Diy dwc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diy dwc

So yesterday I built a cloning system and today I’m building a top feed dwc (one as a trial run) for after clones take. I plan on going 100% hydro and want to make everything to save money and be able to evolve or change them in the future. I plan on running 40L for a custom 3 site system. It’s nothing ground breaking just my own version of what so many others have already accomplished. Please help with tips or suggestions as I am new to hydro
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

First step is to cut the 5gal lid net pots to an appropriate size to fit three in the reservoir lid. Then cut the holes to fit them
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH

Comment

Mount pump, air stone and cut ports for tubing and wiring
      Setup
      4’x4’x6.6’
      600W MH

Comment

I put two valves and a T in the delivery system so I can pump waste nutrient out to drain with the simple turn of 2 valves. Install barb fittings in hose and run feed lines to pots! Really easy and only took about an hour. NOW..... does it work? Time will tell. Please suggestions, comments or questions welcome!
        Setup
        4’x4’x6.6’
        600W MH

Comment

Made a cap from the pot cutouts. Might cut a fill port for easy top ups
          Setup
          4’x4’x6.6’
          600W MH

Comment

Howdy BlueBudz, It looks like You have a good plan going. I think that You will like hydro, It is faster (the longest grow time that I have had was 22 weeks), the only down side is that the aroma and taste is not as good as soil grows, but I do like the ease of the hydro growing, less problems (bugs, gnats, and other unwanted things found in soil), and it is easier to correct things if they get out of hand (drain and refresh the nutrients).
            Good luck with Your endeavors!
            Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Grinder
              Grinder commented
              Editing a comment
              I use Styrofoam plates to cover the pots. Just make a half slit down the plate to the center and a cut out for stem.

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              Perfect grinder! Great idea thanks

• Grinder
              Grinder commented
              Editing a comment
              Great job so far. You obviously did your research and are primed for success.

A lot of flow control with the valve
            Setup
            4’x4’x6.6’
            600W MH

Comment

Grinder DW2 you guys think this will work?
              Setup
              4’x4’x6.6’
              600W MH

Comment

• DW2
                DW2 commented
                Editing a comment
                It looks like it should work. I would recommend using a little tape ( I use just plain old clear packing tape) to keep the aluminum covers in place to prevent any light infiltration into the reservoir. On some of my earlier grows, as the roots grow, they can (and have) pushed the foil, that I use away, causing light leaks. It would be better to secure the covers down. The tape is easy to remove if needed to service the plants, if needed.
                Looks great over all! Good luck with Your grow.

• BlueBudz
                BlueBudz commented
                Editing a comment
                Great idea, I have had to adjust them a few times already.

Looks great. Are you planning on transferring them to individual buckets?

Comment

• BlueBudz
                BlueBudz commented
                Editing a comment
                Nope that res has 30L. Water in it and an overall capacity larger then or close to 3 buckets so I plan on training them away from each other and filling a 4x4 with three plants. Still just a test it might not work lol

Originally posted by BlueBudz View Post
              Grinder DW2 you guys think this will work?
              It'll work but I think that it will get really crowded. When I switch over to a 4 tote UC system next grow I'll only have a single netlid like you're using in each tote. It is MUCH easier to manage a single tree rather than a cluster of shrubs .
              WHAT???
              5x5 grow space
              900w of Vero's and F-strips
              4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Two thoughts: Big reservoirs are more stable (pH, temp, nutes) and leave more room for roots (I like >5 gal/plant), and AN's pH Perfect line seems to have an avid following because it really seems to make reservoir pH more stable. (I haven't used it though.)
                Last edited by DoctorJohnson; 02-28-2018, 11:41 AM. Reason: "more room for *roots*, not more room for nutes."

Comment

I could run 40L in there no problem. I look at it like this: one res to monitor, trained properly in the middle of a 4x4 should fill it. Just got a blue lab ph/cf/temp monitor so if I keep it perfect.....🤞
                  Setup
                  4’x4’x6.6’
                  600W MH

Comment

There are pro's and con's to the one vs individual reservoirs. I would advise not to let those veg for too long the growth rate is significantly higher in hydro vs soil. You gear looks excellent and so do your plants. What three plants you got going? Strain? Breeder?

Comment

Thanks man, I plan on topping and lst a lot because I will need to leave them in veg for at least 3-4 weeks .Both Royal Queen Seeds one critical up front and two royal gorilla in the back. https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...la-x2-critical going to try and keep a journal feel free to come along.
                      Setup
                      4’x4’x6.6’
                      600W MH

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X