so I can start training her!
                  Last edited by Wattze; 10-25-2016, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Wattze
                    Wattze commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have a few more pictures, but I ran out of data and my phone is suuuuuper slow, and I don't have wifi at home lol only at my fiancΓ©s work πŸ˜… But more to come! Just had to get this update up

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X