Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Toss or not?

Thread closed. Leaving GWE
    Last edited by Nartak; 12-23-2018, 06:18 AM.
    Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
    600W

LED
    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
    BioBizzLight Mix
    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
    Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
    Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
    Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Your Fine Nartak I've done the same thing on more than one occasion
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• PRIMO
      PRIMO commented
      Editing a comment
      Nartac, the seeds don't give a crap about the ph warm & moist is all. As for yield, get em in a good pot in good soil,ph around 6 feed em hit em with good light and stand back& watch.

They're weed seeds, keep em warm and moist, they'll figure it out.

Comment

I don’t ph my water when I soak my rockwool cubes and they’re just fine. I just put the seed in about quarter of an inch deep then put it in ziplock bag and place it on top of my dvr 3 days later sprout and all I do is put a cfl on it and bam green from there on.

Comment

• Waltermelon
        Waltermelon commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't pH anything and haven't in years. The pH meter caused me to chase my tail and micro manage EVERY thing. I just trust the nute formula I've worked with for years to take care of everything, and it does. If you've been doing this for any amount of time you can look at the plant and tell if anything is off. I'm not just talking about a yellowing tip that's fairly common, if you have a pH problem, things can get ugly quick. For the most part most nutes take pH to a reasonable level, it may not be perfect, but it's good enough.

Nartak my rockwool cubes says I have to ph my water before I do but I don’t it’s just a seed. After it sprouts I do oh the water I add to it but other than that no at first I would but once I forgot and it was all good so I said fuckit .

Comment

Waltermelon yeah I just use the GH ph drops like Sirius recommends in his Bubbleponics tutorial. When I started I used the pen and I would have ph problems not anymore. And it’s a lot cheaper plus like you said most of the time the ph isn’t off by much guess I’m lucky to have decent water I don’t know.

Comment

• Waltermelon
          Waltermelon commented
          Editing a comment
          I try to use nute lines that don't market "pH up" or "ph down" solutions. I may be thinking too much with the reasoning behind it though. Also if nute companies didn't monitor the pH of solutions they produce, and a customer has to add $2 of pH up or down a gal, people would riot over that $2.

I use citrus crystals for a ph down and baking soda for a ph up cheapest stuff there is
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• Waltermelon
          Waltermelon commented
          Editing a comment
          You could also use a silica additive for pH down. It's an often overlooked addition, because the lady's will grow without it. It seems to help with the look of the leaves, I don't smoke so idk if it makes a huge difference, but it makes me feel better adding a beneficial element instead of just throwing in some off the wall chemical just to neutralize an acid.

• Nartak
          Nartak commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Nartak; 12-23-2018, 06:18 AM.

• Waltermelon
          Waltermelon commented
          Editing a comment
          I grow in coco and have never used peroxide or any cleaner type solution. I don't think ive ever had too much if a root problem. Coco is very resistant to pathogens.
          Silica is to strengthen plants cell walls. It helps plants withstand environmental stressors, so they can spend more time creating flowers and other things we love. I use "Emerald Harvest sturdy stalk".

oldjarhead100 where Can I get those crystals and is any baking soda good? Also can these be used in hydro dwc?

Comment

I LOVE that you do some "out of the grow room" plantings with rest of the outdoors plant community! When I have too many seedlings beyond what I can grow and give away then I take them out and plant them wherever I find a place that looks good....usually somewhere people don't frequent often. Some of those plants have grown, but few have survived and flowered by the time its too wet and cold around here. But I feel better giving them a chance than just giving up on them....Good to hear things are back on track. I always give my seeds the benefit of the doubt but 85% of the time its the ones that sprout and grow the fastest that I end up keeping and that produce the best. Cheers!
        Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
        liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Nartak
          Nartak commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Nartak; 12-23-2018, 06:19 AM.

Ha! I love it. Around here we have so much federal land that there is no way anyhow they can keep eyes on it all. But there are a lot of big hairy animals around that I suspect would love some fresh green MJ.
        Unless some lucky hiker has came across one_ all the others seem to have been eaten as well.
        My wife asked if I had room for some basil in my tiny grown room- it doesn't seem to need a lot of light so its on a shelf in the corner and is doing really well. But now she wants to commandeer some more of my precious space! I'm going to have to build her a vertical grow system for her herbs in the corner somehow.
        Last month after I selected which plants I wanted I had no problem giving the rest away_ good deal for adoptive parents too!
        So no freebies for the bears, birds or beasts this season I'm afraid. :~(
        Cheers!
        liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

I grow outside every year and I have found if you find a stream of field that has a east to west flow then you get full sun all day and you can tuck them right up against the tree line they still get sun but a virtually invisible , the other thing I do is not plant them together .One her one there but not to close that way if someone finds one they dont get them all

Comment

Lucky for me I don't need to worry about watering_ we usually have some kind of precipitation every three days.. or more often.I try to pick a spot that has the type of soil that supports other plants like cannabis that has good drainage and enough depth for the tap root to take hold. I think I need to pick a strain that does well in colder environments and is highly mold and fungus resistant and maybe they'll have a chance. Bag seed is a good way to go cuz the seeds are cheap. Maybe if I plant more and really spread them out I'll get lucky and they won't all get eaten by the deer, porcupine, bears, whatever! The fall season id usually wet too so bud rot is a big factor here as well for outdoor MJ gardens.

Comment

Great suggestions_ gonna maybe try a little breeding with some regular auto seeds if I can find them, other wise try a cross between a regular male and an auto female and see what happens. I could only try this outside if I don't want to take a chance on contaminating my tiny grow room. I'll try a few strains that say they are good for wet, cold environments and that are fast. Once we start losing daylight it goes really fast_ peak is about 25-30 minutes a week so the switch for the regulars should kick in pretty fast. If I do try to play with some genetics then I'll also look for one with a good rudralis heritage like you suggested< maybe some of those strains if I can find them.
              That's a great suggestion about the CS or STS feminized conversion. I'm going to try that one for sure. There's a breeder in Washington who produces some strains that sound really tempting but they are expensive.
              About $100 US for 10 regular seeds. Last time a grew regular seeds I got 7 out of 8 males so I'm a little shy about spending that much on seeds that could end up being at least half males or more. So the CS or STS would help increase the odds of getting at least half females, maybe more if all goes well.
              These guys only produce regular seeds so I take my chances or try the CS / STS.
              Thanks for the great suggestions. Cheers!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X