Grow your community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow your community

Hey all just wondering if anyone has grown for a local dispensary or grew for a company that has. Growing has become a certain passion for me. Does anyone know how to go about growing for their local dispensary or work for someone that does? Our little dispensary here in town has little to offer. I think we're about to get a warehouse for another dispensary and was thinking of switching professions.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

If you are not in a state with fair cannabis laws and there are very few. It will cost you a boat load of money. In some ares you can still operate in the "gray" market but not for long.

Comment

yes and dont forget no way to pay federal taxes from it its laundering.

So you are basically self employed and have to 1099.
      ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't have a problem doing a 1099. How do the companies and people compensate for the federal part? I'd even work for one that grows for the dispensaries. Maybe I could learn some new things.

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        I dont know exactly how uit works. Ive been trying to research it but not much luck.

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here I can't find much on it. I see there's a bunch of health department regulations and a wait list. Can't even apply online have to go on a wait list. Maybe I'll ask a manager or owner at the dispensary. Those budtenders are state jobs they make decent money

At least in Co, one way to get your feet wet working for a grower, is helping trim. You got to have your state badge to work for a grower or dispensary hear, at least.

Keep in mind if you plan to start your own operation, that prices inevitably will continue to drop, at least for a while, as more and more states become legal, and supply continues to increase. Seems like there has to be a point where things level off though. It still would be pretty awesome to legitimately grow weed for a living though!
      I think the legal hoops you would have to jump through, and the big bucks you have to fork out for permit and legal fees, would be the tough part.
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

"Starting May 1st, 2016, the Denver Excise and Licenses is prohibited from processing new cannabis business licenses (including cultivation facilities). Instead, applications for these license types at new locations will be accepted via a lottery process.

Applicants who wish to enter the licensing process will have to submit a completed application form, along with supporting documents and fees to the state’s Marijuana Enforcement Division. The MED will then file a copy with the Denver Excise and Licenses who will review the validity of the submission. If rejected, applicants will receive a letter from Denver Excise and Licenses explaining the reasoning behind the state’s decision. In case of a successful outcome, the applicant will be notified that they are thereby approved to file a licensing application.

Colorado’s law allows counties and cities to set rules for both growers and sellers, meaning you may not be able to grow in certain places. Always check the local laws before you begin the process of setting up a business.
        Financial and insurance requirements

Depending on location, costs for starting a marijuana growing business in Colorado can vary. Here is a detailed breakdown of all associated costs.
        Financial and insurance requirements – Image powered by Greenrushdaily.com

State fees:
        • Retail Marijuana Cultivation $4,000
        • Retail Marijuana Transporter (2-yr license) $4,900
        • Retail Marijuana Operator $2,700
        • Affiliated Interest (that is not an IBIO) $200 Commercially Reasonable Royalty Interest Holder w/more than 30% $400
        • Commercially Reasonable Royalty Interest Holder w/less than or equal to 30% $200
        • Permitted Economic Interest $400 Profit Sharing Plan Employee $200
        • Qualified Limited Passive Investor – Limited Initial Background Check $75
        • Qualified Limited Passive Investor – Full background for reasonable cause $125
        • Qualified Institutional Investor $200

Local fees:
        • Retail Marijuana Cultivation $2,500
        • Retail Marijuana Transporter (2-yr license) $500
        • Retail Marijuana Operator $500

Insurance requirements are similar to that of a standard (non-marijuana) business owner.
        Resident requirements

The rules around business owner residency aren’t entirely clear in Colorado. So foreigners (and those from other states) may be able to start a growing operation in Colorado. However, the state will give preference to Colorado applicants."
        Last edited by starramus; 02-25-2018, 09:53 PM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow that is a lot of money and they may not even except an app. Hmm could get my feet wet with another growing op that already has the fees and stuff taken care of. Maybe do a little investing and later down the road. Quite a bit of money to dish out.

• Waltermelon
          Waltermelon commented
          Editing a comment
          Or you can carve out your own niche. Like the wine and cheese snobs have their ultra high end products, stick to only producing the best, instead of trash club bud. Club bud cheap, because it's grown on a huge scale. Just like a "small batch" whiskey will always be a better product than any mass production whiskey. There are the pot heads that just want bud to get them high, but there are also weed snobs out there. Just find your niche and carve it out.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X