Please confirm that this is a male?😞

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please confirm that this is a male?😞

I'm 99% sure that what I'm seeing is a pollen sack? Real bummer! Looks like I'm 0 for 3 so far on my mystery seeds. All three look like they are male 😣! Guess I'm glad this is my trial and error first indoor grow. Still have my OG kush and a seed found in a nice bud that are definitely female.

Looks male to me, but wait for additional feedback before cutting it.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Definitely male.. Sorry 3 for 3 sucks!
      ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Howdy jtcn1965, I agree think that it is too soon to tell. The calyces look more pointed than fat and round like pollen sacks. How old is the plant and how long has it been in the 12/12 cycle? I would give it a few more days and wait to see if it pops any pistils. If it does not and the calyces round out (fatten up), then it is most likely a male.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I wish I could get better close ups. The whole plant has the same sacks as in the picture. Looks like I'm growing bananas lol. My OG kush has tons of white pistols and my seed that came from a bud also has pistols. Its been 13 nights of 12/12. Fortunately I have three other females that are about 4 week's. Now that I lost the other 3 if I have extra room I can add them in to get a head start. First indoor grow so already made lots of mistakes but also learned a ton. Especially on here. You guys and gals are great! So glad I found this forum.

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            On my current grow I started the 12/12 cycle on Jan. 06, they did not show any pistils until Jan. 19. If the one that you are worried about is the same (or similar) strain as the ones with pistils showing, then it may very well be a male and either isolate it from the females (sorta like Jr. High school! LOL), or chop it.
            This forum is absolutely fantastic, as well as the people on it! I've learned a lot from the folks here, and will continue learning as I go along.
            Good luck with your grow(s).

It’s a male get it out before it pops

Comment

you don't want this to happen! http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ant-pollen.jpg Bye bye sensimilla! Practice good birth control.

Comment

starramus good info. Thanks. Fortunately they are not that advanced but they sure look like the picture. They are out of my tent and now they must die! Lol Very sad as the beast looked like a Sativa dominant strain. 😞

Comment

• UrbZ
                UrbZ commented
                Editing a comment
                Unfortunately it was a beast because it was male. Tallest plant in the tent right? Thats so he is overtop of all the females to rain pollen on them.

So that's why it grew so tall very fast. Even FIM'd it and it still wouldn't stop. I can't believe how resilient that big boy is. I left it out in a unheated room last night. It must have got down to around 35° and this morning it's fine. Oh well at least my OG kush is doing great! Lots of beautiful white hairs with little budlets starting 😎. I still have 7 more mystery seeds so hopefully since the first 3 were male the rest will be female? I'm waiting to learn a little more before I go with my white widow. Don't want to mess those up. Thanks for all the help everyone. 😎✌

Comment

• Waltermelon
                Waltermelon commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks like a pretty good male though. Save some pollen and make a few beans.

When does it start producing pollen? Also if I let it get to the pollen stage wouldn't that risk pollinating the females? I haven't killed the 3 males yet but garbage day is Wednesday so that was my plan. I hate to kill these beautiful plants even though their male 😞. Wish I could put the big boy outside and watch how tall it could get but still way too cold here.

Comment

I have been told before that temperatures towards the upper end of the range for Vedge (60-80) tend to make a plant male, and that temps closer to the lower end of that range, tend to make females. Don't know for sure, but when I have kept it on the cool end during the first couple weeks, I have gotten mostly females.
                Best of luck with your grow!
                Organic Soil,
                with molasses,
                In a Greenhouse with,
                Redneck engineering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X