First Grow Forum: Cherry OG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow Forum: Cherry OG

Hello Everybody! My name here is Wattze, and I've been growing for about a year and a half now, however I've only been through one harvest, and had to find new homes for my last grow. ): (Just as i was flipping them to flower) However I'm now in the great state of Colorado, looking to further my career in this wonderful line of business! Before I ever started my first grow, I had been following GWE for FOREVER trying to gain the confidence of growing stealthy, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I was gaining the knowledge needed to hopefully get through a successful grow! Growing Cannabis at first was very intimidating to me! Nebula and Sirius with GWE simplified the entire process and made me incredibly excited to get started!
    Anyways, enough about me, lets get to the real treasure, this Cherry OG!

I could sit here and type out everything about this strain, or I could attach this link and have Emerald Triangle Seeds do the explaining for me.
    Cherry Thai x Lost Coast OG, the buds are dense and medium-sized, oozing with resin

Basically It's a 50/50 sativa/indica hybrid that has been carefully bred for it's distinct effects. It supposedly is a tall strain so I'm pretty excited for the topping and LST! I'm also looking at these Amnesia Auto and Northern Light X Lavender-Feminized seeds from Speed Seeds, But that's a bridge I'll cross when I get there. I'm growing these girls in soil (as you can see from the pictures) and as you can also see, I'm looking to do some training! Through my whole first grow, I was so afraid to even bend my plant, but I had to so i could keep them in my closet! But on my very last grow, I took the step and Topped em, and they blew up! So I'll definitely be trying that again with these and hopefully they do the same!

I currently only have 2 seeds of the Cherry OG Germinating, and looking to hopefully get the root out and planted within the next couple of days here! But if they're a little slow, that's okay too! I have nothing but time. Looking for any advice, or if you just want to sit in and watch em grow, I'll get as detailed as possible for you guys.

Sweet. Can't wait till they pop!

Comment

• Wattze
      Wattze commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a slow process! I hope all goes well!

Hey , what's up , I'll be here watching for u to talk about ur grow , can't wait to see them babies grow

Comment

• Wattze
      Wattze commented
      Editing a comment
      HEy thank you for joining! I'll keep you as updated as possible, just gotta get these girls popped and in the soil!

Sweet setup Wattze!

I see you have kitties running around. Hopefully they don't like the smell of cannabis. I have 3 and my youngest is obsessed with my plants! She doesn't like them as much since they started flowering and getting stinky but she still cries until I pluck a leaf for her to chew on... she won't leave me alone until I do. Thankfully she's understanding when they're little and I can't afford to pluck, but when they get big enough she knows and will literally crawl up my back to get to them.

She's annoying and gets her hair everywhere but I wouldn't change a thing. She's my grow buddy.

Comment

• Wattze
      Wattze commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Royal! Love what you post btw, your knowledge is excellent and I look forward to your advice!

And yes, I do have some kitties! 2 to be exact (: my oldest doesn't really want much to do with them.. yet.. but my youngest.. oh man.. she wants on top of my tent, in my soil, in and out my vents lol she's crazy, but I love her, she's just curious, I'm sure now that they're older, they can handle the situation a little better lol but that's so awesome, I read that to my fiancé and she loves your kitties now too lol they're awesome!

Anyways, thanks for joining in, and again, looking forward to your input!

• Royal Nugs
      Royal Nugs commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the kind words. I hope you have many bounties with your feline friends!

Quick little update here, still no sign of life yet from these little ones, but my germination process could be much much better.. anyways, still checking them every few hours to make sure the paper towel is moist, hoping to get some life in the next day or two!
    Thank you to those who are here already, and hello to any new-comers! don't be afraid to give advice, or to just let me know you're here!

Comment

Day 2 of germination

checked the two little ones about 15 minutes ago, MST, and there was definitely life from one! 😍 I'm going to keep them in the germination process until #2 pops, and until I can get that tap root out just a liiitle bit farther. All in all, extremely happy! Considering I thought I messed up and ruined em 😞 I checked em yesterday morning and the paper towel was dry!! Needless to say I was very upset.. i didn't think it had been dry for to long though, so I kept em going.. and glad I did! i just had to adjust my heating pad and the plates and now I think I found my sweet spot!

So im very happy that his Forum can come to life now, and if the germination process continues to go smoothly, they'll be in dirt and in the tent within the next week here!

Comment

• Royal Nugs
        Royal Nugs commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! I was born in CO btw. Grew up near Colorado Springs. Moved up to Boulder area for a few years. Been in MI since 2000. I miss CO so much... figures... I leave the state and they legalize recreational use... wtf

• Wattze
        Wattze commented
        Editing a comment
        Royal that sounds about right lol I was born in NV but grew up in Iowa. However I wanted to be able to do what I loved, without having to worry about someone busting in my door (cop or otherwise) lol but now I'm actually in The Springs! I'd like to say I miss Iowa, and I do on a family aspect, but I'm in love with Colorado.. it's absolutely beautiful here!.. I get to grow, take in this scenery, and smoke in peace lol it's a great place to live man..

Day 3 germination

checked em at about 5:30 MST, and they're both alive and well! I'm giving them about 12-24 more hours to germinate, then it's into the soil and on with the lights! Loving the progression!

Sorry theres no pictures yet, I'm not trying to stress them out to much, my germination set up is already crappy as is lol
      thanks for hanging in there!

Comment

So I was waiting just a couple days, so I could know for sure what I was working with here before going and getting all excited. After my germination and getting them in the soil, only the one was able to make it.. 😭 But I ordered more through Nirvana, so those should be her within 2 weeks! I'm going to continue with this Cherry OG seed and hope for the best here..

so this is about 2 days outside of the soil, is say it's entering its little seedling stage, and I'm spraying her with PH'd water after the lights shut off.. so my question is, when should I start mixing some nutes in there?

My lighting situation currently is a 400W MH bulb, but I have my ballast turned down to 250W. Once it gets into veg, then I'll probably turn it back up to the full 400W. Right now, it's about 2 1/2 to 3 feet above my plant, I'm just really hoping she takes well to the light!.. I also have my exhaust fan running and a small circular fan running to help keep the bulb cool. I'm looking to head to my grow warehouse store tomorrow and look at more soil, pots, fans, etc.. basically everything else to help me start this grow and my next one!

all in all, I feel it's moving a little slow, but in not sure if it's from my germination methods, or if it's just me being inpatient lol either way, I'm just going to nurture this little one until she's old enough to handle the lights and some nutrients, then it'll be time to start some training!

Comment

• Wattze
          Wattze commented
          Editing a comment
          See that's where I was at, I'm wondering if I leave my tent open more, if that might bring down my temp a little bit as well.. but I do have an exhaust fan, I don't think it's as strong as I would like, but it bows my tent a little bit when it's closed.. but I'm here in the springs in Colorado, so it's a pretty dry time for us here.. I'm definitely going to be looking into that evaporate cooler, and hope that brings my humidity up! I want to take that dome off, I'm just so afraid that it's way to dry for the little one.. all I can do is try the cooler, and see if that does enough for me! It'll also help once I get my air cooled hood instead of this dang reflector.. it's all working out okay, just trying to bring down heat and raise humidity! We also are looking into getting a humidifier, my fiancé said her nose has been bother her other wise lol

• rockman
          rockman commented
          Editing a comment
          Aren't they absolutely beautiful when they first pop up! So easy to be impatient when they are germinating...I go through that every time myself! Hoping you get a great grow with this sweet baby! 🌞

• Wattze
          Wattze commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah like I was telling nubula, I'm probably just being impatient 😅 That with a mixture of super low ridiculous humidity, which I'm working to improve until I can get my swamp cooler lol

I am growing a Cherry OG from Emerald under a T5 - and currently just started Week 4 veg. Used Nebula's manifolding on her and gosh did she take off, especially Weeks 3-4. Next week, she goes under the LED. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Wattze
          Wattze commented
          Editing a comment
          Ive been looking at LEDs a little bit, I've just been nervous with picking the right brand.. but I love topping and manifolding, I'll definitely keep that in mind!

So it's day 5 from being out of the soil, or seedling, and there's a couple questions/concerns I have here.
        1. Do the leaves look a little uneven or serated?
        2. Is the yellowing supposed to be that much in the new growth? It just seems too yellow for my liking and understanding..

So here's what I've done to try and correct these problems.
        I know it's pretty hot in my tent, and the humidity is even worse. But, within this past day, my humidity has gone from being 16% to 25%. (Still not great, but I'll take it!) and my heat has dropped from being 91degeres to about 79-81degress (thank gosh for the drop in weather), and two nights ago, I watered her with just the smallest amount of nutrient infused water, in which turned out to be a big mistake. My runoff PH was sitting at about 4.0 or lower. I had been checking my PH of the water prior to watering it, but it just still wasn't having it..

So, thinking it's all locked up and stunted, I just filled a jug of regular PH'd water up, and flushed the heck out of her just now.. but I'm confident it'll be a little better after that, because my runoff water is no longer an orange color. (That was pretty unsettling)
        I also believe that this soil/medium in using just kind of sucks for starting out plants.. and this light might have been a bit intense for starting the seedling..
        So I went online, purchased some seeds from Nirvana seeds, and I went to my grow warehouse and grabbed some fox farm soil, a couple 5 gallon smart pots, and I'm going to purchase one more little desk fan for my tent, and get a small set up of CFL's to start them out in their germination/seedling stage.. because this 250/400w MH is just too much for these little ones! I'm also looking into an air cooled hood, im pretty sure that would reduce a TON of heat in my tent as well.. Definitely hoping this next grow will be a little bit better, considering I'm much more prepared, and got some test stages down.. I'm so happy this one is still kicking, I'm definitely doing everything I can with the resources givin! I'm not losing her yet!!

Anyways I hope you enjoy the pics and can help me out and or drop some advice on my method to the madness, and thank you for listening to me ramble on about my worries lol

Talk to you all soon,
        Wattze
        Last edited by Wattze; 10-12-2016, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I've read seedlings do not need any mutes for 2 weeks. Just so you know. It's what I do, ph'd water is all.
          Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• Wattze
            Wattze commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what I've read too, but I've had this soil for forever, and I've had it rinsed through before.. like I said, probably not the best soil for this grow, but definitely learned for next time! Thank you though! I'll follow your advice! I do have some new soil that I'll use on my next grow, so hopefully I'll be able to maintain the situation a little better lol
            Last edited by Wattze; 10-16-2016, 08:02 AM.

So it's day 8 from seed, or just over a week old!
          After I flushed the little one, she started growing much faster, (these photos are actually from last night, 10/15/16), it actually looks a little bigger this morning!
          I was checking the bottom and the sides for roots and I'm actually spotting a couple on the bottom! So I'm kind of thinking about repotting her kind of soon.. any opinions on that?
          The temp is staying anywhere from 82-86degrees during the day (honestly to hot for my liking) and getting down to almost 69-70 at night! Last night I also pulled my lights down just a liiiittle bit more, hoping to accelerate some growth as well..
          Humidity is still a issue, I have tubs of water in there to hopefully evaporate and bring up my humidity, which is still only a high of 30% and that's at night.. during that day, it's sitting at about 22-25%.. Nebula had said something about a swamp cooler, and I'm definitely looking into one of those! Just readjusting some financing lol
          Im going to do a little more research on what I can do to bring up the humidity, but any other advice on that would be much appreciated! I take literally everything into consideration 😅

All in all though, I feel she's on the right track now, and I'm going to continue giving just plain PH'd water until her very first signs of her needing some nutritents.. again, these were taken last night, and she already looks bigger this morning! Definitely looking forward to this next week of growth 😊

Comment

• Nartak
            Nartak commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been told a wet towel can bring up humidity,just leave it in the box

• Wattze
            Wattze commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a pretty clever idea! I'll have to try that one lol I still fight humidity here, hasn't rained in forever lol

I am also a first time grower so do not listen to my advice! I got one of these is was cheep! MUCH CHEEPER THAN A SWAMP COOLER

Comment

I would go with a cool most humidifier over steam of temps are a concern. But swamp cooler over humidifier.

Comment

Originally posted by Pankace View Post
              I would go with a cool most humidifier over steam of temps are a concern. But swamp cooler over humidifier.
              The device delivers cool water vapor in your tent. As far as the steam temp. goes it cools to ambient temp after 4 inches of vapor has left the device. I am sure a swamp cooler will work also! but at higher cost

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X