Germinating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germinating

Yeah - started first grow of the year. Got some OGKush germinating. I'm ancient, I use the paper towel method.
    Although - I've read a lot of people using heating pads - Like the idea, just don't want to cook my little seeds. So I thought I must have something to use around the house. Then the 'Aha' kicked in and found a good platform to use. And guess what it is - cuz we all use one. And it's not a furnace vent cuz I don't have a furnace.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

I’ve seen several people swear by placing on top of the DVR, but I don’t suppose we all use one. Good luck on your sprouts.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

Hmmm. Hot water heater maybe?
      ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Cable box/DVR.
        My first grow

Comment

The refrigerator, on top I mean
          Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
          Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
          36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
          4 bulb T5's for Veg.
          2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
          IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
          3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

uncledoug knows - on top of refrigerator - mine's even quite dark.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Just put it in a rockwool cube then put the cube in a ziplock bag and place it on top of your dvr/cable box/ Ethernet box anything that exhaust a bit of heat really and that’s all three days later you have a seedling atleast that’s been the case for me. I’m only on my 4th grow now in dwc but the first 3 times I just put my seed in a solo cup in soil and placed it on my dvr and once again seedling 3 to 4 days later also before I started growing I would throw bag seeds in plane dirt in a cup dirt from outside and they would sprout but then I would kill it because I was at my parents house and they weren’t cool with it by my point is that in my case seeds sprout with no problem and I would do that without knowing about ph or real soil lol so there no need for heat pads or other things that cost$ because All you need is at home..

Comment

I've always used the 'elementary school project' paper towel method. My house has heating/ac vents along the ground, so i place the paper towel in between the plates and just set it on the heating vent. Not sure what i'll do in the summer when the vent is blowing cold air!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X