Buy or build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy or build?

What are your thoughts on cost when it comes to buying or building a grow tent? I found these cool trays at work that were growing dust on them, I found out they were the trays for that fresh pet product that you put sod in to let your dog use as it's bathroom... The XL ones...so I got a few...free... I got a bag of 12 of the PVC corners (3 way) that are for 1 inch PVC at a garage sale for $5... Looking at reflective surfaces to use, those seem a bit pricey? What would you use or what did you use for the walls and door? I'm trying to decide if I want to build a tent or just buy one... Would love to see some photos if you built one.

Any type of room can be built as long as you have proper ventilation. A friend of mine was thinking of building one. Trying to talk him into doing it and taking some clones.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

I would say it depends where u live.Obv in the states sonewhere so i would say if you want more than 4x4x6 you should build your own,if you want just that or smaller,buy one! Most DIY (wooden) growROOMS dont have reflective surface and DIY growTENTS (2x2x4) are small enough to covere with affordable surfaces. Always think about what u want..Start reverse,how much product do you want per grow? How much lighting does that require? How much space do you need for that light to keep temps right and plant height where u want it?

I wanted 300g 10oz so i got a 600w hps(think 0.5g per Watt) and as Nebs suggests,4x4 is just at the limit of 600w hps! Calculated all that and i got my 287g from 600w in 4 months.

A lot to put into account for this..Do u smoke?Dab?Cook?Mess with it all? Are you being medicated or just recreational use? How much per day? Autos or Photos?

You might hate me for replying like this but following guides and 1.2.3 NEVER gets u 100% ready! I think LuckyAcres did a big shed last year,have a look around..
      Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
      600W

LED
      2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
      BioBizzLight Mix
      Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
      Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
      Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
      CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
      Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

hey Piro I was in the same boat you are trying to decide to build it or just buy one I'm glad that I built one .I'm still using the tent for a veg room and auto room but I built the bloom room you can see pictures of it in new grow room under my name . I'm throwing this out there my tent is an ArgoMax xl its 5'x8'x7' from HTGSuply.com then I spent 40 on some flexible insulation and split the tent in half

If you decide you want to build it any Flat white again Flat White will do for a reflective surface
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I was pondering the same thing, but found the small tent I needed on Amazon. It was cheap and it's really well made. Of course if you have an extra room lying around or a basement corner you wan wall off with black tarp, I guess that would be a different matter...

Comment

Check those pcv 3 way elbows usually one End is threaded makeing it very problematic to work with ! Lol
            Last edited by Potted; 03-09-2018, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I actually ended up putting the Secret Jardin Hydro Shoot60 (60x60x140cm) in the box and got my old 150x150x200cm out.Used the bars that make the height to create a 140x140x140cm box with the tent just stretched and tucked underneath the whole thing..I wasted 50$ and learned lol...

HPS/MH
              600W

LED
              2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
              BioBizzLight Mix
              Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
              CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals

Comment

Well, I just bought a 36x20x63 tent off of Amazon 2 days ago (damaged box) so I paid $42.04 for it! Free 3 day shipping with Amazon prime... Well Amazon dropped the ball AS USUAL and it's going to take 7 days to get here... Sent a nasty e mail to them about the shipping and they gave me a $10 gift card... Then I called and talked to a supervisor and raised hell that their web site says 3 days not 7... Long story short he gave me a $30 credit... If you guys are ordering off Amazon and they are screwing up shipping, call and complain! AMAZON has consistently been getting worse over the last 2 years. I'll post a pic of my $2.04 grow tent when I get it next week.

Comment

Flat white works amazing in a diy but I do love my Apollo 3x3x6

Comment

Is penguin film not still around? That was a bug thing when I started growing. But with the Chinese grow tents affordability, they may not have a place in the market any more .

Comment

Yeah i got my amazon freebies twice!Ordered a tg320 cam and a 1tb external drive few years ago,a month later im calling them and shitting down the phone line,a week later i got my order resent and 2 month later i got the original order via France,it was stuck in France for a good 2 months! so 2 cams and 2 druves for me.Then it was STS Solution last year,i ordered 100ml solution and got 2x50ml of 1part only so they sent me 2x50ml of the 2nd part!thats 100ml solution extra for free! gotaa love amazon fuckups,people make serious money out of this,read it on the darkweb..

P.S I also got GHQ sending me 10 extra church seeds because their original package wasn't seized but lost (and ofc arrived a month after the refund package).

Praise hard-to-get-to cities and villages,mail gets funky,orders double lol
                      Last edited by Nartak; 03-10-2018, 03:12 AM.

HPS/MH
                      600W

LED
                      2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
                      BioBizzLight Mix
                      Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
                      CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals

Comment

Ok, 36x20x63 grow tent, just ordered a 300w full spectrum led light with IR and something else?... Will that be enough or do I need to run my cfl lights also? Light had a LOT of photos in the reviews showing what they called awesome grows.. I have a little 50w full spectrum ufo light I have been using for my 2 smaller plants and they love it, my auto has been under cfl light. And sunlight when possible.

Comment

Well, my tent was supposed to be delivered today.... Tracking the package it says it arrived at the Jacksonville UPS hub Friday morning....according to the tracking info it's still sitting there! Assholes at ups probably lost it.... Yay....yet another BOTCHED Amazon delivery. My grow light I ordered Sunday...assholes at AMAZON still haven't shipped that yet, and that's supposed to be here Thursday. I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

As always,more light is right, just wait till those autos get a load of that new setup just keep a i on the heat and distance lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X