Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL bugs cutting down plants

Chewing stalk at dirt level

Morning, Thats horrible, I don't even know what to tell you.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Is that a cut worm?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks like a rollie, polie to me, in that one picture.

Do pill bugs cut down plants? I've never known them to do damage... I grew up on a farm in Tennessee and never heard my grandparents say a word about pill bugs... As a matter of fact I have a few pill bugs in my tent at the moment and no issues with them yet. I thought they ate fungus and the like.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I live in Ms. and we call them rolliepolies, I'm sure it ain't spelt right, wasn't in class the day we had spelling, I ain't never known them to hurt nothin, I want even let my kids or grankids hurt em, i always heard they were good.
        But that other stuff ain't rolliepolies, thrips an a little of em all it looks to me like.

I'm not exactly a spelling ace either. I just have a really agressive spell checker... There's quite a few grammar Nazis out so I watch it so there's nothing to attack. It's great people can spell nice, but most Grammer Nazis lack priority's and critical thinking skills.
      ​as long as we can get our points across, I think we're doing pretty good.
      The pictures aren't loading for me so I'm not sure EXACTLY what that bug is, but it looks like it has a horn on it's rear end. Most of the time that's a horn worm. Those are most well known as cut worms. I've seen them cut down a 4x4 square tomato plant. Nasty little critters.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ive had cut worms on my weed, they do terrible damage. I'm not seeing any of them.I clicked on the picture an it's clearly a rollie pollie, not a cut-tomato worm. That's a mess in those pictures.

Are the leaves glossy or wet looking resembling a plastic look? That stalk makes me sad.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Chef, I ain't saying a cut worm did that damage, but they can do a whole lot more than that, they will eat your whole damn plant, if you don't pull them off quick enough, that's why I was mentioning about your plants, always be looking.

In Australia I've always known them as slaters. After a quick google search they seem to be the same thing as roly polys/ pill bugs. They're generally considered beneficial in garden compost areas and things like that.
      Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
      600W HPS
      Coco
      GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
      Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• OzBud
        OzBud commented
        Editing a comment
        I've got a poisonous Lowland Copperhead somewhere in my backyard at the moment D.A.A.S.69 I saw it yesterday. Probably two foot long. I was walking around with no shoes on. There's only 3 species of snake where I am south of the mainland and all are poisonous.

Like gbauto said there's nasty stuff all over Aus, on land and in both fresh and salt water.

I reckon you're talking about the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks OzBud, yeah,that's it, .I would love to walk up that tall bridge sometime, is it free, or do you have to pay to walk up it.??

• OzBud
        OzBud commented
        Editing a comment
        free to walk on the lower levels
        $200 to climb I think

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X