Time Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Change

I have a question for the 'masses'. How do You handle the time change from standard time to Daylight Savings time during Your grow?
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Ignore it.
    My plants are on 8 to 8 schedule (12/12). With daylight savings they will slide to 9 to 9. They get 12 hours of light and 12 of darkness - nothing changes for them... clocks just change for me.
    If this screws up your schedule you can move them back to previous time, but I'd do it in 15 min increments.

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, that would be the easiest and would give me extra time for a second cup of coffee in the mornings before checking on my babies. The worst thing about that plan is, that by doing nothing at all, I might start to thinking that I was a member of Congress!! LOL!!

Dough!!! I forgot to say this is the first grow, for me, that the time change occurs during the grow. My current grow is in week 15 (week 10 of bloom) and I would like to know how other growers do the time change without 'stressing' the plants. My current plan is to change to time during the 'lights on' period resulting in a 11 hours on and then a 12 hour off. I do not wish to shorten the lights off time for fear of causing the plants try to go back into the vegetative state.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      I posted something on this last week reminding people of the time change. I never used a timer before. To keep my time the same I bought a timer and set the time ahead about 13 minutes a few days ago then going to change it back when time changes.thinking this gives them time to adjust since lights would basically come on an hour early. If you have a regular timer it probably won't be affected since its already on 12/12 the timer will just be behind an hour of regular time. It effects my routine so that's how I decided to handle it. Btw my timer automatically changes with dst so I did it after lights came on.

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Chefbjy, The timer that I use to control the lights is a digital one, but the time must be set manually for the change to and from daylight savings time. I 'mess' with the timer so seldom, I have to drag out the user's manual every time when I want to set or change it.

I had to go through hand written notebooks to find the DST date and what i did! I ignored it! I did have a Digital Timer for my lights and extraction,one for the (at the time) pumps and bubblet and a mechanical one for each of my circulation fans(2x).Ignore it if you can manage your lights n stuff!Also,don't be like all of us (lmao) you don't need 3 cups of coffee to start your day 😂️
    Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
    600W

LED
    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
    BioBizzLight Mix
    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
    Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
    Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
    Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Nartak for the input. My fans and pumps (water and O2) are not on timers, I let them run 24/7 (except when draining and changing out the reservoirs. I need more coffee in the morning than most, due to a medical condition, my 'bad back' is connected directly to my lazy ass!!! LOL!!

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      Buddy i hear ya,i've connected drinking coffee with sinusitis (due to caffeine rushing blood and the warmth helping the nostrils). Dont want to go off topic,but how does 24/7 watering go for u? I was using clay pebbles in hydro with a drip irrigation system and i had them running 18 hrs with the lights and 15mins every 30th minute of every hour of lights off! As people said tho,cannabis doesn't require extra minutes in the year to achieve worldwide income loops 😉️✌️

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      After the root 'ball' reaches the water level in the reservoir, the water pumps could be turned. On some of the grows, the roots stopped up the drip lines and I just turned off the pumps. I have the flow lines at the bottom of the rockwool cubes to promote the downward growth of the roots into the reservoir. After the roots have grown into the reservoirs, the water pumps could be turned off, but I think that the added circulation helps to keep the water and nutrients moving around and mixed up.

Daylight savings time was thought up by the government. "If we turn our clock back an hour and forward an hour, it'll give us longer days". The knowledge of our great savior the government right? We ignore it in AZ. No time change here.

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to hear that logic prevails somewhere. The best analogy for day light savings time was this, "If your feet are cold in bed at night, You cut off the top portion of the blanket and sew it back on the bottom, to cover Your feet". I wish that the 'powers that be' would leave the time alone, one way or the other, for what ever good they think that they are doing, the time change gets rougher on Me every year!

I'm in flowering near the end so I just jumped an hour forward during my lights on flowering cycle. It means I lost 1 hour of light for 1 day no big deal.

Comment

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya this seems to be the best way in my head. Just like an outdoor afternoon when a storm comes in and it’s dark af. Doubt they would know any different imo

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X