No announcement yet.

Starkiller bagseed journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what I did, even did the broken branch. Seemed sturdy enough to at least get it started. Bottom two branches are for clones. That's if it is a female, don't need to clone a male
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect!
      They definitely won't cut themselves on that wire.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      lets see if I can explain this tywraps get some short and some long make little loops with the short ones then slide them on the long ones then attach the long ones around the top of the bucket you should be able to slide the short ones to where they are needed thin tighten it up , I usually drill holes in the sides and attach the tywraps to the bucket but you want to maintain darkness so this should work

It's been a little longer than I wanted for an update but oh well. It's growing well, about 15" tall. When I did the change (week 4) last time the EC was 1550 but now it's 1400. For the change (week 5) tomorrow it will be getting a 1750-1850 EC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180417_002910.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	196371Click image for larger version

Name:	20180417_003001.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	196370
    The one in the middle. A little lst every night and I have to lower to pH just about every night as well. I trained the top branches and came back the next day and the main trunk had split. I tied it together with a soft tie for power cords. The branch I broke is just starting to grow again.

Name:	20180417_002824.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	913.5 KB
ID:	196368Click image for larger version

Name:	20180417_002925.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1,019.2 KB
ID:	196369
    According to nebula, the stipules crossing on several locations is a good indicator of a female. No pre-flowers yet
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice fix Rosetta I use electrical tape no worries for you it will grow a big fat knuckle and be stronger than before

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      It was holding on by a thread, surprised it even did anything.

Branches are getting asymmetrical and starting to show it's true colors. Changed to 2000 ec, a little higher but it didn't care. I think it grew an inch, at least, in 10 hours!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180419_164021.jpg Views:	1 Size:	792.3 KB ID:	197243

Comment

It's looking happy and healthy! At it tallest point it is about 20" but a solid 30" wide. All the major branches have really beefed up at the main trunk. Secondary node growth has sprung into action as well.
      (Let me slide a question in here while speak of these)...it's the secondary nodes that I strip off of the trained main branch, those and the leaves all the way up to the third node from the top? That's the defol I am seeing that makes the towers of buds? Haven't ventured from the net yet and want to try this out. Also don't want to decrease my yeild with a stupid move...so want to make sure first.
      Still no real definitive answer on the sex yet, pre-flowers kinda poked their heads but haven't finished. I might have to give this an additional week to see....still a little LST every day and no complaints about the healthy increase in nutes. Topped it off once with a gallon of nute solution to keep it at the 2000 EC. For a plant that doesn't supposedly like high pH, it sure likes to raise it up a lot. Next change, in two days, it will go into a 5 gallon bucket. Maybe a slight increase in nutes nothing substantial. Need to decide what I am flowering it under. It is going with the two PExWW to the left of it on the floor.

Name:	20180424_021949.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	198505

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Gorgeous plant, Rosetta: she looks like a girl to me.

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you ATU, I hope so

Rosetta its lolly popping and yes thats how you do it from the main truck i remove all little veg growth and on each branch I take to two three nodes unless the node is growing very fast most will be small this is a picture of a plant I just finished lolly popping hope it helps
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        After establishing my manifold structure I have 8 colas. I take almost all the branckes that grow on the first 6 nodes, usually leaving one at about the 3rd-4th node on each. The majority of the branches that stay form during the stretch.
        I clip the unwanted growth tips as soon as they form because that is less upsetting (to me... and probably the plant)

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        It's getting a little unruly. I'll take care of that today

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just harvested one of my manifolds I think I should’ve removed more growth tips. I left quite a bit thinking more branches means more bud. But on most of those branches it was tiny buds with a small cola on top I think my main buds would’ve been bulkier and less time trimming smaller buds. Next grow I’ll remove the first 2 off the second node for sure. It does look like under the hps this is less of an issue than under the smaller led. We’ll see when I harvest the ones under the hps.

I wish I would’ve done one leaving them and one taking so I could see a good side by side. I think the lighting plays a big role, my 1 450w equiv led obviously is going to produce smaller buds than my 600w hps. With your lighting you might have better results on those side branches.
      48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
      5 gallon Smart Pots
      Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
      Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

Start of week 6 tonight. 55 days since being being placed in the towel. Backed off the nutes a little in hopes to let the PExWW catch up. 1900 EC in a 5 gallon bucket. More pre-flowers have formed and fairly certain it's a female, still don't see pistils though. I think I'm going to use my two 100 wattish cob rebuilds (226 watts total). That should cover three plants in a straight line.

Name:	20180429_170150.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	928.2 KB
ID:	200274Click image for larger version

Name:	20180429_170041.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	200275Click image for larger version

Name:	20180429_165855.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	200273

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Re pistils, how long have they been on 12/12?
          Re EC, you backed off to 1900! What had it been? I’m putting in EC about 1200
          Plants look great!

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Still on 18/6.
          It was at 2050 but you have to subtract the tap EC which is 450. It's rocking for sure, especially since the new probe and new meter. Everything really, all the plants are looking much better.

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          OK, that sounds within reason. And it certainly does look rockin!
          If tap EC is that high, I would be careful with just adding it on. I have seen several refs that suggest the upper range for that adjustment is 300. So even if you are starting with 450, you should only subtract 300. The thing is you are balancing needs for nutrition through diffusion and ability to drink through osmosis. If the EC is too high, (and I think 2000 is always pushing it), then plants can't drink effectively, irregardless of what exactly is contributing to that 2000 (tap crap or nutes).

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X