Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curing issue

Hey

so just cropped and dried till i could snap small stems cleanly..

ive jared the 13oz i got (pretty happy since from 2 plants) but 1 day in and the buds are feeling a little wet. I dont have a humidity pack or thingo ma bob in the jars (Might drill me some holes and install arduino humidity sensors but unsure how long they will last)

how wet is too wet. Temp in the room is 27c @ 66% humidity (thats day time .. drops to 20 at night) they feel not wet bit def not dry to touch (sticky?)

ill get some humidity packs but at 6$ each starts to add up fast (sure I could buy online but need them now.. Not in 2 weeks time. In aussie so everything is slow lol) also the packs i get are only good for a oz and I got closer to 2 in a jar (about 3cm from jar lid.. 32oz mason jars)

do inhale too much in a jar. I ran the local shop of of jars the other day lol and they aint as easy to get as they are in the statea)

any tips etc would be good (And yes ive read the main site )

cheers
    Rob
    Current grow

4x bubbas gift
    4gal fabric pots..
    coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
    600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

If it's wet ,don't put them in jars yet, I ordered Bovedas, 4days ago an I already received them, 12 of them cost 9.99 ,. If you let it mold, you might as well, throw it away.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Yeah, if it feels wet, take the buds out, dry for 12 hours, jar them again and see if they feel wet the next day. If so, take em out and dry them some more. A good hygrometer helps a lot.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

2oz in a quart jar may not allow enough air to circulate- the jar should be loosely filled to about 80% capacity.
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• PRIMO
          PRIMO commented
          Editing a comment
          Two oz in a quart jar? I would say way to wet still, 3/4 oz is about avg. you need more jars. Pet stores have cheap hygrometers. amazon has everything you need. I don't know how it is down in Oz. Here in the states we are lucky with 2 or 3 day delivery on most orders.

• gbauto
          gbauto commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed, I usually can only get an ounce in qt jar. Don't pack it in.

Yeah I'm going to find some more jars tomorrow. I think I'll air them put another day. They are not wet wet and they felt dry to touch when I jared them (Also the smaller stems snapped)

yeah im going to get some humidity packs. Issue is australia is slow lol. Odds are if i order them I dont see them till end of next week if I'm lucky
        Current grow

4x bubbas gift
        4gal fabric pots..

Comment

You're doing it right.

The bud often goes in feeling dry, but being sealed in the jar, the moisture works its way out from the center of the bud. Like others have said, just dump the jars out for a bit until they dry a bit. Then back into the jars. After a few times you should be able to remove the lid for a while without having to dump the jar out. Its a process but hang in there. The results are awesome. Good luck
          Cheers

ps...80% full in the jars. The empty space allows for air, and allows you to move the bud around without opening the jar. The buds shouldn't clump together, if they do its too wet.
          "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Thanks all. I'm going to get more jars in about 2 hrs. I'll check out Amazon au. See what the damage is for humidity packs etc. But want to learn to do it without having to buy them every time )
            Current grow

4x bubbas gift
            4gal fabric pots..

Comment

• Weed Pharma
              Weed Pharma commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't use Boveda until they are about 2-3 weeks in the jar.

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              Ya that’s what I was thinking Weed Pharma. And you can re-hydrate those Boveda packs and reuse again and again

Amazon au sux. Look at the delivery dates! Hahahhaha. 3 weeks time it won't be an issue hahaha
            Current grow

4x bubbas gift
            4gal fabric pots..

Comment

Turn your jars on their side and lean the tops on them without sealing them up with a little air gap. Paperbags also work for a overnight , not so drying/ moist environment. It is all about the air Exchange and what the buds need, they need room to breathe, 1 qt.= 1Ish Oz. No more!
              You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I split the jars to 1oz. After leaving open over night the feel about right. Dryish to touch but can still feel a little moisture inside. Just closed them up. Will see how they go..
                Current grow

4x bubbas gift
                4gal fabric pots..

Comment

• Californiakid
                  Californiakid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tomorrow you may have to open them up a couple of times for 20 minutes or so depending how they feel. Like you said dry to the touch not crispy.
                  It may go on for a week or two.

Sorry a tad slow replying. Stupid work.

anyways I think ive hit the spot now. followed what you guys said. Didn't even bother with the humidity packs this time. Winning. Starting to smell like it should taste is really coming through. now to work out my issue with my new plant :/
                Current grow

4x bubbas gift
                4gal fabric pots..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X