Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to start outdoor

Location 45th parallel ish, willamette valley Oregon

Ive heard quite a variance, hoping someone on here might have some info from personal experience here. I’m going to start a couple seedlings indoor for an outdoor grow for a friend. He says he usually put them out late may this seems way late to me. Anyone familiar with this area? When should we plan on putting them outside, and how long should I have them going inside before starting to adjust thento outdoors. They will Be Aurora Indica and a freebie auto I got I think diesel from rqs
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

I live in Mass and do outdoor grows every year ,if you are just growing the 2 plants then I wouldn't start my seeds until the middle to end of March this will give you a full 8 weeks to top,trim,train plants

If you are planning on taking clones like me I will start them any day now just need some room lol, I figure it takes 10 days for root growth on clones to get viable plants and it takes about 4 weeks for plant to get big enough to take clones. Last year I just cloned the tops from each plant so from one seed I would get 3 or 4 plants by the time they need to go in the ground this year I purcheased 30 seeds of 3 different strains all fast finishers so I will only clone twice ,once for my needs and once for giveaways (i give them to other vets)
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Idk why I didn’t even think about clones thanks!

I've always started mine a month or so before I plan to put in the ground. I've put them out as late as June, they vegged June and half of July before beginning flower. I'm in center of usa.

Comment

Where I live down South, we normally ain't in no hurry, usually around GoodFriday. To even start seeds.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Hey Locrian, we're neighbors! I'm about 2 hours south of you.

How big do you want your AI to get? The earlier you start, the bigger it will be when it's done. If you start very early, you could get monsters at the end. I'm currently got a White Russian, a Jack Herer, a Holy Grail Kush and a Vanilla Kush as smaller plants that will give clones and go into my flower tent here soon.

My plan is to do living soil grow outside this summer. I'm considering doing some of the biodynamic stuff that Paracelsus has shared about. He posted an article with this one guru-grower who plans his grows in accordance with many earth cycles, and I think he said he starts them on the day of the full moon nearest spring equinox, or something like that. I have to find that again. That guy wasn't getting monster yields, but the author of the article said that his weed was some real next-level shit. That's what I'm talking about!
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Hey fellow outdoor growers, I live in Central Cali near the coast. I germinate my seeds inside after Spring equinox. I place them outside the third week of April. I germinate another group of seeds at the end of April and I place them outside in mid-May. I usually plant my sativa breeds with first batch. The reason is the sativa plants take longer to flowers. I plant my indica breeds in late April due shorter flowering time. I have been successful growing my girls for 8 years. I have tried different starting dates and best harvest has been after the Spring equinox. REMEMBER ALWAYS FOLLOW THE LUNAR CALENDAR.

Comment

I think that there are to many variables in local conditions to say-plant on this date. Where I live in the Smokies we have had snow in April quite a few times-that's why I start outdoor sets inside until I'm certain Spring has arrived. I did a run of Aurora last year- 4 indoors and 1 outside-very squat plant structure, excellent smoke(very potent) but it is prone to bud rot on outdoors if you live in a humid location.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            That is good to know

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            No kiddn, you grow outdoors, you can count on some mold most of the time, just one of those things in my environment.

• Potted
            Potted commented
            Editing a comment
            U just got to play it by ear some springs come late,others early,Mother Nature can’t be counted on to corporate

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X